PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Dealership... Fun

Prolifique
04-30-2009, 01:46 PM
So a long story short, I found the dealership through here and to my mistake I made the best of it thinking they are honest, reliable and foremost promising. I trusted them which was my fault I guess.. so I contact his son who's on this site. He's very kind probably the better part of the dealership. I wanted a g35 and we went left and right trying to find one, once we did everything started getting very crazy.. once I got the vehicle I paid 13g's down and WAS TOLD that through financing it\ll be 26000 in total. Everyone told me the same thing which is funny how the same people who did my transactions from both sides (Suzuki) and (Stampede leasing) were no longer employed. anyways so I was told all this and now I look at my payments and they don't seem to add up nor what they said. I speak to David not even about this but about how they told me they will TINT my windows. I called him today and now he's denying it. He said to me he will do it for me or "look into" it. It's been almost a year half and he's still not doing anything.

As well when I got my car I told them I wanted winter tires on them since it was near winter when I got my ride. So David says OK. I don't look at them I drive away again my mistake. sure Enough they are Z-Rated tires for non-winter seasons. That was fun I almost got killed sliding around. anyways I change them 1500 later. So In all I feel like I been not only wasting my time in all of this and being patient. I didn't even get anything I was told by them except for my vehicle. I'm to my ends meet on this situation and almost want to return my ride and get my deposit and call it a day, more like Hell. I mean do what your saying you will do, but that's in a perfect fucking world who does that anymore I guess... anyways I am going to get handwritten statements of everything from now on and signed. Liking it or not. DAMN.,

GQBalla
04-30-2009, 01:48 PM
what?

urban.one
04-30-2009, 01:50 PM
How long ago did you make the deal? 6months plus?

Strange... youre not an 09. Buyer beware... get every promise in writing (negotiated price, any extra fees, any extra add ons like tires and tint to be included, financing, and a time frame for everything to be provided.)

Sounds typical for any used car dealership.

Originally posted by Prolifique
So a long story short, I found the dealership through here and to my mistake I made the best of it thinking they are honest, reliable and foremost promising. I trusted them which was my fault I guess.. so I contact his son who's on this site. He's very kind probably the better part of the dealership. I wanted a g35 and we went left and right trying to find one, once we did everything started getting very crazy.. once I got the vehicle I paid 13g's down and WAS TOLD that through financing it\ll be 26000 in total. Everyone told me the same thing which is funny how the same people who did my transactions from both sides (Suzuki) and (Stampede leasing) were no longer employed. anyways so I was told all this and now I look at my payments and they don't seem to add up nor what they said. I speak to David not even about this but about how they told me they will TINT my windows. I called him today and now he's denying it. He said to me he will do it for me or "look into" it. It's been almost a year half and he's still not doing anything.

As well when I got my car I told them I wanted winter tires on them since it was near winter when I got my ride. So David says OK. I don't look at them I drive away again my mistake. sure Enough they are Z-Rated tires for non-winter seasons. That was fun I almost got killed sliding around. anyways I change them 1500 later. So In all I feel like I been not only wasting my time in all of this and being patient. I didn't even get anything I was told by them except for my vehicle. I'm to my ends meet on this situation and almost want to return my ride and get my deposit and call it a day, more like Hell. I mean do what your saying you will do, but that's in a perfect fucking world who does that anymore I guess... anyways I am going to get handwritten statements of everything from now on and signed. Liking it or not. DAMN.,

Prolifique
04-30-2009, 01:52 PM
It's alot of shit they did to me and I'm just speaking my mind about it because I need people to know about my situation and what can happen to them as well.

I\m ranting like a bitch off to them because they deserve it. Mind my punctuation and grammar

Clever
04-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Is this another SDS thread?

Prolifique
04-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Pretty much I thought they are reputable here on this site so I thought they would help out instead of cause all this shit. It\s simple to they make a promise they should stick to it.

