PDA

View Full Version : Increasing car's performance

Saket
04-26-2009, 01:13 PM
K well heres the deal, I like driving a lot, always wondered about increasing a car's performance, but never really learnt much. I just got my first car and i have absolutely no idea what to do with it. Before I listen to everyone and just spend a bunch of money buyin parts that will 'increase my car's performance' i really want to learn a little. Oh and I'm planning to install all of the parts i do buy myself whereever possible. Any suggestions any1? help would be appreciated thanks :)

dj_rice
04-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Google

chkolny541
04-26-2009, 01:18 PM
what are you asking? parts for your corolla? i wouldnt worry about increasing performance on that thing, maybe just some springs and a nice suspension set up so it at least feels fast :dunno:

banned3x
04-26-2009, 01:22 PM
intake, exhaust and a jet chip then youll be flyin:burnout:

jdmSiR
04-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Turbo it.

KRyn
04-26-2009, 01:55 PM
A simple 125 shot of nitrous is your best bet to increase performance.

chkolny541
04-26-2009, 01:57 PM
racing air in your tires

badatusrnames
04-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Lose weight if you can.

chkolny541
04-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
Lose weight if you can.

:werd: and if you cant, do you really think you need BOTH kidney's OP?thats like a pound or two right there

Saket
04-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by KRyn
A simple 125 shot of nitrous is your best bet to increase performance.

isnt nitrous illegal man???

adidas
04-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Saket

:facepalm:

dj_rice
04-26-2009, 02:22 PM
http://i18.tinypic.com/5y1ay4p.jpg

Stealth22
04-26-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm disappointed...I expected to see funnier responses...I think Beyond is losing it's touch! :rofl:

But being serious now...there's not really a way you can just turn a Corolla into a rocket...

Saket
04-26-2009, 02:31 PM
haha thanks dj_rice... im gonna get that rite now... and man adidas, are you serious? cuz ive heard from so many people that you can only have it set up but not akshulli hooked up...

dr_jared88
04-26-2009, 02:32 PM

Nothing is illegal until you get caught.

BlackArcher101
04-26-2009, 02:33 PM
I recommend proper english lessons. If you plan on installing the parts yourself, you'll need to learn how to read the instructions.

However, you're just a troll... so har har. :zzz:

Saket
04-26-2009, 03:13 PM
oh and i have another question... will my engine and chassis be able to handle any more power? cuz ive never really seen a modded corolla anywhere -_- haha and i realli dont want to fuck it up seeing as its a brand new car... haha

dj_rice
04-26-2009, 03:16 PM
oh and i have another question... will my engine and chassis be able to handle any more power? cuz ive never really seen a modded corolla anywhere -_- haha and i realli dont want to fuck it up seeing as its a brand new car... haha

First thing you want to consider is, DO YOU WANT TO VOID YOUR WARRANTY

Kona9
04-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Boring Troll at that. Your spelling of akshulli blew your cover.

badatusrnames
04-26-2009, 03:18 PM
oh and i have another question... will my engine and chassis be able to handle any more power? cuz ive never really seen a modded corolla anywhere

Maybe that's telling you something. It's important to have the right platform to modify...

i realli dont want to fuck it up seeing as its a brand new car... haha

Why bother modifying it and losing your warranty then?

But I'm serious about losing weight if you can. I lost 20 pounds and now I can almost stay even off the line for a second or two with Civics that have loud exhausts in my old Nissan.

03ozwhip
04-26-2009, 03:20 PM
akshilly? wtf? are you THAT bad at spelling? anyways, if youre gonna be on this site, youre gonna hear alot of I/H/E, these are the basics, if you dont know what that means, google it or search it through beyond.

Saket
04-26-2009, 03:26 PM
well you dont always lose your warranty when you modify ride?... and im not going for anything that far out yet. LIke if i change the ECU that would make the warranty void for sure, but like somethings they dont care about too much do they?

dj_rice
04-26-2009, 03:37 PM
well you dont always lose your warranty when you modify ride?... and im not going for anything that far out yet. LIke if i change the ECU that would make the warranty void for sure, but like somethings they dont care about too much do they?

:facepalm:

Why dont you call down to Toyota and ask them what you can and cant install that won't void your warranty cause obviously your a lost cause

Saket
04-26-2009, 05:24 PM
haha i know wut I/H/E is ive been lookin into intakes and headers xD... and i should call toyota... haha thanks :P

Rat Fink
04-26-2009, 05:57 PM

Civ2NR
04-30-2009, 03:07 PM
What color is your car? White cars are faster, less lead used in the paint, therefore lighter, faster. Paint it white.

Serioulsy, if you wanted performance in your car why did you buy an '09 Corolla? If you wanted to mod a car you should have bought a nice pre-owned vehicle with a decent platform to build off of. That way you could do whatever you wanted without having to worry about warranty.

gatorade
04-30-2009, 04:07 PM
make some speed holes on the hood

bundi
05-03-2009, 09:05 PM
I don't know much about Corollas, but if you can get the Haynes book for your car it'll help you figure out where your flux capacitor is and how to tweak it for best performance... most Corollas are dialed WAY back for fuel economy and just need to be unleashed from what I have heard.

LOL @ racing air in the tires... are you trying to get this guy killed?? If you are going to be runnin racing air in your tires, then you NEED the supporting mods.. unless you have a big wing you aren't going to be creating enough downforce to keep you car steady...

Kloubek
05-03-2009, 09:17 PM
What you want is a big spoiler on the back. Not the painted body-hugging kind either. You want a big unpainted aluminum wing. It will create awesome downforce on the back, which results in less pressure on your front wheels against the pavement. Less pressure = less friction, and less friction = more power.

No need for any other performance enhancer. A wing is all you need on a front wheel drive car. Give it a shot - you'll see.

Kavy
05-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Some responses are worthy in this thread, others worthless, dam Canuck fans :)

There just might be a chance that the OP is serious, was everyone on this board born with extensive vehicle knowledge?

I am all for the snapping and making fun of people in general and ask leo but in this section I think its better to leave out your 2 cents unless you plan on contributing positively.

Which way is the bandwagon?

And yes even trolls deserve a bit now and then LOL

Rice you made me laugh so your still good :D