View Full Version : District 9

Pages : [1] 2

89coupe
05-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Wonder if this will be any good?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/district9/

gatorade
05-04-2009, 12:44 AM
damn looks good i read a little spoilers on the plot and it looks like I will be looking foward to seeing it this summer, trailer is pretty ghetto but effective

89coupe
07-14-2009, 10:27 PM
new trailer up

broken_legs
07-29-2009, 06:22 PM
www.d-9.com

I just wet myself.

broken_legs
07-29-2009, 06:23 PM
1-866-666-6001

MNU Hotline!!!

Just wet myself again

broken_legs
07-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Plot thickens!

http://mnuspreadslies.com/

broken_legs
07-29-2009, 06:28 PM
MOAR!!!

http://www.multinationalunited.com/?hs317=District9_blog+MNU_link

http://www.district9game.com/

Zhariak
07-29-2009, 06:37 PM
This movie is going to be SICK!

AD_Runner
07-29-2009, 07:29 PM
This movie looks really SICK ..... will have to go watch it... :thumbsup:

Trini
07-29-2009, 10:55 PM
looks pretty good :thumbsup:

ZEDGE
07-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Looking forward to this one.

jonnycat
07-30-2009, 08:34 AM
I left a message saying I spotted a non human on beyond.ca. Dobut it will go through. but lol.

So pumped for this flick.

ekguy
07-30-2009, 09:56 AM
This is one movie I will actually be seeing on it's opening show. I love this type of movie and I highly doubt this one will disappoint.

Super_Geo
08-11-2009, 10:09 PM

http://www.filmmisery.com/images/frontpics/district9poster.jpg

The early reviews (http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/district9?tag=topslot;title;1) are really good... 100, 90, 90.

Going to see it this weekend, looks sick!

drtoohotty1
08-11-2009, 10:13 PM
im so pumped for this, very rarely does a trailer intrigue me like this did

7thgenvic
08-11-2009, 10:16 PM
that movie is a toss up for me....

LadyLuck
08-12-2009, 11:19 AM
100% on rotten tomatoes!

Looking forward to seeing it this weekend! :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
08-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Cant wait!!

Xtrema
08-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Alien Nation repackaged but looks good.

heavyD
08-12-2009, 12:06 PM
It's been an abysmal summer for movies hopefully this and Inglorious Bastards brings up the quality level from the suckage so far.

GQBalla
08-12-2009, 12:08 PM
can't wait to see this!

Disoblige
08-12-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm actually really excited to catch this movie. That and 'Inglorious Bastards'!

Splooge
08-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Yeah this movie looks pretty cool actually. They don't reveal much during the commercials.

beyondpinoy
08-13-2009, 10:00 AM
:eek: :poosie: me want catfood!

Godfuader
08-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Very detailed website. Enter it as a non-human and it will restrict access to certain parts.

darkkent
08-14-2009, 08:56 AM
just bought some tickets online for this weekend, was wondering if anyone went to the midnight showing last night and what they thought abou it.

08-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Just saw this movie, other than the copious amount of plot holes it had alot of potential, not sure it met my expectations but it also is a unique movie in its own sense.

Tram Common
08-15-2009, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by 410440
Just saw this movie, other than the copious amount of plot holes it had alot of potential, not sure it met my expectations but it also is a unique movie in its own sense.

Plot holes? What are you talking about, this movie pretty much gave the audience an answer to everything we needed to know or wondered about.

I don't understand...did you not watch the trailer? It's a science fiction movie...

...were you expecting a romance novel??

If you like science fiction, this movie is a 100% must see. Nothing this good in sci-fi has come along since Fifth Element.

Absolutely brilliant.

Vagabond142
08-15-2009, 08:07 AM
I saw this last night on a free movie ticket my buddy gave me... best free movie I've ever seen o_O TOTALLY blown away. This is one of those movies that polarizes the next generation of science fiction. It's simply the best sci-fi movie I have seen since The Matrix.

SilverRex
08-15-2009, 10:09 AM
yeah after seeing all the good reviews both in the calgaqry sun and RT decided to watch it last night

and while the beginning was a bit of a slow build up, but then it picked right up and I was very impressed

the ending least very much alot left to be desired

kinda feels like watching a halo movie with out the same story.