GQBalla
04-30-2009, 01:56 PM
ugh oh - SDS

Redlyne_mr2
04-30-2009, 02:00 PM
There is 2 sides to every story. Because of everything going on with the deal it sounds like there was some serious misunderstandings going on, maybe on both sides of the fence.

Clever
04-30-2009, 02:08 PM
I do not completely understand how you got screwed over, basically the tinting and the tires? What happened with the financing? I'm just trying to fully comprehend your original post. If you do not have anything in writing with regards to the tint and tires you are pretty much SOL.

Who the hell is David?:nut:

berbatov
04-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Deal with reputable dealers. I recommend Jeff at Lexus, for example.

Record conversations with car dealers. Inform them of the fact, so it can be admissible in court.

If salesman promise anything and is on tape, the dealership has to honor that commitment.
If salesman went beyond their attributions, the ywill be liable for the promise.

Good luck in the future !

bigboom
04-30-2009, 02:31 PM
simple lesson learned. never deal with south deerfoot suzuki, i dealt with them once and i will never buy another vehicle or do business with david baker again (the owner)

Jlude
04-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
There is 2 sides to every story. Because of everything going on with the deal it sounds like there was some serious misunderstandings going on, maybe on both sides of the fence.

True, but you're not likely going to hear the other side of the story.

nbaker00
04-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Here is an email to my customer dated November 13th, 2008 stating that I can get him our cost on tint and 3M but we won't give it to him for free.
Not only that, but I personally power polished his car myself at no charge!

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr237/southdeerfootsuzuki/tintemail.jpg

As for the tires, I do recall him asking about them. He knew they were Z-rated when he took the car. We told him if he wished to order winters, we would do it and charge him our cost, not retail.

Aleks
04-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Everything should be in writing. By the time you're ready to sign the contract you should know exactly how much your monthly payments should be to the nearest penny BEFORE the dealer tells you what they came up with...

I've helped many coworkers buy cars and it's amazing how little people know about this process or how little time they are willing to put into research ahead of time.

anschutz_92
04-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by nbaker00

Oh snap, turns out the OP doesn't understand car buying.

-1: trying to drag SDS through the mud because it's the cool thing to do.

berbatov
04-30-2009, 02:55 PM
In this case, the salesman is in the right. Good for you to keep the conversations logged. Dealership is in the right

Jlude
04-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

True, but you're not likely going to hear the other side of the story.

I stand corrected.

nj2Type-S
04-30-2009, 02:57 PM
sooooo after all the :thumbsup: SDS initially received, all they're getting are :thumbsdow ...did they just change the way they do business all of the sudden??

Clever
04-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by nbaker00
Here is an email to my customer dated November 13th, 2008 stating that I can get him our cost on tint and 3M but we won't give it to him for free.
Not only that, but I personally power polished his car myself at no charge!

As for the tires, I do recall him asking about them. He knew they were Z-rated when he took the car. We told him if he wished to order winters, we would do it and charge him our cost, not retail.

Well that explains tires and tint, the best I can get out of Big 4 when I bought a vehicle from them was 3 free oil changes:rofl: this is beginning to sound more like buyers remorse.:dunno:

GQBalla
04-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Looks like SDS is in the right.

ahah

OP your a newb

BlackArcher101
04-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Prolifique, how are you adding up your financing? Are you taking your payments and multiplying? It will always be higher than the 26,000 due to cost of borrowing (interest).

SOAB
04-30-2009, 04:19 PM
to me, it sounds like the OP wanted the tint and tires added after the deal was already done, which is not how it works. nobody is gonna throw on a couple hundred for tint and $1500 for winter tires after you've already signed the deal.

Ntense_SpecV
04-30-2009, 04:24 PM
I wanted a g35 and we went left and right trying to find one, once we did everything started getting very crazy.. once I got the vehicle I paid 13g's down and WAS TOLD that through financing it\ll be 26000 in total. Everyone told me the same thing which is funny how the same people who did my transactions from both sides (Suzuki) and (Stampede leasing) were no longer employed.

You would also have been GIVEN paperwork which has all of the financing charges on it. I mean, did you not read your invoice, or were you just so exicted that you didn't bother to actually read anything, and just sign your name...and initial here...and here...and here.

