PDA

View Full Version : LF: general labour job

CMW403
04-28-2009, 04:12 PM
i need a job for the summer, as i am attending Mt Royal next year. i want to apply to all the construction companies i can, but i don't think all of them are active right now during this recession. does anyone know of a resource that would tell me which companies are active so that i can call them?

it doesn't have to be a construction company either, if you're a contractor or know a contractor who needs help please let me know. im 17 years old and in top shape, willing to put in hard hours.

thanks guys

leftwing
04-28-2009, 10:49 PM
good luck. that is all ill say.

Graham_A_M
04-28-2009, 11:30 PM
any landscaping experience?

CMW403
04-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
any landscaping experience?

no landscaping experience, but i learn quickly

hattonlynch
04-29-2009, 10:56 AM
it's simply crazy the difference between this year and last year for work. I'm a young guy too (20) and I'm honestly used to just sending out a quick resume to a couple companies and receiving calls back or I call them and an interview would be set up quickly. This year I've probably sent out 30-40 resumes with calls back for about 50% of them and no calls back.

Good luck brah, just make up a nice resume (include any landscaping/construction experience you have) and hope for the best. If not, BK in coventry is hiring, lol