PDA

View Full Version : Repeat workouts over and over?

Dumbass17
04-29-2009, 10:11 PM
alright, not sure where or how to ask this really but i'll give it a shot...

ok so pretend i'm working out arms today.
lets say i do exercises A,B,C,D,E in that order.
now next time i do arms, would you guys recommend doing A,B,C,D,E again?
or would you do something like C,E,A,D,B? (same exercises,, random order).
OR would you do something like F,D,H,I,A? (same & new exercises, random order)

right now i have been doing the third idea. i'd work arms but do different exercises everytime it's arms day.

comments? :dunno:

roopi
04-29-2009, 10:29 PM
I normally use the same routine but then change it after about 4 weeks. Not just the order but change some of the exercises in the routine.

TurboD
04-29-2009, 10:44 PM
i don't think there is any way to "prove" that something works.

different people will tell you different things, they will tell you what works for them, or what they believe works for them.

i don't think you will see massive gains if you do your workout in a different order every day, but i would say this is better than the same exact workout every day.

makes logical sense to me to keep the muscles guessing.

personally, i don't think ive ever done the exact same workout as any other time ive been in the gym, every time its different. for me personally i try to avoid any gym routine that could put me in a comfort zone that is sometimes hard to break, i gotta keep it fresh.

but you should also note that my advice is to be taken lightly, if you seen my body size in real life you probably wouldn't take gym advice from me.

Darkane
04-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Take option 4 and take out the arms day.

I'm just guessing, but are you asking because of your undesirable progress? Or no progress at all?

Take option 4 and do compound movements.

I dare you to find me someone who can do 12 CLEAN pull-ups from a dead hang with small arms.

pinoyhero
04-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Switch it up and yes ... skip arms day, waste of time.

Dumbass17
05-01-2009, 05:25 PM
i won't skip arms day because i have a weak back/shoulders day workout due to a messed up shoulder so i can't do much with it.

I feel I have to compensate with more bicep/tricep exercises.