Dam,

:D

edit: I guess it make sense as the halo movie never went into high gear so this was the replacement. I dam wish its a box office hit so we can see a district 10 on the way

iceburns288
08-15-2009, 10:20 AM
I thought the commercials made it look like it sucked, but I keep hearing people rave about it.

HyperZell
08-15-2009, 10:26 AM
UNREAL! This movie was so well done it's hard to believe. Where do I start?

The CGI was very well integrated, very impressive. The pacing was great - intense all the way through. They built up tension and anticipation so well, and then kept it up all movie. Also, the style the movie was presented and shot in really added a feel of grittiness and realism - not once did I think "what huge production values", even though it's obvious that they had them.

Finally, the thing that really got me was how deep the movie is. There are so many layers to it, and so many subtle choices they made to get you out of your comfort zone and then mirror your feelings to what was happening onscreen. The worst of humanity is displayed, along with some brief shining moments of the best, and not all of it done by the humans. There are metaphors and parallels everywhere, some not evident until further reflection. What a show!

SilverRex
08-15-2009, 10:56 AM
oh did I mention they only spent 30 million on the movie? that is some low cost high return, can you imagine if they make 200-300 million on it how much money they would be able to make the next one better then you could have the prawns coming back to declare war on man kind to safe their own kind, there going to be two fractions of humans that are either on the prawns side or humanitys side.

flipstah
08-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell
UNREAL! This movie was so well done it's hard to believe. Where do I start?

The CGI was very well integrated, very impressive. The pacing was great - intense all the way through. They built up tension and anticipation so well, and then kept it up all movie. Also, the style the movie was presented and shot in really added a feel of grittiness and realism - not once did I think "what huge production values", even though it's obvious that they had them.

Finally, the thing that really got me was how deep the movie is. There are so many layers to it, and so many subtle choices they made to get you out of your comfort zone and then mirror your feelings to what was happening onscreen. The worst of humanity is displayed, along with some brief shining moments of the best, and not all of it done by the humans. There are metaphors and parallels everywhere, some not evident until further reflection. What a show!

Took the words right out my mouth. It was an awesome movie and was totally worth seeing it.

The effects were unreal, both visually and mentally. Surely, this will trump GI Joe. :thumbsup:

eglove
08-15-2009, 11:36 AM
the only thing i didn't like about it was the goddamn shakey cam. :banghead:

xLostx
08-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Saw it last night, really enjoyed it and it's a great movie but yeah, there be some plot holes and details left out that could have helped make it better

flipstah
08-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Got bored at work so I drew something on the 'Information' board.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n205/dj_flipster/MNUIT.jpg

Tram Common
08-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by xLostx
Saw it last night, really enjoyed it and it's a great movie but yeah, there be some plot holes and details left out that could have helped make it better

I don't understand, what plot holes? Seriously, be more specific, because every question I had was answered...I think you may have simply missed things.

Nav13
08-15-2009, 02:08 PM
It was alright, I thought the whole Idea of it being a documnetary of sorts at the beginging and the words at the end trying to make it seem like a true story were completley cheesy. I dunno, when the nerds in the theatre clap at certain parts of the movie it just ruins it for me. Good not great.

Tram Common
08-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Nav13
It was alright, I thought the whole Idea of it being a documnetary of sorts at the beginging and the words at the end trying to make it seem like a true story were completley cheesy. I dunno, when the nerds in the theatre clap at certain parts of the movie it just ruins it for me. Good not great.

Dude, you obviously should have not gone to see a huge sci-fi movie then...

HyperZell
08-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex
oh did I mention they only spent 30 million on the movie? that is some low cost high return, can you imagine if they make 200-300 million on it how much money they would be able to make the next one better then you could have the prawns coming back to declare war on man kind to safe their own kind, there going to be two fractions of humans that are either on the prawns side or humanitys side.

It's like words took on a life of their own, decided not to make any sense and then just fell out of your mouth.

403Gemini
08-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Just got back from seeing a 4 pm showing... easily greatest movie ive seen in A LONG time.

XylathaneGTR
08-15-2009, 06:52 PM
I just saw it too and it was fantastic...I loved it.
As I was leaving, a couple of nerds were discussing "plot holes" in the movie and why it sucked. Pfft!

