PDA

View Full Version : Center Console Crapped out on G35

Nav13
04-28-2009, 02:00 PM
K so my stereo crapped out first. It will play the cds but i cant change the track or anything from the center console. I can only use the stearing wheel controls to change the volume and the track. Now today the temperature setting wont work. it is stuck on 21.5 degrees. i cant turn change any of the fan setting. I took the battery terminal off and tried to reset it but no dice. Anyone know what this could be and where do i take it to get it fixed?

chkolny541
04-28-2009, 02:01 PM
well a dealership comes to mind as to where to take it, you have warranty?

brandon
04-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Nav13
K so my stereo crapped out first. It will play the cds but i cant change the track or anything from the center console. I can only use the stearing wheel controls to change the volume and the track. Now today the temperature setting wont work. it is stuck on 21.5 degrees. i cant turn change any of the fan setting. I took the battery terminal off and tried to reset it but no dice. Anyone know what this could be and where do i take it to get it fixed?

The Bose systems in the G35 are the most unreliable headunits ever made. They still haven't issued a recall for them but pretty much everyone craps out after a while.. it's around 3 hundred at the dealership for a new unit.

I am on my 2nd one now..

jjmac
04-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Mine is about to go I think, my buttons are coming loose and takes forever to change CD's.

But yea, the only thing that comes to mind is either take it back to Infiniti if still under warranty or get an after market one if not.

scat19
04-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Any other ground point that you should check? My bro had a huge problem in his car (grandprix gtp), all it was was a ground wire in the engine bay. I mean crazy problems. Horn would activate the wipers, headlights did the indicators, radio worked the hvac

DuPont
04-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Join the club -

Radio will not work... (http://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/250922-radio-will-not-come-ac-turns-itself-controlls-wont-work-no-display.html)
A/C won't turn off... (http://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/171896-c-wont-turn-off-radio-not-working.html)
No display, wierd behaviour... (http://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/212414-no-display-wierd-behavior-radio-ac.html)

I'm going aftermarket double DIN, with the JDM dash kit. I haven't seen the Metras kit in person, but the buttons look a little wacky in pictures. :dunno:

KGB
04-28-2009, 09:37 PM
happened to me too the cd changer would not work, crappy thing is i had to get it sent out to get it remanufactured took 2 weeks, bad thing is that i could not control the climate in the car because it all comes as a one unit radio/climate control. cost me about 450.00 been working fine for about a year and a half now.
Try Auto Temp Air and Sound (403) 287-2585 if you are out of warranty.

Nav13
04-29-2009, 12:49 PM
yea my warrenty is up. and first the deck went and it would come back and it still does.. so now when i see it come on i change the cds quickly which is a pain in the ass. Now the same thing is starting with the climate control it comes on and then shuts off. I think im just gonna get a double din dvd deck and replace the climate control. thanks for your help guys.