PDA

View Full Version : Lets see what stocks can do...

SmelltheRubber
08-19-2002, 01:51 AM
Anyone want to try out stock races? I have a 2001 v6 mustang I am dying to try out against imports that are in a similar category (i.e no Supras or NSX's or twin-turbo 300zx, you know...)
I really want to see how I compare with 2000 and up preludes, integra's, camaro's, other v6 mustangs, and such. Pretty much anything with similar power.
I live in Hawkwood in the North West and I think I have the only black mustang in Hawkwood....and if I dont, then mine is the only tinted black mustang I have seen around Hawkwood, Edgemont, Hamptons, Citadel, and Arbour Lake.

Anyone interested, let me know!

redline_13000
08-19-2002, 01:54 AM
ill race u :burnout: :burnout: :D

ecstasy_civic
08-19-2002, 01:59 AM
ill race you man, my moms got a 01' v6 and i beat her well my step dad was driving but still, im scott i live in harvest hills pm msg me and well set something up im in vancouver right now but ill home on the 26th. im not really what your looking for but ill give you a good race.

buh_buh
08-19-2002, 03:49 AM
im always up for a good race.
let me know if your interested

CRXguy
08-19-2002, 09:34 AM
I'd race, but I'd lose with the car I'm driving now.:rofl:

GT2NV
08-19-2002, 10:16 AM
ill race u:guns:

trendkill
08-19-2002, 10:23 AM
dude, u have a V6 stang, a civic will keep up with u

SmelltheRubber
08-19-2002, 11:39 AM
No, a civic will not keep up with me! My cousin has a 94 civic coupe and he put in a performance exhaust, short-throw gears, racing clutch, air intake. We were going down 32nd ave, and we slowed down to about 15km/h (we couldnt stop completely cause cars were behind us). We both gunned it from there and I just kept pulling and pulling. Poor guy didnt stand a chance! THEN AFTER THE RACE, I REALIZED THAT I HAD STARTED in 2ND GEAR.
So i'm pretty sure that stock civics arent going to be giving me too much trouble....
BTW, his civic is that kawasaki green civic witht the cleared out lights, white rims, and is fucking LOUD. I dont know if any of you have it seen it around the NE- especially around whitehorn and such.

Ed the SOHC
08-19-2002, 12:43 PM
I'd probably be interested in this but I can't say that my civic is stock.

dj_honda
08-19-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by SmelltheRubber

BTW, his civic is that kawasaki green civic witht the cleared out lights, white rims, and is fucking LOUD. I dont know if any of you have it seen it around the NE- especially around whitehorn and such.

i have seen it, i think the exhaust is gay...

SmelltheRubber
08-19-2002, 12:56 PM
Yeah I drove it once and the exhaust is just too fucking loud. I hated it and told him to change the dam thing. Whats up with civics and shit-sounding exhausts???

Ed the SOHC
08-19-2002, 01:04 PM
Whats up with civics and shit-sounding exhausts???

It's our curse....:( :thumbsdow

Audi Kid
08-19-2002, 01:08 PM
its the kurse of the less than 6 cylander cars man!! hehe but ed has a WOOOOOSHHHHHH so its all good :(

SmelltheRubber
08-19-2002, 02:05 PM
Haha, its all good man. You guys wanna set something up for Friday? Anyone know any good places to do this? I was thinking a good spot might be by the Arbour Lake/Hawkwood Esso gas station. Its up at the top of Nosehill Drive. If you turn left and take Country Hills Blvd west, it turns into a nice long road with relatively low traffic. I've raced there a few times, but it can get annoying waiting for the right conditions.....if anyone knows a better place, im all ears.
My kill list so far -

1996 Cavalier Z24 (Sport exhaust, and other minor mods)
1994 Civic 2dr (Minor mods)
199? RX-7
199? MR-2 (Exhaust)
1994 Camaro v6
1991 CR-X
1999 Sunfire GT
2000 Sunfire
:guns:
I know some of these are pretty weak, but I raced em just for the hell of it .

