PDA

View Full Version : Free Parking around calgary hospitals

benz_890
04-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Hello Fellow Beyonders,

I have a 2 month practicum I have to do in various Calgary hospitals starting next week. Does anyone know of any free parking within walking distance of any hospitals? Does anyone live within walking distance who might be able to hook me up with a parking space ( I will throw some money your way).

Weapon_R
04-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Sunridge mall for Peter Lougheed

mago0
04-28-2009, 10:47 AM
If you volunteer for the foothills, they give you a parking pass for free. Its usually only for the days you are volunteering, but I have no idea how they would check that. I volunteer at the foot for about 3-4 hours a week. So free parking for my practicum coming up, and a decent reference letter.

KuruptEX
04-28-2009, 10:53 AM
for foothills hospital theres a professional building down the street. also theres a strip mall on 16th a good 5 minute walk.

G-ZUS
04-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by KuruptEX
for foothills hospital theres a professional building down the street. also theres a strip mall on 16th a good 5 minute walk.

That professional building is a pay lot (IMPARK), when I worked at the Foothills they told us not to park at the lot as we might get ticketed or towed?

Trini
04-28-2009, 11:05 AM
the strip mall perhaps but I am not sure if they ticket regularly there.

but if you get a pass for one of the parking lots you'll be set.

nissanK
04-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Can you write off the parking as an expense to the company you're doing the praticum with? If so, maybe buy a monthly pass and submit the bill to them.

Peter Loughheed - Sunridge Mall
Foothills - Across 16th ave there's some 2hr residential parking Past Moos Miguires. Usually pretty safe.
Rockyview - None

mr2mike
04-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Wouldn't the practicum me for the CRHA? If so, I doubt they would fit the bill. It's all a part of the education expense. Possibly try to submit it with your tuiton on your taxes? I tried even for my UofC parking but it doesn't seem to fly with accountants.
If you submit your own, it might work or you could get audited.

benz_890
04-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by nissanK
Can you write off the parking as an expense to the company you're doing the praticum with? If so, maybe buy a monthly pass and submit the bill to them.

Peter Loughheed - Sunridge Mall
Foothills - Across 16th ave there's some 2hr residential parking Past Moos Miguires. Usually pretty safe.
Rockyview - None

It's a student thing not for a Company, it's actually considered a semester. Doesn't parking control check every 2 hours in the residential?

KuruptEX
04-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by benz_890

It's a student thing not for a Company, it's actually considered a semester. Doesn't parking control check every 2 hours in the residential?

theres 1 hr parking right behind a cross walk and its 1 hr parking when my baby girl was born my car was parked there for a good 6hrs no ticket didn't get towed did this for 3 days straight also there's a church up the street from the cross walk where i also parked but there's always a chance for parking police to come by and nab you (for foothills)

benz_890
05-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Too bad I didnt get any of the hospitals with malls around them. Im stuck with Alberta Childrens Hospital and Rockyview. Any suggestions

s dime
05-09-2009, 04:47 PM
The childrens hospital is close to Market Mall. 10 or 15 minute walk.