PDA

View Full Version : Did I make a mistake ? Need help !

HappyZing
05-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Went to the dealer the other day and checked out the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T. Loved it and gave a deposit and was told " I'll be a little while before one comes in because of a shortage ". I signed some handwritten scribbles on a piece of paper but nothing official. Just found out I am being shipped out with the Navy in a few days for an extended time. Have I committed to buying the car ? Can I easily walk away with my deposit refunded and no BS ? Thanks very much ?

Adam

5000Audi
05-02-2009, 11:53 PM
hopfully you didnt do this at SDS if so you will never get your deposit back...

My bet, do what you shoulda done before you write on beyond.. call the dealership.. i bet they will answer your question better then any beyonder could

sxtothe240
05-02-2009, 11:53 PM
If you have a written agreement on getting a full refund, then you should be fine. if not......SOL

911fever
05-03-2009, 09:55 AM
just explain your situation, if the dealership is legit, they'll understand. But you can still be possibly SOL.

ClearBluewater
05-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Really hope its not SDS LOL

sabad66
05-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Why did you give them a deposit if you weren't planning on buying the car?

corsvette
05-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by sabad66
Why did you give them a deposit if you weren't planning on buying the car?
I think he found out AFTER he placed a deposit he was being shipped out.I think the dealer should fully understand the situation.

sabad66
05-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Oh shit, I totally read that wrong lol. I read "Now a new Genesis with Navi is being shipped out to the dealership". I guess it's still too early on a Sunday haha.

But crap, shitty situation man. If you talk to them and explain the situation they should be able to help you out. I can't see why they wouldn't for your case.

dj_rice
05-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Even so, wouldn't you have known you would be shipped out a week or 2 in advance?

Seems like your just making up the Navy story so the dealership will feel remorse and give you your deposit back because your a tire kicker but you said you signed something so if the deal is off, I think they get to keep your deposit for wasting their time