PDA

View Full Version : flightcentre.ca booking refund (or price diff)

gmoney82
04-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Has anybody successfully received a refund for the current lower price of a package they booked?

I booked for a June Cancun trip 3 weeks ago on the premise of 'very limited seating' according to the agent, which I found out today is BS. (e-mail proof, plus there is still lots of room on same package if you book on Aircanada vacations). She also threw in a fee for changing room setups - which i think is BS as well. All in all, the price of the package has gone down about $300 in the past 3 weeks.

I'm probably SOL, but is there a chance that if I complain that the booking agent was being deceitful about availability, I might get some sort of customer satisfaction refund etc?

beyondpinoy
04-27-2009, 10:32 AM
the price probably dropped because of the stuff thats happening in mexico (swine virus)... so maybe at the time, it was very limited... but now, more and more media are talking about the issues in mexico, people have been pulling their vacation trips down there...

jdmakkord
04-27-2009, 12:48 PM
The terms and conditions that you sign at FC clearly state that prices can go down, but you agree to pay the current rate. No chance of you getting a refund unfortunately.

slowy
04-27-2009, 01:25 PM
i've cancelled a flight with fc before but there was a charge of like 60-80$, i don't remember exactly, this was last summer.

Eken9
04-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Flights only and AI packages are completely different.

gmoney82
04-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Eken9
Flights only and AI packages are completely different.

It will cost over $400 to cancel.

jdmakkord
04-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by gmoney82

It will cost over $400 to cancel.

Tour operators have far stricter change/cancel guidelines, and thus so do travel agencies. Chances are if you read through the invoice/terms that you signed, this is laid out. Not worth it to make the change as it will leave you owing money in the end.

gmoney82
04-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Tour operators have far stricter change/cancel guidelines, and thus so do travel agencies. Chances are if you read through the invoice/terms that you signed, this is laid out. Not worth it to make the change as it will leave you owing money in the end.

yah. as per flight centre agent: SOL.

I hope this swine flu is contained asap. I'm not going till June, but its still a concern if it lasts as long as SARS