Ed the SOHC
08-19-2002, 02:08 PM
why can't we just do this at race city? I still need to get out there one last time before mid september.

SmelltheRubber
08-19-2002, 02:22 PM
Oh by the way, i'm typing all this from work. Anybody here go around the AutoDream shop that in the NE off McKnight near the Nortel building?

speedracer
08-19-2002, 03:01 PM
I'd run against you but that would require you to unplug 2 spark plugs :D :rofl:

Zephyr
08-19-2002, 04:07 PM
in california here at night i saw a stock corolla own a mustang....

300rwhp
08-19-2002, 04:40 PM
is your car a 5 speed? if it is you can take more than people think with the new v6 mustang ...... if its automatic you better place an add in the bergain finder because your gonna get taken by almost every 5 speed ricer with a little bit of "mad Skillz"

GingeRRRBeef
08-19-2002, 04:44 PM
Oh by the way, i'm typing all this from work. Anybody here go around the AutoDream shop that in the NE off McKnight near the Nortel building?

That area behind the Nortel building is one of the best strips to race late at nite. Nobody is ever there, no cop no nothing. We should set up a meet there some night!!!!!!!!!!!

RGAGT
08-19-2002, 05:06 PM
Have you everybeen to racecity lot easier to race and No Cops to worry about I would be interested then I have a v6 Grandam Gt I can kill a V6 auto Mustang, I have chip and exhaust But with the 18 inch Tires on I'm only Running Stock times in 1/4 mile which is 16.7 so go to Racecity this Friday night and lets race:D

GP_DrIvEr
08-19-2002, 05:10 PM
ill take a go at you... i'll probably loose if you have a standard stang but if not it will be interesting

SmelltheRubber
08-19-2002, 05:46 PM
Yeah, my mustang is standard! Why anybody (male anyways) would buy a automatic mustang is beyond me. A automatic transmissionthe whole defeats purpose of a mustang I think.

Yeah man, that Nortel building area is a wicked place to race. I work in that plaza anyways.

Davan
08-19-2002, 06:08 PM
Why not just go to race city, and get some timeslips. Then you can compare yourself to anybody and anything.

cocoabrova
08-19-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
I'd race, but I'd lose with the car I'm driving now.:rofl:
Just employ the use of your mAd SkILLz :thumbsup: :burnout:

Ed the SOHC
08-19-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Davan
Why not just go to race city, and get some timeslips. Then you can compare yourself to anybody and anything.

To be fair they should all go the same night.

cocoabrova
08-19-2002, 06:26 PM
What's the HP on a '01 Stang 3.8L? 200 right? My buddy drives a 98 3.8L Stang with CAI, underdrive pulleys, bigger-than-stock TRUE dual exhaust w/off-road (H) pipe), Eibach Springs, B&M short shifter, and that's it I think. He ran mid 16's/low 17's last year when he took it to SS. I 'm not sure what his HP was stock, but I can't see it being too far off from 200 :dunno: On the other side of the spectrum, I've heard of a dewd from Saskatchewan that runs low 12's with his turbo'ed 3.8 (most parts came off a Caterpillar semi engine) :eek:

I think we should start another race list:
1) buh_buh
2) Ed the SOHC
3) cocoabrova

BTW: well you guys know what to do......:rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

HRD2PLZ
08-19-2002, 07:28 PM
two of my buddies have '00 V6 Stangs with autos :thumbsdow I can kill them in my Accord! They hate me now...:rofl:

Dope Dealer
08-19-2002, 08:03 PM
Haha, its all good man. You guys wanna set something up for Friday? Anyone know any good places to do this? I was thinking a good spot might be by the Arbour Lake/Hawkwood Esso gas station. Its up at the top of Nosehill Drive. If you turn left and take Country Hills Blvd west, it turns into a nice long road with relatively low traffic. I've raced there a few times, but it can get annoying waiting for the right conditions.....if anyone knows a better place, im all ears.

Bah! I always see people race on that street. Also Country Hills Blvd. right beside the Hamptons Co-Op. It's pretty busy during day, but dies down around 10 or 11:00 PM.

