PDA

View Full Version : Internation stereo good or bad?

Hollywood
10-23-2003, 01:26 PM
International stereo. Are these guys shady or trustworthy? Anyone have any experience with them? Some prices look good for TV's.

SinisterProbeGt
10-23-2003, 02:04 PM
price are good on there eletronics but over rpiced on the speakers
try and get them to make you a package deal on every thing inc some speakers they tend to sell all the eletronics at cost and bump up the price of the speakers then at the end just say you want every thing but the speakers and there fucked Thats what I did and got a kill deal in a in dash

GTS Jeff
10-23-2003, 03:00 PM
they are total sales sharks. did u know that their sales process involves THREE salesman going at you thru out the sale? its really high pressure.

that, and the guys dont know too much about what theyre selling. then again, most salesmen at those sorts of places dont.

Hollywood
10-23-2003, 03:09 PM
Hmmmm anyone have any returns with them? That's one of my things is that I'm scared that there kinda a small company so the bigger ones tend to make it easier to return stuff w/problems or defective.

jdmakkord
10-23-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
Hmmmm anyone have any returns with them? That's one of my things is that I'm scared that there kinda a small company so the bigger ones tend to make it easier to return stuff w/problems or defective.

Check their "Sale" prices, and they are the same as the shelf prices at Audio concepts:rofl:

Weapon_R
10-23-2003, 04:40 PM
I would STAY away. They are aggressive, and they will not readily accept returns easily.

hinggu
10-23-2003, 04:59 PM
hmmm.. my experience wasn't that bad at international stereo. Got a killer deal on some MB Quart Subs. But I do notice that they are a little too aggressive.....

Ajay
10-23-2003, 05:21 PM
GTS Jeff said it best.....they're total sharks and every time I've gone in there the dudes I talk to know NOTHING about their products.

I'de definetly stay away from International Stereo but I agree some of their prices are pretty sweet. They had a 20" Toshiba flat screen I've wanted for quite some time for $300...definetly cheaper than alot of other places I've checked.

My advice to you....research what you want and if they carry the same product just go in and tell them exactly what you want and get out.

I just think they're kinda shady.

Wildcat
10-23-2003, 05:34 PM
i went to international stereo once...

the car audio stuff is at the back of the store right? (in chinook anyways)... by the time i got to the back i got asked "hows it goin'? can i help you?" at least a dozen times

when i went to look at a sub ther was literally 5 guys standing around me trying to talk to me... im like;

"fuck it, im out." and i walked my ass out of that store as fast as i could... funny thing is, 3 or 4 guys were still trying to talk and show me some useless shit as i kept on walking faster...

oh god i felt like a whore.

jdmakkord
10-23-2003, 05:35 PM
Irrational stereo and scamsaround suck ass!!!

EG STyLeZ
10-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

:werd: Both those places are very greedy.

xkon
10-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Irrational stereo and scamsaround suck ass!!! :werd:

i went to int'l stereo with my gf JUST TO LOOK and was harrassed by 3 people to buy some speakers... told them off and left

then my gf thought she found a 'sale' on a pioneer deck and got it for me for xmas last year... good thing i found it under the bed! She got ripped for like $150 more than future shop was advertising! So we took it back, only to find a 'no return' policy... had to literally fight them for a fucking refund!

I hate them and never will give them my business... ever

Hollywood
10-23-2003, 06:16 PM
K good to know. Skip them.

Who else is good to deal with and have top prices on TV's? Are'nt they all scammers ie: soundsaround, FS, visions etc..?

Weapon_R
10-23-2003, 06:19 PM
With FS and Visions, you have 30 days to return without problem. Soundsaround usually sells its well-priced material "FINAL SALE" so you are fucked if something happens.

Why not check out some places like Walmart :D THey have a lifetime return policy and they have the best prices - besides, they have flat screen TV's galore.

jdmakkord
10-23-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
K good to know. Skip them.

Who else is good to deal with and have top prices on TV's? Are'nt they all scammers ie: soundsaround, FS, visions etc..?

I would have to say future shop, and visions. Price compare between the two and get them to match or beat the competitors.

pinoyhero
10-23-2003, 06:31 PM
On boxing day, one of the sales girsl actually told me that I should buy the product I was looking at beacuse they were "selling like hot cakes". I pretty much had to leave ASAP so I didn't laugh in her face. That place reminds me of international clothes for electronics.

KoukiS14
10-23-2003, 06:33 PM

:rofl:

So true,

Irrational Stereo has kids on the sales floor that know less than the average chimpanzee and as for Soundsaround i love the "let me go check with my manager"

ACS-e36
10-23-2003, 06:36 PM
i thought it was pretty easy to deal with them.... just stick with the price that you want

civic_stylez
10-23-2003, 06:37 PM
buddy there tried to sell me 10000$ home theater speakers and was like take em now dont pay for 10 years.. ok jackass... and he asked my girlfriend for her phone # when i was looking around! im gonna bomb that place. guy looked like a fuckin criminal too.. tatoos on his face and throat.. probably some parole job he hooked up.

jdmakkord
10-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
buddy there tried to sell me 10000$ home theater speakers and was like take em now dont pay for 10 years.. ok jackass... and he asked my girlfriend for her phone # when i was looking around! im gonna bomb that place. guy looked like a fuckin criminal too.. tatoos on his face and throat.. probably some parole job he hooked up.

Let me guess, The Nuance "rep" was in, and they had a deal for you....right?
Fuck, even scamsaround got rid of Nuance and of course it wound up there.