Trini
08-16-2009, 12:41 AM
Just saw it, place was packed

loved it.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dirtsniffer
08-16-2009, 01:00 AM
i dragged the girl friend to the movie and even she liked it..

nodoubtt
08-16-2009, 02:56 AM

It's like words took on a life of their own, decided not to make any sense and then just fell out of your mouth.

uhhh what? lol his post made perfect sense. thats exactly how i could see a sequel unfolding

Tram Common
08-16-2009, 04:07 AM
IMDB Top 100 already.

It's given #78 for some reason, clearly it's higher than that, the rating for it is 9.0/10...which ties it with The Godfather: Part Two for the #3 spot.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1136608/

Director is Canadian as well, makes it that more sweet.

HyperZell
08-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by nodoubtt

uhhh what? lol his post made perfect sense. thats exactly how i could see a sequel unfolding

It wasn't the content of his post that was the problem, but if I need to explain that to you, then you are likely in the same boat.

dirtsniffer
08-16-2009, 08:23 AM
^^^ the boat full of literates? :dunno:

Xtrema
08-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Tram Common

I don't understand, what plot holes? Seriously, be more specific, because every question I had was answered...I think you may have simply missed things.

1) why is only the 1 alien that smart? While the others are so dumb?

2) if the weapons can only be used by the aliens and the tech is far superior, why not fight the humans instead sort of enslaved by them? If it's cat food they want, the robot suit alone can wipe out the Nigerians.

3) Why fly to the ship in the first place if mothership can come over and beam it up? If 1 missile can shoot it down, why can't they shoot 5 more and just total it while it's getting beamed up?

There may be a few others but these are the ones I remember.

But none of the less, it is the best Sci Fi since The Matrix. CGI is believable. The shaky cam is a good choice in the beginning but should be tone down a lot more toward the end.

We need more movies like this. We need to prove that we don't need expensive stars to drive a movie. Unknowns are sometimes way better.

flipstah
08-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

2) if the weapons can only be used by the aliens and the tech is far superior, why not fight the humans instead sort of enslaved by them? If it's cat food they want, the robot suit alone can wipe out the Nigerians.

3) Why fly to the ship in the first place if mothership can come over and beam it up? If 1 missile can shoot it down, why can't they shoot 5 more and just total it while it's getting beamed up?

But none of the less, it is the best Sci Fi since The Matrix. CGI is believable. The shaky cam is a good choice in the beginning but should be tone down a lot more toward the end.

1.) Maybe that one alien is the only smart one, the 'captain' of the ship that brought all of the aliens to South Africa? He DID have a bad-ass vest on.

2.) The remainder of the population were inferior and couldn't work it? Or they think that the human treatment is better than what they'll get back at home so they just take it?

3.) Out of range on both counts. That and because that bald guy is stupid and didn't command them to.

Haha I can't believe you made me think about the possibilities. I didn't think about them till you mentioned them.

Over-analyzation FTL.

Xtrema
08-16-2009, 09:08 AM
The bald guys definitely want it down but choose to use RPG instead which is highly inaccurate, like WTF.

Strange choice in subtitling Africans speaking English. I understand them quite well and subtitles can be distracting a bit.

08-16-2009, 09:20 AM
My biggest question that I didnt get answered and was really wanting to find out was this:

If they arrived 20 years ago and were trapt in their ship for some unknown reason, the humans had to drill a hole in the fucker to get em out...

20 years later, all he needed was a tiny bit of fuel to get the little ship back to the mothership and fly home..... so clearly the mothership was in working condition - why the fuck were they all trapped up and screwed in the first place if the ship was operable?

IF they answered that question in the movie then great Ill have to go see it again.

403Gemini
08-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

We need more movies like this. We need to prove that we don't need expensive stars to drive a movie. Unknowns are sometimes way better.

1. Nobody knows what that ship was for. It could have been a mining vessel, or a transport ship. If you were a miner and sent to space and your ship crashed, could you fly it back home? Like one of the reporters/scientists said who was getting "interviewed", they lost their leadership - put 1 million humans in a situation of chaos and no laws or leadership... what the hell do you think would happen?

2. If you landed on a planet with only about 1 million humans vs a 6 billion alien population, would you start a war? Just like the Jews in WW2, they outnumbered the nazi soldiers in the concentration camps and probably could have fought back, but instead thought it better to be more passive and hope for the best.