Tik-Tok
04-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
sooooo after all the :thumbsup: SDS initially received, all they're getting are :thumbsdow ...did they just change the way they do business all of the sudden??

It seems anyone who knows how to buy a car gives them :thumbsup:

Anyone who doesn't gives a :thumbsdow

TomcoPDR
04-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Good job saving old emails Norman boy. :thumbsup:

You one of those rich kids who keeps a panty box too? (like not yours, I mean with all the chicks trying to get ur dough... you should cuz when you hit 20's like us you'd be like "WOW, what the hell I've done that many chicks, I don't believe"... Know a friend of friend who's parents let him run a franchise fast food restaurant since high school, he can literally open a little lingerie store)

ExtraSlow
04-30-2009, 07:43 PM
I can hardly understand the OP when his words are written down, who knows how confusing he is when he's just doing verbal communication. I'll side with SDS just on principle here.

googe
05-01-2009, 10:07 AM
How have you guys decided who is at fault already? Nothing in Norman's email clears up any of the OPs issues with the payments, tires, etc, and it doesn't say that the tint wouldn't originally be included. The email was sent afterwards, when presumably the OP already said he expected the tint.

Read everything again, it's still not clear where the issue was. Just because Norman offered it at cost afterwards doesn't mean that there wasn't a misunderstanding beforehand. In fact, he probably knows that there was, otherwise he'd never agree to give tint away for cost. That's an attempt to compromise, which implies that the two parties have a different understanding.

Not saying SDS *is* at fault yet, but that email paste certainly doesn't prove anything.

Ntense_SpecV
05-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by googe
How have you guys decided who is at fault already? Nothing in Norman's email clears up any of the OPs issues with the payments, and it doesn't say that the tint wouldn't originally be included. The email was sent afterwards, when presumably the OP already said he expected the tint.

Read everything again, it's still not clear where the issue was. Just because Norman offered it at cost afterwards doesn't mean that there wasn't a misunderstanding beforehand. In fact, he probably knows that there was, otherwise he'd never agree to give tint away for cost. That's an attempt to compromise, which implies that the two parties have a different understanding.

Not saying SDS *is* at fault yet, but that email paste certainly doesn't prove anything.

I offered a reason as to his payment issue's. He didn't do his own due diligence about the financing portion. If he didn't understand what his financing charges would be he needed to ask those questions at the dealership, before signing his agreement. My guess is that they agreed to a flat fee before his financing and the buyer thought that it included financing.

As for his other requests to free tint, and tires - nothing is set unless it's in writing...I'm sure that there was a misunderstanding, but can you really blame the dealership if it's not in writing?

googe
05-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Wtf? Of course you can blame the dealership for lying if it's not in writing.

Just because it's possible to manipulate people and promise them the world, and then screw them in the fineprint, does NOT make it ok.

I am not saying SDS did this (obviously none of us know), but come on, that's a terrible argument.

He claims that he DID ask those questions. His payments afterward came out different than what his answers reflected. This is really not uncommon, and anyone that works in financing will attest to how easy it is to sneak things in the numbers. How many people even know the difference between compound and simple interest?

It's called meeting of the minds. Throughout life, you will have many opportunities to pull a fast one on people and legally exonerate yourself with a technicality. That doesn't make you any less of a piece of shit, however :)

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
I can hardly understand the OP when his words are written down, who knows how confusing he is when he's just doing verbal communication. I'll side with SDS just on principle here.

Honestly, I know a lot of people that can articulate themselves very well in person, but sound like retards online. Especially car guys :)

Originally posted by SOAB
to me, it sounds like the OP wanted the tint and tires added after the deal was already done, which is not how it works. nobody is gonna throw on a couple hundred for tint and $1500 for winter tires after you've already signed the deal.

The way the OP mentions the tires is a bit confusing I agree, but if David said OK at any point, then he is obligated to do it. Unless, David thought OP meant he would like to purchase some, which also sounds plausible. It's unclear how that conversation went.

