PDA

View Full Version : toyota cresida?

finboy
10-22-2003, 11:42 PM
my buddy wants to buy a car, but wants cheap insurance.

the cresida is rwd inline 6 cyl, is this any way related to the inline 6 out of the 3rd gen supra? if he had a spare 7m-gte complete with car and wanted to put it into a cresida, how much hassle is he looking at?

method
10-23-2003, 12:09 AM
he's looking at wiring hassle, and some driveshaft issue if I remember right..

now THAT is a fucking drift car.

dj_honda
10-23-2003, 12:13 AM
depends..what year cressida?

mx73 is the 85-88, came with a 5mge...like the mk2 supras....getting a 7mgte in there is a bit tougher than the mx83, which is the 89-92 cressida.

the mx83 came with the 7mge, which is the NA version of the 7mgte. swapping in a 7mgte is not that difficult if you know what you are doing. a few issues such as you need to retain the mx83 oil pan, because there is a bump in the supra oil pan for the supra chassis, which won't fit on the cressida chassis etc....other than that, fitting a manual in is a little tricky, but the swap can be been done.

check out toyotacressida.com and hit up the forum for more questions......some americans, a lot of australian guys....its a slower forum, but people can give you more advice if you like.

there is a guy on there, who has a mx83 with a 7mgte, who does open wheel racing, and consistently takes out porsches etc. so the swap is definitely rewarding if done right(hes obviously a good driver as well).

also if you do the swap i suggest getting some good studs and a good gasket, and doing it while the engines outside, and do it right, if you dont want to change hg's every once in a while

personally i want to import a chaser front clip and do a 1jzgte swap.....maybe someday...

JDMAE86
10-23-2003, 09:06 AM
88 Toyota Cressida (drift machine)
MX73 Sedan
5MGE Inline Six
Fully loaded
Dark Blue
Non Smoker
New tires,starter,alternator,heater blower motor, ND Plugs, Recent Oil change
$1900.00 OBO

PM ME if you interested.

Eric Happy Meal
10-23-2003, 02:25 PM
there is also a guy on toyotacressida with a 1JZ in his car, your friend might also be interested in that as well.