3. Smaller ship = much faster than the mother ship. Why didn't they blow it up? If you found a small dropship, would you want to blow it up? I sure as shit wouldn't. Think of the technological advancements you could learn from that alone. They had no idea it was under there until it emerged.

Originally posted by 410440
My biggest question that I didnt get answered and was really wanting to find out was this:

If they arrived 20 years ago and were trapt in their ship for some unknown reason, the humans had to drill a hole in the fucker to get em out...

20 years later, all he needed was a tiny bit of fuel to get the little ship back to the mothership and fly home..... so clearly the mothership was in working condition - why the fuck were they all trapped up and screwed in the first place if the ship was operable?

IF they answered that question in the movie then great Ill have to go see it again.

Yeah Matt, that was my only question as well. Because they got that fuel from their own technology - so if they were locked inside the ship for 3 years before even making human contact, why couldn't they have siphoned enough in that time? Maybe because it took 20 years to collect that certain amount... I don't really know. IF there is a sequel (I almost dont want there to be one) , maybe they'll explain it.

Tram Common
08-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Yeah Matt, that was my only question as well. Because they got that fuel from their own technology - so if they were locked inside the ship for 3 years before even making human contact, why couldn't they have siphoned enough in that time? Maybe because it took 20 years to collect that certain amount... I don't really know. IF there is a sequel (I almost dont want there to be one) , maybe they'll explain it.

They already did explain it...jesus did you guys actually watch this movie??

They had to collect the "juice" from the piece of the ship that dropped out during arrival. Remember, they showed it dropping and that one guy being interviewed explained that the human engineers concluded that without that piece, the whole ship would not be able to leave the atmosphere.

That's why they needed the smaller ship...not to simply get back up to the mothership. The small ship was essentially the replacement piece for the piece that dropped out...hence, once it was back in place, the ship worked again.

You guys should watch the film again, and pay better attention...everything was answered.

ekguy
08-16-2009, 12:07 PM
My gf knew I was looking forward to this movie for a while so she brought me to it yesterday and we were both on the edge of our seats (figuratively not literally) for the entire movie. She left to get our refill when they started torturing him for his arm.

The concept was amazing, the acting was quite fantastic, the graphics unreal and the story was moving despite the fact it was a sci-fi. Lot's of real human emotions in this one.

403Gemini
08-16-2009, 12:22 PM

They already did explain it...jesus did you guys actually watch this movie??

They had to collect the "juice" from the piece of the ship that dropped out during arrival. Remember, they showed it dropping and that one guy being interviewed explained that the human engineers concluded that without that piece, the whole ship would not be able to leave the atmosphere.

That's why they needed the smaller ship...not to simply get back up to the mothership. The small ship was essentially the replacement piece for the piece that dropped out...hence, once it was back in place, the ship worked again.

You guys should watch the film again, and pay better attention...everything was answered.

No, I did catch that on the interview. But it was all speculation on the humans part regarding the piece that fell. The piece that fell wasnt a required part of the ship and the dropship didnt replace it, the piece that fell WAS the dropship.

Tram Common
08-16-2009, 12:36 PM

No, I did catch that on the interview. But it was all speculation on the humans part regarding the piece that fell. The piece that fell wasnt a required part of the ship and the dropship didnt replace it, the piece that fell WAS the dropship.

...ok...speculation or not, it was hinted that that was what was going on...so boom, question one answered. Read the production notes, it's what Blomkamp intended.

Also, can you just read what you said there again.

The piece that fell wasn't replaced by the dropship. It was instead replaced by the dropship...

...I think you're just being ignorant now because you realized that you missed something.

The piece that fell had the juice required to fix the dropship. Fact.

The dropship replaced the piece that fell. Fact.

Once it was back in place, the mothership worked.

Where's the problem here?

403Gemini
08-16-2009, 02:58 PM
I always wonder why people take criticisms about movies so personally. Tram I'm not saying it's a bad movie, far from it. I said it's probably one of the greatest movies i've ever seen, but all movies have plot holes (don't even get me started on the matrix).

You're talking about a piece that fell from the mothership and you are assuming it is just some random piece (engine part, batter, etc), whatever it may be... my hypothesis is what "fell" from the mothership was actually the dropship itself and not just a random part.

