PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Ford Expedition - Front end rebuild - Any back yard mechanics?

birchy
04-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Hello all,

I need to rebuild the front end of my 2000 Ford Expedition. Mainly it's the ball joints that need to be done (lowers especially), but I figure since it's torn apart anyways I might as well get the tie rod ends and upper control arms done that the same time.

I've asked around a few shops and the cheapest quote I've gotten so far is in the $1000 range. I'm wondering if anyone on here would be willing to do this work for less than the standard ~$100/hour shop rate? Or maybe you know of somebody that would? I know beggars can't be choosers, but I'd prefer not to get somebody who would charge me $50/hour, but then take twice as long to do the job.. if you know what I mean.

According to "the internet", I could do it myself.. but I'm not sure that I have the time/patience to do it.

A friend of mine referred me to "Total Driveline". He's been there a few times and says the guy does really good work. But I've tried to call and the number is disconnected. Does anyone know if he's still in business?

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/total-driveline-and-customizing-calgary

Another friends suggested that I go into a place like Part Source for example, and ask the guys behind the counter if anyone does any work on the side.

Any suggestions/opinions would be appreciated! Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like.

Thanks all!

bourge73
04-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Pm'D

birchy
04-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Just talked to him on the phone. He's going to call me back with a quote.

Thanks.

birchy
05-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Getting the work done tomorrow. Can't wait to have a centered steering wheel again!