PDA

View Full Version : Deep Sh*t

koopkoop2
04-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Long, but worth the read.

http://viruscomix.com/page474.html

Isaiah
04-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Not a chance anyone's gonna read that without some cole's notes. At least say what it's about.

JAYMEZ
04-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Clifnotes first

riander5
04-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Coles notes -
Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

calgarydub
04-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Coles Notes:

2 young women during WW2 in Germany join the female hilter youth

One of them doesn't think about whats going on, while the other realizes that the Nazi's are criminals

The one who goes along with it (who dreamed of being a dancer) puts her life goal aside and becomes Hitler's secretary.

The other stays true to her personal beliefs and joins her brother in spreading the truth about the German government. They start an underground non-violent group called 'The White Rose'

They are found out later spreading leaflets in a University in Germany somewhere and are beheaded, she was 21.

The secretary who conformed grows old and learns about the other girl who was beheaded and how she didn't just give in to society. The secretary is sad that she didn't do more to find out what was happening in Germany at that time, and how she indirectly helped murder millions of people (jews)

Life lesson at the end:

Stay true to yourself?

msommers
04-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Man that was depressing as shit to read but a good one nonetheless.

As a side note, there has been and will always be individuals who consciously or unconsciously ignore what is happening around them. I once thought that humans were by nature selfish beings but I've come to realize that we've taught ourselves to be this way, and now isn't really frowned upon unless expressed in great proportions.

Thanks for the read though!

HyperZell
04-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Was I the only one who thought that this thread would be about someone getting in deep shit, and was then disappointed that I wasn't reading about someone else's misfortune?

DJ Lazy
04-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by HyperZell
Was I the only one who thought that this thread would be about someone getting in deep shit, and was then disappointed that I wasn't reading about someone else's misfortune?

Someone being beheaded, isn't someones misfortune?

msommers
04-27-2009, 07:59 PM
^^Yes! When I saw the link I was hoping it was to another forum about some idiot, then it was about Nazis...wtf. Wasn't even long, some of you guys are f'in lazy!

Spoons
04-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Can't quote with the blackberry...

I would say life lesson is keep your mouth shut or get beheaded. I'm sorry but I had lots of family over in Germany during WWII and they said when your country is currently ripping up Europe, you keep your fucking mouth shut. I mean they didn't have to go and kill jews persay.

Bad, yes, but survival of the fitest. There was nothing you could of done then. Wait till it's over then start fighting to get generals put in jail.

HyperZell
04-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

Someone being beheaded, isn't someones misfortune?

I meant now, internetically. And not death.

Crymson
04-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Read it, it's amazing.

I've been following his comics for about 5 years now, since he started his webcomic.

I'm good friends with the artist/author, we went to high school and uni together. He's a class act, and this was a definate departure from his "comics", that there is a work of art.

There is a reason why the tagline for his weekly webcomic, subnormality is "Too many words since 2007". The point is that he's doing something very different. Each comic is a week long work of art for him and should take you more than 2 seconds to "get the joke".

People have been razzing him about the verbosity of his comics since they've come out -- and well, he's simply not changing.

koopkoop2
04-27-2009, 11:55 PM
For those that didn't like this one, I'm sure you'll get a kick out of this one with Samus Aran and Lara Croft:

http://viruscomix.com/page479.html