Ntense_SpecV
05-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Wtf? Of course you can blame the dealership for lying if it's not in writing.

Just because it's possible to manipulate people and promise them the world, and then screw them in the fineprint, does NOT make it ok.

I am not saying SDS did this (obviously none of us know), but come on, that's a terrible argument.

He claims that he DID ask those questions. His payments afterward came out different than what his answers reflected. This is really not uncommon, and anyone that works in financing will attest to how easy it is to sneak things in the numbers. How many people even know the difference between compound and simple interest?

People say what they think others want to hear all the time. People lie all the time to do business...it isn't ethical but this isn't uncommon. It's the reputable businesses that will rectify the situation if problems arise...

The OP must have not read his agreement properly. I mean, sure the dealership can sneak in additional numbers but it would be broken down with what his purchase price is, down payment additional cost of the car and what his financing portion would be as a total cost all in his agreement...the OP didn't fucking read it and just signed the damn thing because he was excited. If something was amiss why didn't he call them out on it right then and there.

Prolifique
05-01-2009, 06:46 PM
As mentioned before I was told in the beginning of having a free tint to my package and NORMAN remembers our discussion as he drove me back to my place in one of the dealerships white g35's, anyhow the Tires. I told them to put winters on them and they said they did,. I didn't know jack shit about Z and all that I thought they put what I expected them to put which afterwards I found out the hard way I had summer's on. The financing I was told that it will be 25000 all in all after interest and they said to me that whether you take a loan or a lease you will pay them same and it will come OUT THE SAME. So I agreed. Anyways in that E-mail which is out-dated and I do recall him saying that, but not after the fact of the matter being that I needed to fix my front bumper from having scratches on it, After that and them giving me the wrong tires. They came to a conclusion and said sorry for the issues we had in the past and we\ll give you a free tint for your troubles. David was the individual who I can recall told me that bluntly and briefly in a recent conversation 3 weeks ago to date. I can throw E-mails of me and norman's convo around as well but who's to say when they were. Date? anyways Bro you know me well and I don't seem like a person who would be saying this unless something is seriously making me want to bitch as much as I am...

bigboom
05-01-2009, 11:40 PM
As mentioned before I was told in the beginning of having a free tint to my package and NORMAN remembers our discussion as he drove me back to my place in one of the dealerships white g35's, anyhow the Tires. I told them to put winters on them and they said they did,. I didn't know jack shit about Z and all that I thought they put what I expected them to put which afterwards I found out the hard way I had summer's on. The financing I was told that it will be 25000 all in all after interest and they said to me that whether you take a loan or a lease you will pay them same and it will come OUT THE SAME. So I agreed. Anyways in that E-mail which is out-dated and I do recall him saying that, but not after the fact of the matter being that I needed to fix my front bumper from having scratches on it, After that and them giving me the wrong tires. They came to a conclusion and said sorry for the issues we had in the past and we\ll give you a free tint for your troubles. David was the individual who I can recall told me that bluntly and briefly in a recent conversation 3 weeks ago to date. I can throw E-mails of me and norman's convo around as well but who's to say when they were. Date? anyways Bro you know me well and I don't seem like a person who would be saying this unless something is seriously making me want to bitch as much as I am...

it seems like something SDS would do. Kinda like when they put on the wheels and tires i bought from them after they said they would fit but they actually didnt and they let me drive off the lot like that. they were also supposed to have my car ready and polished when i picked it up and it wasnt ready.

definitely stay away from south deerfoot suzuki.

Prolifique
05-04-2009, 05:37 PM
I wanna say " I rest my case" but really nothing has been resolved. I still have to pay for my tinting and I'm getting no reply back from either one. I believe it is more than fair for me to at least get a tint job out of this. I already did more than I should. I would appreciate one or the other to please contact me asap to this matter and hopefully we can conclude this issue in a mutual manner.

godlovesugly
05-04-2009, 05:41 PM
alas south deerfoot suzuki strike again

Dumbass17
05-04-2009, 06:40 PM
i got confused like 3 sentences in

7thgenvic
05-04-2009, 06:56 PM

Your english is TERRIBLE! I can see why you did not understand the purchase; probably couldn't understand the english writing.

