PDA

View Full Version : 2002 neon r/t downed!!! lol

ecstasy_civic
08-19-2002, 01:28 AM
hey if anybody knows a guy who might live in arbour lake and has a white neon r/t someone msg me. im sitting at a light on country hills and hear this whiny little rev and this guys nodding at me so im like ok i wasnt sure if i was gonna beat him due too the newer car and 25 more horse, anyways right off the line i had him. I heard him chirp to 3rd gear. i ended up having at least 5 cars when a truck pulled out in front of me. id like to race him again.

CRXguy
08-19-2002, 09:32 AM
I thought they'd be a little faster. I raced one a while back, and we were even through the first 2 gears, and I slowly pulled on him in 3rd and 4th up to 160. Must've been close to 2 cars when I let off.

RCBVtec
08-19-2002, 09:44 AM
I think those R/Ts only have like 150HP...

2000impreza
08-19-2002, 09:56 AM
neon rt's are actually pretty fast. with a good driver it should take a civic si no problem...

RCBVtec
08-19-2002, 10:06 AM
yeah but I wouldn't consider that fast.... ;)

speedracer
08-19-2002, 10:50 AM
No doubt it's driver skills :thumbsup:. The 200x R/T is quite capable in out running a Civic.

ecstasy_civic
08-19-2002, 10:51 AM
ya there 150 hp but they run a low 16 i think 0-60 7.6 1/4 mile 16.2 if im not mistaken. ya i thought it would be alot faster too:( oh well

Blue Devil
08-19-2002, 11:08 AM
that's pretty cool but you should race another r/t and see what happens! I also thought the r/t was quicker than that, driving skills must have been a factor.

speedracer
08-19-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
ya there 150 hp but they run a low 16 i think 0-60 7.6 1/4 mile 16.2 if im not mistaken. ya i thought it would be alot faster too:( oh well

Well, the R/T that I've seen a few times @ SS is odd. He's taken out the cat or disconnected the O2 sensor so the ECU is running in limp mode but he swears that it's SOOOO much faster (maybe he likes the red CEL light) :nut: :confused:

RCBVtec
08-19-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by speedracer

Well, the R/T that I've seen a few times @ SS is odd. He's taken out the cat or disconnected the O2 sensor so the ECU is running in limp mode but he swears that it's SOOOO much faster (maybe he likes the red CEL light) :nut: :confused:

Is it red?? There is a guy that drives a red one around the Sundance/Shawnessy area that thinks he is driving a ferrari or something...

speedracer
08-19-2002, 11:23 AM
Yup, it's a Red 2nd Gen R/T

ecstasy_civic
08-20-2002, 06:41 PM
id love to race another one,if anybody has one on here not to modified let me know, also there closely comparable to a sunfire gt or z24. and ive beat both of thsoe new ones, my brother in law has a turbo z24 its fuckin crazy
its teal and looks bone stock he even got a stock looking muffler

mikeR/T
05-04-2003, 05:00 PM
hey im the new guy here, i have a 2002 neon R/T black the only thing i have do is the airintake. i'm waiting for the srt-4.

tegdream
05-04-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by RCBVtec

Is it red?? There is a guy that drives a red one around the Sundance/Shawnessy area that thinks he is driving a ferrari or something...

uh i know..hahah i seen that guy around my community too :rolleyes:

nismodrifter
05-04-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by RCBVtec

ahaha yeah...I remember seeing this guy with his car when he first got it a few years ago. I swear, the kid was driving around the neighborhood non stop for like 6 months. While I was working at husky in sundance I would see him go by at least 10-15x a day at like 100km/h every time......and at night time that neon purple license plate just adds to the look of his tight whip:D

ZorroAMG
05-04-2003, 05:47 PM
LOL Tight Whip!!

88CRX
05-04-2003, 09:30 PM
There is a guy that drives a red one around the Sundance/Shawnessy area that thinks he is driving a ferrari or something...

I have had 4 runins with this stupid ass kid. First two consisted of him riding my ass down sunmills in a playground zone at 3:00, next he reved at a light (when i was driving my dads sundance and the last one he blew by me on sunmills doing atleast 100. Oh ya Sunmills drive is a residential street, one lane each way with cars parked on both sides. He blew by me, cutting me off nearly hiting a parker car.

:guns: :guns: guy in red rt neon

ecstasy_civic
05-04-2003, 11:31 PM
holy shit talk about digging up old posts. its like one of my firsts lol.

ya i might be into something. depends on if the car goes in the next week or two.:thumbsup:

AutodreamMarvin
05-04-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

I have had 4 runins with this stupid ass kid. First two consisted of him riding my ass down sunmills in a playground zone at 3:00, next he reved at a light (when i was driving my dads sundance and the last one he blew by me on sunmills doing atleast 100. Oh ya Sunmills drive is a residential street, one lane each way with cars parked on both sides. He blew by me, cutting me off nearly hiting a parker car.

:guns: :guns: guy in red rt neon

is this guy some blonde kid? if he is, that retard pulls out onto the street while i'm driving through. then he STOPS because i'm headed straight for him :banghead: i honk, and he has the audacity to give me the finger! :guns: so i pull a u-turn and get behind him, get out of my car, and he pulls in the other lane and takes off! so i chase after him he's going over 110+ on a 60 zone almost losing control on a turn. And here i am pushing 70hp with no tach for all it's worth hitting 80(haha) and just shutting it down. :banghead: :banghead:
ugh, kids these days. no respect.

nismodrifter
05-05-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
LOL Tight Whip!!

eheehehee....

We roll tight whips, everyday
Bentley, Lex, Mercedes, and Escalades
We roll tight whips, everyday
Hustlin to make a paper, but that's ok