Now stop getting your panties in a knot and thinking you are the most educated person on this movie just because you added a picture from it to your sig :rolleyes:

edit: thinking about it some more and talking about it with my roommates, the piece that fell was likely the dropship AND the control module for the entire mothership which would make a lot more sense, so in theory is what I was saying and what you were saying Tram ;) I don't know if this is the point you were trying to convey, but it just seemed like you had the idea it was just a random part that the aliens built and replaced in district 9.

flipstah
08-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Can't we all just get along?! :(

This is what the prawns want.

403Gemini
08-16-2009, 03:06 PM
So if there is a sequel, what do you think will happen? Will the Prawns bring war? Or will they just take their kin and leave ...and if anything, we'll be the ones to instigate war?

Tram Common
08-16-2009, 03:47 PM
edit: thinking about it some more and talking about it with my roommates, the piece that fell was likely the dropship AND the control module for the entire mothership which would make a lot more sense, so in theory is what I was saying and what you were saying Tram ;) I don't know if this is the point you were trying to convey, but it just seemed like you had the idea it was just a random part that the aliens built and replaced in district 9.

Haha, that's exactly what I'm getting at, and it's not me claiming this as fact either...it's the director himself.

This film had over a years worth of production notes. That's why when I say, "they answered everything"...if you pay really close attention -or have read through pages and pages of production notes- you will realize that they really did answer everything.

For the sequel...I have no idea. One of the DP's mentioned that the next movie might not be a sequel, but a prequel. IE, the arrival and the first 20-years of District 9...answering why that piece fell from the ship to begin with and why they had to crash land on Earth.

...I'm not sure which they will do, but one thing I can guarantee is that it will be thoroughly thought through...and have quite the cult following by then.

Also, it just fell from #3 to #4. :(

I loved this film, but I realize it may not be someones cup-'o-tea. It's a super heavy sci-fi movie, that alone eliminates a huge section of viewers.

403Gemini
08-16-2009, 04:49 PM
My gf is probably the furthest thing from a sci-fi fan, but she loved this flick. I think if people went into it with an open mind they would be pretty shocked and enjoy the film.

no_joke
08-16-2009, 05:36 PM

This film had over a years worth of production notes. That's why when I say, "they answered everything"...if you pay really close attention -or have read through pages and pages of production notes- you will realize that they really did answer everything.

Are these production notes available online?

LadyLuck
08-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Why you guys over-think everything this much is beyond me lol.

I loved it, and would totally see it again.

nodoubtt
08-16-2009, 06:40 PM

It wasn't the content of his post that was the problem, but if I need to explain that to you, then you are likely in the same boat.

then what? that it was a run on sentence and not proper grammar? it's the internet, not an english essay, get over yourself. it was clear enough for everyone to understand after one read.

HyperZell
08-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by nodoubtt

then what? that it was a run on sentence and not proper grammar? it's the internet, not an english essay, get over yourself. it was clear enough for everyone to understand after one read.

I didn't really have anything else to say, but since you insist, maybe I should point out that the internet is not (or should not be) a trigger point for forgetting how to communicate. There was a bunch of things wrong with the post, but alright, it's not the end of the world. What makes me laugh are people like you (who are you anyways?) that think using proper grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, etc. is akin to writing an essay. Get over myself? You first.

Tram Common
08-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by no_joke

Are these production notes available online?

I have a hard copy of them from a friend who went to school in Vancouver with Blomkamp back in the day. He worked on the film as a DP.

They must be online somewhere though. If I manage to find them I will link them. I have three of maybe 500...they're quite intense.

nodoubtt
08-16-2009, 10:03 PM

I didn't really have anything else to say, but since you insist, maybe I should point out that the internet is not (or should not be) a trigger point for forgetting how to communicate. There was a bunch of things wrong with the post, but alright, it's not the end of the world. What makes me laugh are people like you (who are you anyways?) that think using proper grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, etc. is akin to writing an essay. Get over myself? You first.

lol im not saying its akin to an essay, but you seem to treat it as such. why would you get yourself upset over someone's post anyways?
and who am i? uhh just an anonymous person on the interwebs, pretty much like everyone else here

b_t
08-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Just saw it tonight, such a sick movie.. one of the best I've seen this summer, just as good as Star Trek. So I guess that would make it only the second good movie to come out in the whole season :rofl:

beecue
08-17-2009, 01:13 AM
Just came back and it was awesome. I still think Star Trek was the best movie of the summer but this was pretty close for me. This could have been Halo and it would have been awesome. Maybe it was a practice movie, hopefully Peter Jackson still does it instead of the rumored Speilberg.