I think you guys should just go to Race City! :)

Davan
08-19-2002, 08:03 PM
I believe the pre-99 V6 stangs had something really lame like 150 hp... While the GT only had 215 (I think).

I know I can slaughter them in my Cavalier! They got a big bump in power for 99, as did the GT model.

CRXguy
08-19-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

Just employ the use of your mAd SkILLz :thumbsup: :burnout:

Even that won't save my ass. This beater of mine makes Gavin's car seem fast!:eek: :rofl:

buh_buh
08-19-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

1) buh_buh
2) Ed the SOHC
3) cocoabrova
4) CRXguy

just keep adding your name to this list if you want to beat.... I mean race a mustang.:thumbsup:

Fluidic
08-19-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

1) buh_buh
2) Ed the SOHC
3) cocoabrova
4) CRXguy
5) Fluidic Digital

I'll take you man... Race City... this Friday... like taking candy from a baby! :angel: :angel:

Peter

Ed the SOHC
08-19-2002, 10:03 PM
I don't think I can make it this friday especially if I go to drag warz the next day. I can't afford it. :( So, you win by default.

Fluidic
08-19-2002, 10:33 PM
Oh come on man... NOOOO!! LOL :( :woot:

Peter

RGAGT
08-20-2002, 12:07 AM
Hey Pete

Your Going to Racecity this Friday to race:clap: Then You Know I will be there for sure:D

ecstasy_civic
08-20-2002, 06:37 PM
seriously my car must have something else done to it, i just have intake exhaust and a short shifter and ive beat my moms v6 stang like 3 or 4 times now. and my dad was driving it.mabye i have "mad skillz" lol anyways add my name to that list.

legendboy
08-20-2002, 06:45 PM
I'll race you and beat you

Audi Kid
08-20-2002, 06:58 PM
ill race this friday! :)

5.9 R/T
08-20-2002, 07:13 PM
Do you really want me to pull out the MAZDASPEED 323??? I've taken down cobra's in my 323, a V6 would be just to easy!!! :rofl: :bullshit:

Fluidic
08-20-2002, 07:35 PM
Again, its all dependent if I work on Friday and if Benny pays up... if he does and I don't work... all you mutha fuckas are going down!

TURBO VW POWA!!! LOL :woot: :rofl: :rofl:

Peter

SmelltheRubber
08-21-2002, 12:44 AM
Hmm...I think some of you are getting a little too enthusiastic about this.... It is, afterall, a unmodified stock v6 Mustang.
But yes, sure, I want to see how i hold up to some of you.
I dont know about race city cause I have too much to do, but I think I can squeeze in a few races on Friday. How bout just meeting at the top of Nosehill Dr and then racing west on Country Hills?

To the guy who beat some v6 stangs- Were they manual or auto? And were they 99 or newer models??

ecstasy_civic
08-21-2002, 01:03 AM
it was an 01' 5spd v6

redline_13000
08-21-2002, 01:08 AM
No, a civic will not keep up with me! My cousin has a 94 civic coupe and he put in a performance exhaust, short-throw gears, racing clutch, air intake. We were going down 32nd ave, and we slowed down to about 15km/h (we couldnt stop completely cause cars were behind us). We both gunned it from there and I just kept pulling and pulling. Poor guy didnt stand a chance! THEN AFTER THE RACE, I REALIZED THAT I HAD STARTED in 2ND GEAR.
So i'm pretty sure that stock civics arent going to be giving me too much trouble....

hes the fucker that did a ricer flyby on me after bullshits cause i raped him in a race...gay ass civic:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :barf:

ecstasy_civic
08-21-2002, 01:44 AM

dude when you slow down and go that speed your probably in 2nd gear, right? your probably in your peak torque range which is 225lbs @2800 rpm while your cousin is probably at in second at ?low 2000? rpm and hes only got 106lbs @5500 rpm so once your ahead of him of course your gonna keep pulling on him even a catback exhaust wont give him more than 8 hp in that car an intake maybe 2-5hp a racing clutch wont do anything unless your launching hard and short throw gears? hmmm ive never heard of those in a civic but i could be wrong.id like to beat that car ask him if he'll race me lol.oh and for everybody who wondered how much power a v6 mustang has 193 hp and 225 ft.lbs

