PDA

View Full Version : Want To Buy - Serial PCI Card

em2ab
04-26-2009, 10:18 PM
I got a CM11A device that hooks up through a serial port except my computer doesn't have serial. So I'm wondering if anyone has an old PCI card with a serial port on it that they would sell.

megavolt
04-26-2009, 11:44 PM
usb 2 serial?

em2ab
04-27-2009, 09:42 AM
The X10 CM11A interface that I'm plugging in is pretty picky and doesn't work too well on the converters. It's an older device compared to the new CM17 but the newer one doesn't have any Linux software for controlling it. I figure someone's got a PCI card collecting dust and I can get it for $5.

Alterac
04-27-2009, 11:22 AM
With the USB2 Serial Adapters, you need to make sure you use the COM port 1-4, most adapters will use a higher port.

I like to set it to com2 and then plug it into every usb port and configure it for com2. As when you move the adapter, it reloads it. Hah.

I think I have a PCI Serial card here at work, let me check.

eblend
04-27-2009, 12:05 PM
I have one as well if you need, but I promised it to someone else, if they don't take it you can have it.

em2ab
04-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Alterac
With the USB2 Serial Adapters, you need to make sure you use the COM port 1-4, most adapters will use a higher port.

I like to set it to com2 and then plug it into every usb port and configure it for com2. As when you move the adapter, it reloads it. Hah.

I think I have a PCI Serial card here at work, let me check.
Hooking me up with a D600 and now a PCI card? You are a God.

Originally posted by eblend
I have one as well if you need, but I promised it to someone else, if they don't take it you can have it.
Thanks, let me know.

I'll pay $5 - $10 for one unless I'm really underestimating the value. I figure serial ports are pretty old technology.

Alterac
04-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Yup, I have a 2 port Serial Lavasoft PCI Card here.

PM me to arrange pickup :D