PDA

View Full Version : Buying car from vancouver

super_a_m_a_n
05-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Hey guys, I just bought a car from vancouver, its certified from a dealership, and I got an inspeciton done by BCAA, do i sitll need to get an in province inspection before I can get it registered?
Thanks

schocker
05-03-2009, 05:10 PM
yes, alberta is a different province.

super_a_m_a_n
05-03-2009, 05:29 PM
My dad bought a car from vancouver a few years ago and he said he didnt haveto get an in province inspection, is there any reason you can think of that you wouldnt need to get one done?

you&me
05-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by super_a_m_a_n
My dad bought a car from vancouver a few years ago and he said he didnt haveto get an in province inspection, is there any reason you can think of that you wouldnt need to get one done?

Only if the car was brand-new and came with a NVIS form... otherwise, he'd have to get an inspection (unless he had a shady shop fake the OOP)...

schocker
05-03-2009, 05:38 PM
iirc any car from out of alberta needs one before you will be allowed to register it. This has been the case for all of the people who I know who have done it.

dannie
05-03-2009, 05:53 PM
There are a couple of exceptions to the rule of the out of province inspection.

1. The vehicle was bought brand new in another canadian jurisdiction within 90 days of attempting to register the vehicle in Alberta. It must have less than 5000km and the bill of sale must state that it is NEW and is dated (like i stated before), within 90 days. The vehicle also has to be verified by a registry clerk, so you have to physically bring the vehicle to the registry with you.

2. The vehicle is used from another canadian jurisdiction, but had a GOVERNMENT inspection completed within 90 days of attempting to register in Alberta. (This one has to be approved by Alberta Transportation). The vehicle also physically has to be at the registry for verification. Note, if the vehicle is from Ontario and has a government inspection, it is only valid for up to 36 days, not 90 like the other.

2BLUE
05-03-2009, 05:54 PM
yes you do.

super_a_m_a_n
05-04-2009, 11:37 AM
thanks for the help guys.
Dannie, how do I know that if the inspection is a governement inspection or not?

thetransporter
05-04-2009, 12:22 PM
check for rust in wells

super_a_m_a_n
05-05-2009, 12:26 AM
Who do I need to get this inspection done by? CAA?
Where's the cheapest place i can get it done? since I already got one done in Vancouver, it sucks that I haveto pay again so i gotta be cheap aha

dannie
05-05-2009, 10:20 AM
^ It is an inspection that is done through a licenced ICBC branch. The CAA one is not a government inspection.