View Full Version : MH's Turbo 'Lude

2000impreza
08-17-2002, 04:06 PM
ManHunter don't you drive a turbo lude?

ManHunter
08-17-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
ManHunter don't you drive a turbo lude?

Yes, but no matter what turbo I put in there, it's gonna be hard to get a car that basically weight as much as a factory car plus 3 people in it before I get in to go really fast.

And the weight distribution is pretty much all screwed up now, which means I have to go with a completely custom made suspension if I want maximum traction on a FWD with 250 pounds in the trunk.

MH

buh_buh
08-18-2002, 12:37 PM
turbo lude hey.....
Would I have seen your car on the streets manhunter? What does your car look like?

ManHunter
08-18-2002, 06:22 PM
I'm in Edmonton. Pictures of my car in my sig. I haven't been in Calgary with the lude in ages...

MH

LUDELVR
08-18-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by ManHunter
I'm in Edmonton. Pictures of my car in my sig. I haven't been in Calgary with the lude in ages...

MH

what kit are you running?

ManHunter
08-18-2002, 11:27 PM
F-Max kit, with a Turbonetics Delta Mark II wastegate, hks bov and spearco intercooler. I just installed an AEM EMS to get this thing working right. I haven't had too much luck with the kit as it came.

We're getting way off topic here. :)

MH

D'z Nutz
08-18-2002, 11:33 PM

We're getting way off topic here. :)

Problem solved :)

gpomp
08-18-2002, 11:34 PM
Ooooooooo, San Marino Lude!!

buh_buh
08-19-2002, 12:07 AM
have you dynoed it yet? Run the 1/4 mile?

max_boost
08-19-2002, 02:21 AM
FMAX LUDE! SWEET!

So there are a few FI Ludes around

rage2
08-19-2002, 02:55 AM
Is the FMAX kit what chowey had? The one with the wacky MAP sensor mod and dual injector for fuel on boost setup?

LUDELVR
08-19-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Is the FMAX kit what chowey had? The one with the wacky MAP sensor mod and dual injector for fuel on boost setup?

that'd be the same messed up kit. I have just heard of way too many problems with that 2 extra injector setup. Most of the successful setups from fmax ludes have swapped out that hunk-o-junk and used either hondata or an fmu and fuel pump. Either way, I like their manifold and intercooler and plumbing :thumbsup:

redline
08-19-2002, 07:51 AM
A FMU setup does not work at all with a lude, it runs way too rich.

AEM EMS :thumbsup: what injectors are you running?

And what the hell is in the trunk that is 250lbs? Dude did leo's mom move to the chuck?

2000impreza
08-19-2002, 08:43 AM
he's got lots of stereo i think.... either way. manhunter, you have a very nice lude:thumbsup:

Loose
08-19-2002, 04:02 PM
Did you buy the car modded? I remember that tall white EZ guy driving it back in the day. Or is that you?

ecstasyracer
08-19-2002, 09:53 PM
I was at Millenium Auto Trends last night and they just finished installing the new Greddy turbo kit on a prelude. Looked really good. I think they said the owner was taking it to drag warz.

ManHunter
08-19-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Yep, that same kit. Well, not HIS kit, but another kit just like it. As Ludelvr said, everything around the turbo is junk. So I got rid of the two additional injectors, the crappy injector driver, The ridiculous boost retard knob, etc. I installed an AEM EMS instead with 550cc injectors. I am still in the process of learning the software (ridiculously complicated) and tuning that SOB.

Loose: I got the car new from the factory. I bought every mods myself. Don't talk to me about that tall white EZ guy. Derek. He's the one that blew up my engine trying to tune it. He obviously didn't have a clue what he was doing, but he forgot to mention that to me.

Here's pics explaining the 250 pounds in the trunk. They are not very good pictures, my digital camera is pretty cheap. The second picture is with the motorized rack out.

http://members.shaw.ca/epaquette/trunk1.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/epaquette/trunk2.jpg

MH

OMOYYC
08-19-2002, 10:47 PM
Nice Trunk! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Do you go to any sound offs?

BTW, why do you need so many wafer fuses?

RiceCake
08-20-2002, 10:21 AM
Sweet Lude:thumbsup: props! :bigpimp:

LUDELVR
08-20-2002, 10:21 AM
Nice setup man!:thumbsup: So what turbo are you running then? have you had problems boosting ? I'm just asking this becuase my lude will not produce more than 3 psi. Kinda frustrating, I even went so far as to bypass the intercooler and still, only 3 psi. Any thoughts?

