PDA

View Full Version : Simple question - Help me identify this body part

Neil4Speed
04-27-2009, 04:59 PM
My buddy hit his sisters RSX against a pole in a parking lot and damaged the passenger rear body panel right above the rear back wheel.

What is this piece called? Can it be replaced?

http://images.automotive.com/cob/factory_automotive/images/features/auto_shows/2005_LAAS/2005_Acura_RSX__rear.jpg

gonein10
04-27-2009, 05:00 PM
quarter panel and post a picture. the dent might be able to be popped out or you have to weld in a new piece. very expensive

Point4Dave
04-27-2009, 05:11 PM
yea. not the $pot you want to have welding done to.

71car
04-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
My buddy hit his sisters RSX against a pole in a parking lot and damaged the passenger rear body panel right above the rear back wheel.

What is this piece called? Can it be replaced?

Originally posted by gonein10
quarter panel and post a picture. the dent might be able to be popped out or you have to weld in a new piece. very expensive

Yup, quarter panel. Dent might be popped out? ;) Heh, I doubt that! Because Neil4Speed said it's on above the edge of rear back wheel. Depending how close to the edge, the lower to edge - the harder the dent will be to pop out. Likely will HAVE to be either hammered or use "stud welder" to pull out the dent. If HIGHER, you might be lucky, but still I doubt it...

Trust me, I've seen that all the time and 90% of that happened - it has to be hammered out. It's part of my job in work.

However, it's the cost of paint that WILL dent your buddy's wallet as the entire body panel will have to be repaint again. If the RSX have some kind of special paint?

Neil4Speed
04-27-2009, 05:50 PM
gonein10, dave, and 71car, thanks for your responses. I will pass it on and ask him to send me a picture.

Body work is big bucks $$

methodicreign
04-27-2009, 05:59 PM
yeah about 100$ an hour depending on where you go for labour. I could probably put you in touch with some guys that do it on the side. I work in a bodyshop. there is quite a few that do side work