PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere!?!? Anyone else go tonight?

ekguy
04-30-2009, 12:32 AM
Had the good fortune of being able to see him live tonight. Incredible show.

Anyone else on here have the chance to go tonight? It was sold out so I'm sure some beyonder's were there tonight.

ghust
04-30-2009, 01:58 PM
the show was great!
do you remember the name of the second guy that opened? the one with the hat and the stupid moustaches from halifax..

03ozwhip
04-30-2009, 02:00 PM
he was here???!!!?! dammit, i wish i knew!

nonlinear
04-30-2009, 03:47 PM
i saw both the edmonton and calgary shows (see my earlier thread http://forums.beyond.ca/st/262279/atmosphere-w-josh-martinez-and-attracted-to-gods/). i was on the guest list so didn't have to worry about tickets for either show :bigpimp:

must say that the calgary show was way better, both sound- and performance-wise. in edm it was at the starlite room, which was too small and oddly-shaped for atmosphere's sound gear - so everything was way too loud and yet you couldn't hear shit :nut:

as for that other rapper guy you are wondering about, his name is Josh Martinez, a classic (i.e. old and important) in the canadian underground rap scene since the late 90s. check out his earlier shit.

godlovesugly
04-30-2009, 09:49 PM
i've been to every atmosphere show they have put on in Calgary, and that one last night was right up there as their best performance in town. High energy from performers and crowd alike :thumbsup: the sound was good and there was no real security hassling people.

what a fucking treat to see josh martinez take the stage. he is a legend.

also had the pleasure of meeting both slug and ant, and both are great guys.

ekguy
04-30-2009, 11:02 PM
Well security had to ask me and my gf to put out our spliffs about 5 times last night. We still managed to get em smoked throughout the entire show. Atmosphere was amazing. Just started listening to him a couple months ago but my gf has been for a long time so it was her birthday gift. We had a blast. If we could just get Classified out here I'd be happy.

brucebanner
04-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
If we could just get Classified out here I'd be happy.

Classified has been in Calgary a few times, I know I've seen him once if not a few times in Calgary.

NoSup4U
05-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Well security had to ask me and my gf to put out our spliffs about 5 times last night. We still managed to get em smoked throughout the entire show. Atmosphere was amazing. Just started listening to him a couple months ago but my gf has been for a long time so it was her birthday gift. We had a blast. If we could just get Classified out here I'd be happy.

Classified was at/is at Whiskey tonight......

ekguy
05-01-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by NoSup4U

Classified was at/is at Whiskey tonight......

Wow can't believe I missed this...Oh well next time. Didn't have money to enjoy it properly anyways.

em2ab
05-01-2009, 08:47 AM
If we could just get Classified out here I'd be happy.
Ha, I kind of laughed when I read this. I'm guessing this is the real reason that Martinez was in town since they're both Halifax boys but not sure though.

The show was amazing, I was only a few people back from the stage but I can't even count the number of kids I saw what looked to be their first smoke of anything in their lives.

My friend has been to every Atmosphere concert in Calgary in the last few years and one of the funniest things that happened was when Slug started talking about how they're usually in the Ballroom upstairs and have never played on the main level before.
Slug: Wow, we're usually upstairs right? We've never played down here before on the main level.
Crowd: YAAAAA! WOOOOO!
My friend: NOOOOOOOO!
Slug: I can hear the crowd saying yes and one guy saying no.
My friend: THAT'S BECAUSE YOU WERE HERE!

It was hilarious, Atmosphere played in that same room in 2005 and didn't even remember. Great show though, I really liked it. Better than the Snoop concert I was at, more of a connected hip hop feel to it.