Destinova403
08-17-2009, 01:32 AM
saw this earlier this evening and i was absolutely blown away.

i almost hope that they dont come up with a sequel... the movie will lose a lot of its mystique and turn into another star wars or something.

snoop101
08-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Seen it last night. Very awesome movie. Theres so much more to this movie then what it seems. The first 20 min to me were intresting, but slow. Then I started to really get into it.

I cant wait till the next one. We are going to pay for what we have done.

Kloubek
08-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Rated very well at Rotten Tomatoes....

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/district_9/

cityhunter2501
08-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Went to see it yesterday with a bunch of friends, went there with 0 idea what the movie was about other than a sci-fi with aliens.

first 20mins felt dragging, some of us almost fell asleep at some point but it got entertaining afterwards.
really great movie, one of those that you have to rewatch again in case you've missed something.
i hope the leave it as it and dont make a 2nd one.

Crymson
08-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Wicked movie. Have to go see it again, as we were somewhat lat to the showing and had to sit very close. It was hard following the picture and reading the subtitles at that distance. Definatly one of the best, if not the best, movie i've seen so far this year.

Tram Common
08-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Rated very well at Rotten Tomatoes....

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/district_9/

Man, fuck Rotten Tomatoes, it's #4 on IMDB.

b_t
08-17-2009, 02:01 PM

Man, fuck Rotten Tomatoes, it's #4 on IMDB.

jesus it was #70 when I looked yesterday.. that's a little overhyped I think.

its #26 now.. the fanboy war on IMDB will continue. I figure it'll stay mid-pack on the top 250.

Tram Common
08-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by b_t

jesus it was #70 when I looked yesterday.. that's a little overhyped I think.

its #26 now.. the fanboy war on IMDB will continue. I figure it'll stay mid-pack on the top 250.

No, it's #4, look at it's score. They de-rate it simply because it doesn't have as many votes as some of the others...which is stupid in my opinion.

EDIT - It's now tied with Pulp Fiction for #5. I don't think it's over-hyped...it was a brilliant film.

I'll bet it stays top 10. Which is a fucking feat in its own...simply being in the top 250 of that list is a huge theatrical achievement.

5t3v3
08-17-2009, 10:16 PM
I loved it.
And I'm also very glad I avoided watching trailers and reviews at all cost 'cus I knew they would give away so much.

After I watched the movie, I looked up the trailers and wow ... they DID give away lots in the trailer. Why could they not just stick with the teaser trailer that didn't give away anything?

FUck, I hate Hollywood for this reason.

Disoblige
08-17-2009, 10:32 PM
I don't know what they would do as a sequel, but it would be cool to see a District 10 movie (relocation to District 10?).

It can be a good sequel if they do it right. Hopefully they stick with not having those A-list actors and work more on special effects and other cool shit like weaponry, etc.

And last but not least, don't let Michael Bay take over the role of directing.

soupey
08-17-2009, 10:34 PM
put me, my gf, and her cousin to sleep. i thought it was terrible.

Isaiah
08-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by soupey
put me, my gf, and her cousin to sleep. i thought it was terrible.

If her cousin is hot, you should rent it when it hits video and talk em into watching it in your room.

snoop101
08-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
I don't know what they would do as a sequel, but it would be cool to see a District 10 movie (relocation to District 10?).

It can be a good sequel if they do it right. Hopefully they stick with not having those A-list actors and work more on special effects and other cool shit like weaponry, etc.

I think its pretty obvious that they will make a second. The Prawn even said it. (not going to say anymore for people who havent watched it).

On a side note.... any of you computer geeks spot the Old Dell GX computer?

Sykes
08-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by snoop101

On a side note.... any of you computer geeks spot the Old Dell GX computer?

HAHA... I acutally did notice that :P

I think there will be a sequel.

Xtrema
08-18-2009, 12:51 AM
^ I hope not. It's gonna end up like Matrix.

sputnik
08-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by 5t3v3
I loved it.
And I'm also very glad I avoided watching trailers and reviews at all cost 'cus I knew they would give away so much.

