PDA

View Full Version : LF: someone to change my driver/passenger windows

crx/gsr
04-30-2009, 01:24 AM
Just looking for someone to change my passenger and driver front windows. The windows are still intact and are being changed because of some scratches. Anyone know someone that can do it or of a place I can go to that will do it? Thanks!

Oh its a 97 eclipse by the way.

Moezer
04-30-2009, 02:15 AM
dude its easy, take the door panels out and rip that plastic cover that covers the door from the inside and then unscrew the bolts that are holding the window and then lower the window and pull it out :clap:

ercchry
04-30-2009, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Moezer
dude its easy, take the door panels out and rip that plastic cover that covers the door from the inside and then unscrew the bolts that are holding the window and then lower the window and pull it out :clap:

then once you remove it SNAP! no more fingers! haha almost lost my pinky doing this once... dunno if the eclipse windows have the same mechanisms as that window... but damn that was scary

Moezer
04-30-2009, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

then once you remove it SNAP! no more fingers! haha almost lost my pinky doing this once... dunno if the eclipse windows have the same mechanisms as that window... but damn that was scary
what u mean snap? like the window breaking or something. Thats how i took out my windows to tint them, not the best tint but hey it was free!!!

anschutz_92
04-30-2009, 02:22 AM

Yep, it will fall down once you remove all the bolts. It's a PITA but now where near as bad as changing the power locks (which fail ALL THE TIME on the 2G's).

ercchry
04-30-2009, 02:26 AM
what i mean is the window i was removing had spring loaded pieces of metal that were like a pair of scissors and when the bolts came out they snapped together and my finger was in between the two pieces

Moezer
04-30-2009, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by anschutz_92

Yep, it will fall down once you remove all the bolts. It's a PITA but now where near as bad as changing the power locks (which fail ALL THE TIME on the 2G's).

ummm:nut: get those sucktion cups and hold the window up "im guessing a helping hand" and there fore nothing will snap :dunno:

Moezer
04-30-2009, 02:30 AM
what i mean is the window i was removing had spring loaded pieces of metal that were like a pair of scissors and when the bolts came out they snapped together and my finger was in between the two pieces

wahhhhhh lol ok then this window is not the same as the ones iv helped work on, or the one on my car. :banghead: sorry im no help on this one, oh well i tryed

but i have seen the ones ur talking about orcchry but never worked with one

ercchry
04-30-2009, 02:32 AM
yeah i have no idea what an eclipse window is like but after that experience i would rather not take the gamble on it haha... leave it to the people that have done it before

crx/gsr
04-30-2009, 06:24 PM
ya i'd just rather pay someone to do it than risk breaking something myself. at the same time the windows need to be adjusted on the rail slightly on the driver side. i dont think id have an easy time doing it.

anyone????

crx/gsr
05-01-2009, 01:44 PM
case of beer? some money? a couple hours of spare time haha....