PDA

View Full Version : World Health Club (WHC) questions

ee2k
05-01-2009, 09:19 PM
So, finally set to sign up for membershop at WHC MacLeod location, and thought I'd ask a few Qs:

- If you signed up recently, how much in membership do you pay? Corporate or individual rate? (this question is not location specific, I guess)

- Do you advise AGAINST this location? If so, why?

- Is this location super busy, thus making the experience unpleasant? I am looking at 530PM-ish

- What's your take on personal training at this location? Any recommendations?

- Talisman is another option I considered, but the fact that I made repeated calls regarding personal training and no one got back to me has put me off (when I walked in, was told to call)

Finally, does anyone know about any promos at WHC for membership these days?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

TurboD
05-02-2009, 01:02 AM
i think threads like this are a great idea, i dont have and WHC advice....but

i would advise against going at 530pm, this is peak time, any gym in the city is busy at this time, try to go as late as you can ie 7pm or later

Unknown303
05-02-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm a WHC member and goto the Macleod trail gym. 5:30 would pretty much be peak time, while not impossible to workout at that time there could be some waits in between equipment if your not open to trying other equipment to achieve the same workout.

I usually goto that one anytime after 7pm and it's becoming pretty quite and it is easy to get to any of the equipment.

Also I had a personal trainer there about 4 years ago now and it was great. Mind you she doesn't work there anymore but depending on the type of program you want to get on they usually have someone there that will know how to take care of you.

Finally I'm not sure on any promos currently. WHC is usually pretty tight about money for some reason but you can sometimes talk them out of the sign up fee or something when getting into the gym.

anhsicun
05-04-2009, 01:04 AM
i go to the one on 37th street sw , i paid a 100 enrollment, 45 a month with no contract. downside i only get acccess to the one on 37 street sw, it cost 10 more if i wanted access to all WHC. the one i go to thier probbaly two good trainers that know what thier doing.