ManHunter
08-20-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Cwave
Nice Trunk! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Do you go to any sound offs?

BTW, why do you need so many wafer fuses?

Yeah, the car finished in 5th place at the IASCA World Championships 2000 in Oklahoma City.

If you wanna see crazy rides, go to the next IASCA worlds. Crazy crazy stuff there.

Fuses mostly for show. :)

Nice setup man! So what turbo are you running then? have you had problems boosting ? I'm just asking this becuase my lude will not produce more than 3 psi. Kinda frustrating, I even went so far as to bypass the intercooler and still, only 3 psi. Any thoughts?

The FMax kit comes with a T3/T4 turbo. What kit do you have? Maybe you have a problem with your wastegate?

I heard the Greddy kit gives you only 50-60 more HP. They wanted to be safe I guess. But 50hp on 200hp is only 25% more. I believe most turbo kits are in the 40% range usually.

MH

LUDELVR
08-20-2002, 10:55 AM
who is doing your installs? A place in edmonton?

Redlyne_mr2
08-20-2002, 11:00 AM
saw your car at the last battle of the imports..really really nice ride dude..look forward to seeign it again ..you going next weekend?

ManHunter
08-20-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
who is doing your installs? A place in edmonton?

My friend Jeff did the sound system install over the winter. It took 5 months, at 40hr/week. He knows his shit.

saw your car at the last battle of the imports..really really nice ride dude..look forward to seeign it again ..you going next weekend?

Yeah, I'll be there. Hopefully it won't rain. I would have been at Draw Warz too if it stayed in Red Reed, it looks like it will be a really cool show. But Fort McLeod is too far... :(

MH

choweyt3t4
08-21-2002, 01:09 PM

Yep, that same kit. Well, not HIS kit, but another kit just like it. As Ludelvr said, everything around the turbo is junk. So I got rid of the two additional injectors, the crappy injector driver, The ridiculous boost retard knob, etc. I installed an AEM EMS instead with 550cc injectors. I am still in the process of learning the software (ridiculously complicated) and tuning that SOB.

Loose: I got the car new from the factory. I bought every mods myself. Don't talk to me about that tall white EZ guy. Derek. He's the one that blew up my engine trying to tune it. He obviously didn't have a clue what he was doing, but he forgot to mention that to me.

Here's pics explaining the 250 pounds in the trunk. They are not very good pictures, my digital camera is pretty cheap. The second picture is with the motorized rack out.

http://members.shaw.ca/epaquette/trunk1.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/epaquette/trunk2.jpg

MH tuning will be a breeze man with the aem,and its a good thing you got injectors,i didnt have enough money at the time.but have you got you car to idle properly? also have you set the warm up table?if you have any questions about these things i can probably help you out,i was the ems as well so.but dont ask me anything about getting your car to run down the quarter in 13 secs ok that should be left to the pros or rage2 trust me on this.

ManHunter
08-21-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by choweyt3t4
tuning will be a breeze man with the aem,and its a good thing you got injectors,i didnt have enough money at the time.but have you got you car to idle properly? also have you set the warm up table?if you have any questions about these things i can probably help you out,i was the ems as well so.but dont ask me anything about getting your car to run down the quarter in 13 secs ok that should be left to the pros or rage2 trust me on this.

Hey, thanks for the help offer, man! I'm pretty sure I'll need some help. :)

Yes, the car idles pretty good, but too rich. What's a good AFR for idle? Cranking time is still too long.

MH

choweyt3t4
08-21-2002, 08:22 PM

Hey, thanks for the help offer, man! I'm pretty sure I'll need some help. :)

Yes, the car idles pretty good, but too rich. What's a good AFR for idle? Cranking time is still too long.

MH its usually good idle a/f is around 14.1 to even 15 from what i,ve heard but im sure there will be some one who will disagree with this,anyways just go into your fuel table when you have the ems online and adjust the table at idle from there.as for start up,i still havent mastered that one - yet.my car usually cranks 5 to 7 times before it fires up.what map are you using?ive heard of some problems with getting the car to idle properly with bigger injectors,how the hell did you pull it off man?anyways when i get my injectors i'll be asking you for some help on idle goodluck and peace:thumbsup:

DSM Power
08-22-2002, 05:41 PM
I installed an AEM EMS instead with 550cc injectors. I am still in the process of learning the software (ridiculously complicated) and tuning that SOB.
Nice work! :D

sml
08-24-2002, 01:11 AM
WOOOH!!! I like!!! :drool: :thumbsup: :drool: