PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Zaino wax?

corsvette
04-29-2009, 11:44 PM
www.zainostore.com
Looks like it gets great results,anyone here try it?My Corvette is black and i want to buy a good wax for it,any sugestions?

Neil4Speed
04-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Zaino is a great product very well regarded by many detailing gurus. I would love to use it, but its kind of expensive and a pain to get locally.

Apparently its a little hard to use but the results are stunning. Black corvette your probably in for a treat if used properly.

bigbadboss101
04-30-2009, 08:30 AM
I used Zaino before on my blue and black cars. Pretty easy to apply, smell good, and very nice shine. Back then they had the Z1, Z2, Z5 etc. I think they have an AIO but not sure if the results are as good.

Many enthusiasts love their waxes and wash.

Neil4Speed
04-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Oh yeah, do a search.

The_Rural_Juror
04-30-2009, 09:26 AM
In case you are still looking to order. The Zaino Z1 and Z3 are on clearance at eshine.

http://www.eshine.ca/products.php?cat=80

Wraith
04-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Davenport Motorsports apparently carries Zaino, give them a call.

corsvette
05-09-2009, 09:41 AM
phoned Davenport,the guy there had never even heard of it,kinda a jerk anyway,so i ordered a complete "showcar"kit from the Zaino store,i will let you guys know how it worked,a Cat with dirty feet snuck in the shop one night and everywhere he walked on the corvette he left scratches,and where he slid off the hood to get down,so i hope their swirl/scratch remover works good!

schocker
05-09-2009, 09:45 AM
BMW also carries some zaino products, was at crowfoot yesterday and saw a few by their bmw collection stuff.

Neil4Speed
05-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by corsvette
phoned Davenport,the guy there had never even heard of it,kinda a jerk anyway,so i ordered a complete "showcar"kit from the Zaino store,i will let you guys know how it worked,a Cat with dirty feet snuck in the shop one night and everywhere he walked on the corvette he left scratches,and where he slid off the hood to get down,so i hope their swirl/scratch remover works good!

Strange, I picked up my zaino from there last year.

Good luck with you scratch removal.

Drsuce
05-15-2009, 02:49 PM
corvette clearcoat is notoriously very very hard, in most cases a rotary polisher will be needed for any major paint correction work... PM me if you need any help!

corsvette
05-21-2009, 12:41 PM
QUOTE:corvette clearcoat is notoriously very very hard, in most cases a rotary polisher will be needed for any major paint correction work... PM me if you need any help!

I just got the Zaino shipment today,i will give it a try,i have heard polishing a vette if you are not experienced can turn into a disaster,i will leave my polishers sit and pm you if the Zaino does not work.Thanks!

vtec96
05-25-2009, 01:02 PM
I ordered my kit from Zaino, too!
I heard lots of good things about Zaino~
Can't wait to try it out!

corsvette
05-26-2009, 11:47 PM
First try tonight,started with the clay bar,then the polish,final clearcoat polish,and finished with the spray detailer,the end result was simply awesome!The paint is like a mirror,it removed 90% of the pesky swirl marks my car had (they were mostly on the huge hood) highly recomended for anyone with a black car,i will try it out on my white truck as well.Great product with awesome results.

vtec96
05-27-2009, 01:51 PM
First try tonight,started with the clay bar,then the polish,final clearcoat polish,and finished with the spray detailer,the end result was simply awesome!The paint is like a mirror,it removed 90% of the pesky swirl marks my car had (they were mostly on the huge hood) highly recomended for anyone with a black car,i will try it out on my white truck as well.Great product with awesome results.

nice! any pics?
Can't wait for my Zaino kit :)

Drsuce
05-27-2009, 02:56 PM
lets see some sun shots!

KKY
05-27-2009, 03:10 PM
First try tonight,started with the clay bar,then the polish,final clearcoat polish,and finished with the spray detailer,the end result was simply awesome!The paint is like a mirror,it removed 90% of the pesky swirl marks my car had (they were mostly on the huge hood) highly recomended for anyone with a black car,i will try it out on my white truck as well.Great product with awesome results. Which of their products did you use?

CokerRat
05-27-2009, 08:01 PM
I used Zaino a few years back on a red NSX with great results. It's easy to overapply it...use small doses.

corsvette
05-27-2009, 11:16 PM
I bought the show car kit,it came with a wash liquid,two clay bars,zfx cure accelerator,z-5 pro swirl/scratch remover,z-2 clearcoat polish,and z-6 gloss enhancer.I will be posting a pic soon,it realy is that good!

KKY
05-28-2009, 09:43 AM
I bought the show car kit,it came with a wash liquid,two clay bars,zfx cure accelerator,z-5 pro swirl/scratch remover,z-2 clearcoat polish,and z-6 gloss enhancer.I will be posting a pic soon,it realy is that good!
Good stuff. You probably weren't "removing" the swirls with these though. z5 is good at filling the swirls temporarily so you can't see them. The swirls will come back when the stuff wears off. But zaino products should be durable enough that you won't have to worry about seeing the old swirl for a while.