PS: emails have dates n00B.

Sorry to flame, but spend* some time and edit your posts when your trying to come down on one of the sponsors.

Honestly, its your own stupidity that lead you to where your at today. Secondly, you should have really read the contract and gone over the details before rushing into purchasing the car. I blame you for thinking that you'll get something for free after not putting it on paper. You lose.

BerserkerCatSplat
05-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

Sorry to flame, but some time and edit your posts

:rofl: Oh, the irony.

7thgenvic
05-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

:rofl: Oh, the irony.

HAHA dammit...spend some...
I win.

Prolifique
05-04-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm not here to correct my grammar nor spell check anything, if you want to do that be my guest. I'm just stating what's happened to me and most people have understood what I've said. Thanks for the advice though I shall keep that in mind when I have as much time as some people. When your told something and you get something else completely different how do you think you would react to it?

it's not about the money, it's the principal behind it that matters most to me.

7thgenvic
05-04-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm just stating what's happened to me and most people have understood what I've said. When your told something and you get something else completely different how do you think you would react to it?

it's not about the money, it's the principal behind it that matters most to me.

GOD......it took me a whole 1 minute of my day to read this horrible thread and point out why you make no sense.
Anyone that has read this thread has become slightly dumber, and may God have mercy on your soul.

So let me get this correct. You purchased a car from SDS 6-months ago and did not get any of this in writing, yet you had the impression that they were simply going to give you winter tires and tint for free. Interesting?

torob
05-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

GOD......it took me a whole 1 minute of my day to read this horrible thread and point out why you make no sense.
Anyone that has read this thread has become slightly dumber, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Christ, will you just shut up already?
Its the Internet, and if you seriously have trouble reading what he's writing then maybe you should go work on your own English.

I don't care how he writes, I'm interested in the information regarding customers vs. SDS... I'm reading to see how SDS responds, and its annoying as fuck seeing people like you trying to act like you're making the Internet a better place by telling people to write perfectly.

As for SDS, threads have been popping up with bad feedback lately, so please enlighten us...

AllGoNoShow
05-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Interesting... to bad I missed this before.

You know what the best part is? The OP feels like he has been scammed by SDS, from the jist of the thread that I read, he hasn't he's just fucking stupid. He has done his fair share of insurance scams, robbing insurance companies of money claiming vehicles are stolen after he has sold them.

Sometimes Karma is just too damn good hey "bro"?

7thgenvic
05-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by torob

Christ, will you just shut up already?
Its the Internet, and if you seriously have trouble reading what he's writing then maybe you should go work on your own English.

I don't care how he writes, I'm interested in the information regarding customers vs. SDS... I'm reading to see how SDS responds, and its annoying as fuck seeing people like you trying to act like you're making the Internet a better place by telling people to write perfectly.

As for SDS, threads have been popping up with bad feedback lately, so please enlighten us...

:thumbsup:

He started a thread with misleading information and SDS replies with emails regarding the issue between the two parties and proves the OP wrong..

Or am I missing something here?

I go work on mine orwn engrish neow. :)

G-ZUS
05-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Wow :drama:

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

You know what the best part is? The OP feels like he has been scammed by SDS, from the jist of the thread that I read, he hasn't he's just fucking stupid. He has done his fair share of insurance scams, robbing insurance companies of money claiming vehicles are stolen after he has sold them.

Euro///Tuned
05-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

Ding, ding, ding.

D. Dub
05-05-2009, 07:53 AM
How have you guys decided who is at fault already? Nothing in Norman's email clears up any of the OPs issues with the payments, tires, etc, and it doesn't say that the tint wouldn't originally be included. The email was sent afterwards, when presumably the OP already said he expected the tint.

Exactly :thumbsup: the email could be the OP just trying to salvage something from a bad situation after being cheated.