RGAGT
08-21-2002, 10:00 AM
well if your to busy to go to race city then your to busy to race in the streets friday night :D IF you have the time to Street race friday then you have the time to Go to Race City and Race:dunno:

SmelltheRubber
08-21-2002, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE]dude when you slow down and go that speed your probably in 2nd gear, right? your probably in your peak torque range which is 225lbs @2800 rpm while your cousin is probably at in second at ?low 2000? rpm and hes only got 106lbs @5500 rpm so once your ahead of him of course your gonna keep pulling on him even a catback exhaust wont give him more than 8 hp in that car an intake maybe 2-5hp a racing clutch wont do anything unless your launching hard and short throw gears? hmmm ive never heard of those in a civic but i could be wrong.id like to beat that car ask him if he'll race me lol.oh and for everybody who wondered how much power a v6 mustang has 193 hp and 225 ft.lbs

Um, close but not quite.. At about 15kmh, in 2nd gear I'm at about 1400 rpm, not 2800.
Anyways, the rest of the shit sounds about right, so thank you for pointing out a how a civic (without heavy mods) will NOT keep up with me...like I was telling the guy who I orginally said "a civic could keep up with a stock v6".

Ed the SOHC
08-21-2002, 04:41 PM
I know for a fact that I could NOT beat a V6 mustang with my civic si; intake & exhaust (before the turbo).

CRXguy
08-21-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC
I know for a fact that I could NOT beat a V6 mustang with my civic si; intake & exhaust (before the turbo).

Cuz Leo's fat ass was in the car?:rofl:

5.9 R/T
08-21-2002, 05:40 PM
Wow this is straight outta 'How to be a Ricer' by Brent Spilner. It even lists where the race is going to happen for all the popo to see! :rolleyes:

SmelltheRubber
08-21-2002, 06:01 PM
hah, yeah...
so race city then

Yellow_Fly_Red
08-21-2002, 11:19 PM
Wanna meet me on Sunday night at 9:00pm?
I'm pretty sure your car will beat mine.... but I am curious on how many car lengths between our cars. I'm in Arbour Lake .. so we can just meet at the YMCA parking lot and then decide where to race.

My car's got 192 HP, 200lb/ft Torque but weights a whopping 3300lbs...!!!!!!! and its a standard.... so I have to worry about the launch and shifting. I'm not much of a drag racer... but I think this will be fun...
:p

Ed the SOHC
08-22-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy

Cuz Leo's fat ass was in the car?:rofl:

Even leo's fat ass couldn't have slowed me down that much. I think it was the lack of mad skillz, extra weight due to the enormous amount of rice, and just plainly the lack of power.

redline_13000
08-22-2002, 01:56 AM
so u guys all goin down to race city this friday or what? maybe ill jack up my uncles gtp to race...my jimmy is to fast:bigpimp:

RGAGT
08-22-2002, 10:02 AM
I'm Up for it if everyone Else is Hey Peter You know if you coming yet :dunno:

GP_DrIvEr
08-23-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Yellow_Fly_Red

My car's got 192 HP, 200lb/ft Torque but weights a whopping 3300lbs...!!!!!!! and its a standard.... so I have to worry about the launch and shifting. I'm not much of a drag racer... but I think this will be fun...
:p

i wanna get in on this action :thumbsup: :burnout:

im running close to 200hp / 215lb/ft tourque and i weigh a bit more than you... o weigh like 38000lbs

i think it will be close :guns:

Yellow_Fly_Red
08-24-2002, 01:59 PM
GP_Driver:

Sounds good.. :D

I think I might be going to Ft Macleod for the Drag Warz tomorrow....
so I should be back by 9:00PM..

:thumbsup: