PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Pig Industry wants "Swine Flu" Renamed

thetransporter
04-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Alberta Pig Industry wants "Swine Flu" Renamed, not sure why they are complaining, many people did not even know the meaning of "swine" until a few days ago.

Maybe they should rename it "airborn pig flu" ??

http://esi.ctv.ca/datafeed/urlgen2.aspx?vid=167020

if this is a repost, sorry, i checked to see if any posts.

szw
04-30-2009, 01:58 PM
I think almost everybody knows what swine means. The WHO has already said they will stop calling it Swing Flu.

http://www.healthzone.ca/health/article/626850

Xtrema
04-30-2009, 02:02 PM
From now on, all diseases should be called by their number. No names.

szw
04-30-2009, 02:04 PM
I think its a valid argument. It would be like calling Aids "holding hands disease".

rps13_sx
04-30-2009, 02:09 PM
i hope the pig industry dies, it fucking nasty eating pigs.pig eat shit,people eat pig///eat shit

Pahnda
04-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by rps13_sx
i hope the pig industry dies, it fucking nasty eating pigs.pig eat shit,people eat pig///eat shit

:confused: and?

Anyway, are you islamic by any chance?

Wraith
04-30-2009, 02:18 PM
mmmmmmmmmm bacon

Super_Geo
04-30-2009, 02:20 PM

Someone get this man a Nobel prize.

KuruptEX
04-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Im muslim going to take a wild guess and say you are also but buddy you shouldn't be telling anyone what to eat and what not to

Ntense_SpecV
04-30-2009, 02:21 PM
the other white meat flu

01RedDX
04-30-2009, 02:31 PM

GQBalla
04-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV
the other white meat flu

pork is actually considered red meat

w_man
04-30-2009, 02:32 PM

Haa ... one hell of an argument there buddy. Don't lose your virginity over it.

01RedDX
04-30-2009, 02:33 PM

Tik-Tok
04-30-2009, 02:34 PM

Yeah, 'cause no other animals or mammals in the word eats their own shit, lol. Hope you don't eat cod or shrimp either.

When you're at the top of the food chain buddy, you eat EVERYTHING.

RickDaTuner
04-30-2009, 02:51 PM
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/RickyDuarte/lick.jpg

sexualbanana
04-30-2009, 03:09 PM
The Israeli Government has been wanting the Swine Flu renamed to something like the Mexican Flu or something like that.

JAYMEZ
04-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
The Israeli Government has been wanting the Swine Flu renamed to something like the Mexican Flu or something like that.

Lol not a bad idea...

Im pretty sure you could get pretty creative with Mexican ones..

thetransporter
04-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

yeah they don't pork. i mean what is so special about pork, maybe its because its cheap.

EK 2.0
04-30-2009, 03:20 PM

Listen as a Muslim here and perhaps a few others in this thread.

I researched pigs in elementary, cause I was curious as to why as Muslims based on the teaching from my parents we were not to consume them.

And the whole pigs are dirty animals...that doesn't even apply...

Pigs actually do not eat shit, they do not defecate where they "play". They roll around in mud because they do not sweat and the mud is their means of cooling down. I mean if you couldn't sweat, I am certain you would roll around in mud too.

But, please, enjoy the rest of your day...

Sincerely,

A reformed swine consuming Muslim.

hampstor
04-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Good point about renaming it... people are getting the impression they are going to get this by eating pork.

gatorade
04-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

I researched pigs in elementary, cause I was curious as to why as Muslims based on the teaching from my parents we were not to consume them.

Pigs actually do not eat shit, they do not defecate where they "play". They roll around in mud because they do not sweat and the mud is their means of cooling down. I mean if you couldn't sweat, I am certain you would roll around in mud too.

Sincerely,

thats fucking awesome! i've been trying to get my muslim friends to eat pork but none of them will do it, pork is just great

RickDaTuner
04-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
Good point about renaming it... people are getting the impression they are going to get this by eating pork.

well did they ever really rename the avian flue to something else just because a few birds flew overhead?I'm not trying to be an ass to you but why are they trying to make everything Politically Correct

01RedDX
04-30-2009, 03:38 PM

Ntense_SpecV
04-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

Sure they do, otherwise they would have disappeared a long time ago. They pork just like everyone else. :)

HAHAHA...nice.

I don't know why they don't just call it by it's official name -

2009 H1N1 Virus or

(We're all gonna die by media sensationalism flu...)

rps13_sx
04-30-2009, 06:04 PM

Sincerely,

You are a disgrace to Muslim....now please fuck off/

ZenOps
04-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Request denied. Its a pig flu originally that has mutated to infect humans. Its perfectly appropriate to call it a swine flu.

"Vincent Want some bacon?
Jules No man, I don't eat pork.
Vincent Are you Jewish?
Jules Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
Vincent Why not?
Jules Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
Vincent Yeah, but bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good.
Jules Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eatin' nothing that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
Vincent How about a dog? Dog eats its own feces.
Jules I don't eat dog either.
Vincent Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
Jules I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, but they're definitely dirty. A dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
Vincent Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?
Jules Well, we'd have to be talkin' about one charming motherfucking pig. I mean, he'd have to be ten times more charming than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm saying?" - Pulp Fiction.

DRKM
04-30-2009, 06:28 PM

What a tolerant and peaceful response.

BerserkerCatSplat
04-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by DRKM

What a tolerant and peaceful response.

He's just as kind and tolerant as he is informed and intelligent. :thumbsup:

acura_el
04-30-2009, 06:58 PM
"you can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig"
-Obama

badatusrnames
04-30-2009, 07:14 PM

Sincerely,

Haha nice, a religious individual that can think for themselves and make logical, rational and informed decisions.

:clap:

I just got a craving for bacon...

Supa Dexta
04-30-2009, 07:45 PM
I've owned pigs, they shit in a certain corner just like a horse does, or a cat... A cow however shits where ever it feels like, much the same as a dog... And dogs and cows are certainly a big part of everyones lives.

kamakurakid
04-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
Request denied. Its a pig flu originally that has mutated to infect humans. Its perfectly appropriate to call it a swine flu.

"Vincent Want some bacon?
Jules No man, I don't eat pork.
Vincent Are you Jewish?
Jules Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
Vincent Why not?
Jules Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
Vincent Yeah, but bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good.
Jules Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eatin' nothing that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
Vincent How about a dog? Dog eats its own feces.
Jules I don't eat dog either.
Vincent Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
Jules I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, but they're definitely dirty. A dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
Vincent Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?
Jules Well, we'd have to be talkin' about one charming motherfucking pig. I mean, he'd have to be ten times more charming than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm saying?" - Pulp Fiction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7u832uSmvk

Cannot for the life of me place video on this website.

kamakurakid
04-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Idiot responses to someone and their religious practices reminds me of why I sometimes hate this narrow minded place called Calgary. I wonder if Edmonton is better, cause Calgary is Idiotville at times.

spikerS
04-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I've owned pigs, they shit in a certain corner just like a horse does, or a cat... A cow however shits where ever it feels like, much the same as a dog... And dogs and cows are certainly a big part of everyones lives.

i gotta go to the defense of dogs here. My 2 dogs only defecate on half of my yard, and only go to that half to do so, the other half they run around on and play.

G-Suede
04-30-2009, 08:32 PM

You are a disgrace to humans....now please crawl back under the rock you pig fucker.

hampstor
04-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

well did they ever really rename the avian flue to something else just because a few birds flew overhead?I'm not trying to be an ass to you but why are they trying to make everything Politically Correct

I'm not sure why they're making things politically correct with this, I think it's absurd that politcally correct terms are thrown around as much as they are already...

I got a kick at co-op when this woman asked the person bringing out the pork tenderlons (which are on sale!!) if the pork was from Mexico. :nut:

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
05-01-2009, 01:50 AM
It should be obvious for economical reasons why they want it re-named.
People don't think, they act on instinct (Except EK 2.0, props man)
Swine flu to some retard is going to be something that comes from pig.
This would obviously effect the pork market negativly.

For the record I don't really like pork that isn't pre-cooked (pork chops, loin, and such) It's just not tasty to me, I do however love ham, bacon, sausage (not pre-cooked) and such, personal preference, not religous

EK 2.0
05-01-2009, 07:31 AM

Pot...Kettle...Black...

luv2ride_bikes
05-01-2009, 07:41 AM
wow, are you ever a moron

ZenOps
05-02-2009, 05:48 PM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/Alberta+herd+quarantined+H1N1+infection+suspected/1558118/story.html

And the first pigs in Canada now test positive.

Hell no I ain't buying no pork for a while. I don't care if it cant be transmitted by eating. I mean pigs sneeze on each other all the time don't they?

So this is now a case of pig to human to pig transmission of the H1N1. Get the flamethrowers out and start roasting those piggies.

canuckcarguy
05-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Did you hear about the pig cull in Egypt? They decided Wednesday to cull about 400,000 pigs to ease public panic about swine flu.

Yeah, I think changing the name might actually help. At least if it wasn't called swine flu, it wouldn't have occurred to the idiots in charge in Egypt to unnecessarily kill almost half a million animals for no reason whatsoever.

http://article.wn.com/view/2009/04/29/Egyptian_Christians_riot_after_swine_flu_cull/

googe
05-03-2009, 02:54 AM
Pigs ARE filthy. This has nothing to do with them rolling in the mud or eating where they shit. I do eat pork chops and ham sometimes, but it is one of the worst animals we eat. The reason for that is just because they'll eat ANYTHING, and farmers are cheap and will feed them the minimum quality food they can to stay legal and keep them alive and fat. It's not unheard of for farmers to even throw meat from other dead pigs into the feed.

Do you really think that the guys who walk through pig shit all day that need to fatten pigs up and slaughter them really give a shit what they eat? :)

Not to mention bigger operations have pigs caged so tightly that they cant roll over or turn around. That's actually the conditions of the operation that they have traced the first infection to...some redneck factory farm in north carolina.

So the pig itself as an animal isn't filthy, but pigs raised by humans sure as hell are. Unless you happen to get your pork from an independent farmer that has free range pigs with real feed, which are pretty rare these days. No one really cares what other people have to eat.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/05/swineflufarm/

G-Suede
05-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by googe
Pigs ARE filthy.

And so are cows, chickens, and any other industrial meat. It's all fucking nasty when you think about it.

rps13_sx
05-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by googe
Pigs ARE filthy.
so is G-Suede's mom/

G-Suede
05-03-2009, 08:59 PM

so is G-Suede's mom/

A mom joke, are you kidding? Ok.

rps13_sx's mom is so dirty that her tore-up vagine looks like a couple of salty bacon strips.

rps13_sx your moms bacon tits are sexy. Om nom nom nom...
http://www.fun-images.com/thumbs/50-bacon-strips-bra.jpg

godlovesugly
05-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Fuck you motherfuckers.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CleRr46Nh1w/SYe8mB0-xoI/AAAAAAAAATI/aBwOSowprBc/s400/Bacon+Explosion+033.JPG

http://17.media.tumblr.com/i2dw5nf19kfpq9t7TNrthMBDo1_r1_500.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3148/2959187436_93c349d07a.jpg

gatorade
05-03-2009, 09:17 PM
I love bacon but it doesn't look that appetizing in that picture, uncooked and I don't think that chick is going to be very good looking

ZEDGE
05-03-2009, 09:32 PM

I'm going to suck on some greasy bacon then rub it on my privates thinking about your post.. mmm yea... :whipped:

EK 2.0
05-03-2009, 10:12 PM

so is G-Suede's mom/

What the fuck is your problem seriously??...