That.Guy.S30
10-23-2003, 06:45 PM
dont even bother buyin stuff there unless you know someone. their return policy is just as good as soundsarounds... the speakers suck so much that they dont give you any specs on anythin whatsoever about them. for tv's just go to futrueshop. im pretty sure their prices are lower too and they have qualified staff

civic_stylez
10-23-2003, 08:07 PM

Let me guess, The Nuance "rep" was in, and they had a deal for you....right?
Fuck, even scamsaround got rid of Nuance and of course it wound up there.

you got it man... he tried to sell me the "nuance experience" howd ya guess??:thumbsup:

Wildcat
10-23-2003, 08:15 PM
no ones actually mentioned the brick, buying stuff from them isnt so bad half the time... it depends which associate helps you, just dont buy any tagged stuff off the floor, your pretty much gaurenteed it wont work :D

and you dont have to pay for a couple years, intrest free... just dont wait after the 2 year period.. otherwise the intrest will hit ya like a sock full of quarters.. ;)

B69
10-23-2003, 09:23 PM
that place is hurt i worked there its horrible its all about them ripping people off

GTS Jeff
10-24-2003, 12:22 AM
haha the nuance guy goes to FS occasionally...but he refuses to demo any cd other than the nuance cd....

Ajay
10-24-2003, 02:32 AM
Yah that's the thing with the Nuance speakers.....they cost about $3 to make literally but they sound amazing because of the way their demo cd is burned.

I have a friend who ended up buying a set of Nuance speakers from International Stereo and they don't sound bad.....well they do but the kicker is he signed up on their no interest no payment card as well. Motherfucker didn't talk to me before he went and did all this.

AaronS13
10-24-2003, 10:11 PM
hahaha.. yeah, my sister's boyfriend used to work at Intl Stereo... I bought the nuance surround set for a pretty decent price...

but man... they are horrible for their customer service.... they attack you and won't leave you alone...

the nuance rep (who now is apparently the manager at Scumridge) remembered me from buying the first setup... he offered me some nuance speakers that were like 10ft tall... they were monsters... apparently they are 14K... he's like i'll give them to you for 5K.... they sounded like ass...

so i walked out...

Redlyne_mr2
10-25-2003, 05:50 PM
Why not just go to a small specialized stereo shop, best service, and often price as well.

3G
10-25-2003, 05:54 PM
They can lick my balls :thumbsdow

cp1
10-27-2003, 05:35 PM
International is place for thieves and crooks, i went in looking for a new head unit and the guy was talking about trying to get with some 14 year old girls and other really sick stuff, he also tried to tell me that i didnt have a panasonic deck already and that panasonic never made my deck... i dont know what you need to work there but ive also been in the one in edmonton and holy crap... dont ever buy anything from this company! bunch of thieves and scammers = oh and have lotsa fun returning ANYTHING! my friend got screwed bad...

3G
10-27-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by cp1
i went in looking for a new head unit and the guy was talking about trying to get with some 14 year old girls and other really sick stuff

Peds :thumbsdow :barf: :barf:

hjr
10-28-2003, 02:33 PM
that is the worst stereo place ever. i would pay more somewhere else rather than shop there. Course it is funny to pretend to buy shit their and get the salesmen all rilled up. they have the heaviest pressure sales anywhere.

Import_Girl
10-31-2003, 09:37 AM
I had really good experience there a few weeks ago, we git a kick ass deal on nuance front and rear speakers. they almost cut the $$ in half for us, and threw in $200 nuance speaker stands. For package deals they are the best we have had so far. No other place was willing to hagel as much with us.

GTS Jeff
10-31-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Import_Girl
I had really good experience there a few weeks ago, we git a kick ass deal on nuance front and rear speakers. they almost cut the $$ in half for us, and threw in $200 nuance speaker stands. For package deals they are the best we have had so far. No other place was willing to hagel as much with us. lol u are so owned. u THINK ure getting such a deal while the salesmen there are thinking "haha what a dumbass customer...she thought she was getting a deal because we gave a discount on our overinflated price but we still scored big money plus we sold her a shitty set of nuance speakers"

for example. do u honestly think a set of speaker stands is really worth $200 just cuz mr. salesman says so? they probably cost the store like $20. and as for cutting the price in half on the package, sure, they can do that when they sell stuff for double or triple their cost.

u got owned.

PGTze
11-01-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
no ones actually mentioned the brick, buying stuff from them isnt so bad half the time... it depends which associate helps you, just dont buy any tagged stuff off the floor, your pretty much gaurenteed it wont work :D

and you dont have to pay for a couple years, intrest free... just dont wait after the 2 year period.. otherwise the intrest will hit ya like a sock full of quarters.. ;)

Ha I work at the Brick:thumbsup:. At least if you tell the salesmen there that your just looking around they will leave you alone. I've been to the international stereo at chinook twice, I don't think I'll ever go back, you would swear that all those sales guys were trying to gang rape you prison style. They all seem to swarm around you, and when your trying to look at shit, they stand litterally about 3 inches away from you feeding you their BS.

IS = Lame

That.Guy.S30
11-01-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
lol u are so owned. u THINK ure getting such a deal while the salesmen there are thinking "haha what a dumbass customer...she thought she was getting a deal because we gave a discount on our overinflated price but we still scored big money plus we sold her a shitty set of nuance speakers"

for example. do u honestly think a set of speaker stands is really worth $200 just cuz mr. salesman says so? they probably cost the store like $20. and as for cutting the price in half on the package, sure, they can do that when they sell stuff for double or triple their cost.

u got owned.

i agree with jeff on this one.. haah i used to work there.. the speakers are worth as much as dirty whore is in vietnam.. hahaahahahhaah they dont even give you specs on the speakers..good speakers always have specs on freq, distortion or whatever.. they basically tell you how good it is and give you that stupid ass demo in that god damn room with their stupid ass cd.. sometimes deals are too good to be true..