PDA

View Full Version : early morning lifting-eating before or after

tunasandwich
04-28-2009, 09:27 PM
So im sick and tired of waiting in line for weights at my gym, and it seems the only good times to go are when im at work, or later when im tired and dont want to work out. So needless to say, im going to start lifting weights first thing in the morning. Im going to be going at 530 and probably getting up at 500. Ive been reading alot but everything seems to solely apply to just Cardio in the morning. Should I eat before? Seems 50/50 weather to eat before, but I was thinking I was going to eat either a , peice of toast and half banana before I go. Or a small bowl of Bran and half a banana. Of course after im done the workout I am going to be eating a bit more to level it off, but what do you think I should include for that first half of the breakfast? Or should I even have a "half" breakfast before I go out Lifting? Keep in mind this is just towards lifting, running I have my own routine. Thanks guys.

Ebon
04-28-2009, 09:36 PM
What are your goals?

I don't have any personal experience with early morning workouts, but logically i would say having the carbs like your considering would be a good idea or else you not gonna have any energy to lift.

Definitely eat something.

tunasandwich
04-28-2009, 09:46 PM
well ive been keeping the carbs really low as I am trying to burn excess fat throughout my body. I want to just keep the carbs strictly for the muscle usage, then go back to my low carb agenda throughout the day.

I guess I got another question while were talking about this, Do the carbs I eat before a workout go strictly to the areas I am working, or can they just be going towards being stored?

theken
04-28-2009, 09:56 PM
never workout before eating IMO, you need the carbs and protein before you workout and after.

The carbs you eat will not be stored if you eat enough, if you dont eat enough your body stores everything, if you workout hard and eat enough you will lose weight.

roopi
04-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Definately eat. Even if it's just a shake (not just whey).

buh_buh
04-28-2009, 11:26 PM
definitely eat. Before and after.

Darkane
04-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by theken

The carbs you eat will not be stored if you eat enough, if you dont eat enough your body stores everything, if you workout hard and eat enough you will lose weight.

So Basically, the more carbs you eat the more they'll be used as glycogen? Am I lost here?

Over eating carbs will be stored as excess. If you're not insulin sensitive, the energy will go towards fat. If you are sensitive via working out, then yes the carbs will want to be shuttled to the muscles as opposed to fat. Any excess or overload of carbs will still be used as fat.

Eat before the gym. Trust me when I say this - Drinking egg whites out of the carton is your best bet lol.

Buy the one's from superstore - 2 bucks, 500ml and drink it.

That's 50g of protein. With that either eat a Banana, or just have a tablespoon of olive oil.

You're golden! Post workout have a whey shake with some Sugars.

FYI, Egg whites don't really taste like anything. I drink them all the time.