After I watched the movie, I looked up the trailers and wow ... they DID give away lots in the trailer. Why could they not just stick with the teaser trailer that didn't give away anything?

FUck, I hate Hollywood for this reason.

I am pretty sure the trailer only appears to give away the plot AFTER you watch the entire movie and understand the full context of what you are seeing.

Sorath
08-18-2009, 08:13 AM
i thought it was "ok"

but the alien wearing the pink bra was pretty funny

flipstah
08-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
i thought it was "ok"

but the alien wearing the pink bra was pretty funny

Relax, we don't need any inter-species lurking going on. :rofl:

petoria
08-18-2009, 09:43 AM
really great movie :thumbsup:
anyone know how the prawns and humans understand eachother?

flipstah
08-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by petoria
really great movie :thumbsup:
anyone know how the prawns and humans understand eachother?

From what transpired, it looked like only Vikas(?) was the only one who understood. Sorry! Gave away something. :(

403Gemini
08-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

From what transpired, it looked like only Vikas(?) was the only one who understood. Sorry! Gave away something. :(

looked like most of the MNU agents understood, i'd guess 25 years of co-existance you probably would learn their language.

Spoons
08-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

I am almost certain they will do a sequel. It leaves it pretty open for one, plus with the reviews it got and the killer coin they are probably making, they would be stupid not to let the cash train continue.

As for the trailers revealing to much... How? From what I got from the trailers was going to be another alien movie where shit gets fucked up and the human race some how ends up on top. What I saw was nothing like it. This movie was about much MUCH more than just aliens.

If it put you to sleep I have a feeling that you didn't fully understand what they were getting at with this movie. If you understood the underlying message, you would have thought it was amazing.

Hakkola
08-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Spoons

If it put you to sleep I have a feeling that you didn't fully understand what they were getting at with this movie. If you understood the underlying message, you would have thought it was amazing.

Nope. I understand the message and I thought it was directed well, effects were good, but I hated almost all of the characters which made it a good movie for me but not amazing.

b_t
08-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Spoons

Problem with that is.. if you were too dumb to understand the message, then the big gunfights and action scenes should have appealed to you. So if you somehow all at once did not appreciate the action, the story, the characters, the effects, and the good pacing, then what kind of movie would you even enjoy?

Moreover, falling asleep through this movie = impossible. Too loud. So its a stupid exaggeration for one thing, and this is a movie that works on so many levels I don't see how you couldn't like anything about it.

Tram Common
08-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by b_t

Problem with that is.. if you were too dumb to understand the message, then the big gunfights and action scenes should have appealed to you. So if you somehow all at once did not appreciate the action, the story, the characters, the effects, and the good pacing, then what kind of movie would you even enjoy?

Moreover, falling asleep through this movie = impossible. Too loud. So its a stupid exaggeration for one thing, and this is a movie that works on so many levels I don't see how you couldn't like anything about it.

Some people don't like sci-fi. You need to remember this is "The Heart 'O The New West!!" Cowboys and real men don't need no aliens comin 'round therm." YEEE-HAW!!!! [Shotgun boom][Shotgun bang][/Shotgun sounds].

Also, some people just have bad taste in movies and there's no justifying why.

flipstah
08-18-2009, 01:07 PM

looked like most of the MNU agents understood, i'd guess 25 years of co-existance you probably would learn their language.

It seemed like they were just yelling commands and shooting them....

HyperZell
08-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

It seemed like they were just yelling commands and shooting them....

Well, they weren't. I got the impression that they were able to communicate just fine.

And I think the guy's name is spelled "Wikus", which is not a name I've ever seen before, but I'm not exactly in South Africa all of the time (or the Netherlands, which seems to be where he's from?)

Hakkola
08-18-2009, 02:39 PM

Well, they weren't. I got the impression that they were able to communicate just fine.
but I'm not exactly in South Africa all of the time (or the Netherlands, which seems to be where he's from?)

Yup, they could communicate fine, it's just that with differences in physiology it's impossible to speak the other's language, but they can understand it.

There are many people of Dutch descent in South Africa.

HyperZell
08-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Yup, they could communicate fine, it's just that with differences in physiology it's impossible to speak the other's language, but they can understand it.

There are many people of Dutch descent in South Africa.

*cough*Apartheid*cough*