PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a great place to go for pastry's?

reborn_euro
04-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Anyone know a great place were you can go that has a large assortment of dessert pastries? Let me know thanks.

Sapo
04-30-2009, 09:35 AM
German bakery in Bridgeland, 1 Ave./8 Str. NE.
best bread in town!

logix
04-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Nectar in Inglewood has awesome desserts :drool:

drtoohotty1
04-30-2009, 03:34 PM
glamorgan bakery.....my hands down favorite

sdiep
04-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
glamorgan bakery.....my hands down favorite

Oh man, cheese bread = good stuff.

twodoor
05-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Bliss & Co. Cupcakes and Desserts is downstairs at 108 - 3rd Ave. SW, just a bit west off of Center St. on the North side of 3rd Avenue. They have mini and regular size cupcakes daily, and also do cakes and fruit pies as well. They make full size fruit and cream pies and cakes to order, and also regularly make a variety of smaller sized ones perfect for 1 or 2 people.

We've found the cupcakes to be better than Crave, as the cake is flavored too and not just the icing. We've had a mango peach pie, and also had a chocolate cake with a caramel mousse between the layers. Both were great! They had a flourless chocolate cake waiting to be picked up the other day when I was in, so there's still other things on the menu waiting to be tried.

I don't think they have a website up yet, but there is a pretty extensive thread about them on Chowhound.

blueToy
05-08-2009, 08:42 AM
Franca's , in the little strip mall off of Edmonton Trail besides Nicastros . They make the real stuff , and awesome sandwiches too .
Also , City Bakery(?) in Bridgeland , although , they've dropped a few notches in the last few years .
Another place to go would be the bakery beside the chocoletier on Macleod Trail , Bernard C.'s .
Effiel Bakery on 17th.ave sw , and last but not least , at the Currie Barricks farmers market is a place right in the middle by the flower people , that have very good stuff , but very expensive .

ekguy
05-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by logix
Nectar in Inglewood has awesome desserts :drool:

I second this right here. But it's damned expensive there though. But definitely worth the price. Hopefully they don't let quality go down with price going up at this place though. Because at the moment it's pretty much just worth what you pay for but if they let quality slide a bit it'll be much too expensive for what you get.

xolemonteaox
05-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Amandine Bakery is pretty good, i've been going there for years

3, 2610 Centre St NE
Calgary, AB T2E2V4
(403) 276-3532

swak
05-11-2009, 01:24 AM
I'll second that, amandine is amazing...

But, also theres a place on the 2nd floor of art central that is supposed to be rad.
Specialty coffee and 'high class' pastries.

ExtraSlow
05-12-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't often buy desert, but Amandine is fantastic.

al-ti2d
05-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by xolemonteaox
Amandine Bakery is pretty good, i've been going there for years

3, 2610 Centre St NE
Calgary, AB T2E2V4
(403) 276-3532

+1 :werd:
my best friend's father owns Amandine.. his cakes are simply amazing and creative (and i have never even been a big fan of cakes all my life)

xolemonteaox
05-17-2009, 09:03 PM
I had a really good cake at my grandmummie's this one time..my cousin bought it. but it was like super expensive, i can't remember what that place is called, but she said there one on barlow and one on 17th

i've been trying to look for it, but no luck, the ones i've tried aren't that great like

have anyone tried the tried the chocolate bar on 17th lately?
wanna know if it's any good now, cause thhe late time i went, their service and chocolate were horrible =T

Qeeb
05-23-2009, 02:01 AM
My mom would always bring home leftover pastries from her meetings...creamcheese filled danishes from a pastry store in TD that used to be called La Baguette....delicious

miss those days:cry: