PDA

View Full Version : Possible reason for RHD ban in Quebec

SRT10Killer
05-04-2009, 10:51 AM
(SEE 5th POST FOR LINKS, Copy/Paste does not work for some reason)

From IVOAC

"
Just stumbled across this little gem put out by our friends at CADA (Canadian Automobile Dealers Association) published April 20th: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/April2009/20/c3089.html
If you read near the bottom they go on to spout off on how dangerous RHD vehicles are because they do not comply with CMVSS and say they are environmentally unfriendly due to their age, and quote the ICBC study.

They also recently published their own report on RHD called "Right Hand Drive Wrong for Canada" which they are lobbying the gov't with: http://www.cada.ca/Uploads/PDFS/public/gr_EN-2009-04-Right_Hand_Drive.pdf
""
E-mail your opinion to [email protected] if you like corruption or not :)

I think it should say ""Right Hand Drive Wrong for Canadian Auto Dealers""

Follow www.ivoac.ca this will get good trust me :)

Mibz
05-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Double link fail

kenny
05-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Corruption? :facepalm:

SRT10Killer
05-04-2009, 11:11 AM
see post below

SRT10Killer
05-04-2009, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SRT10Killer
[B]
The links don't work for some reason when I copy /paste them,

Here is the direct page for the links it's the first post

http://forum.ivoac.ca/showthread.php?t=2542

clem24
05-04-2009, 01:33 PM
I can think of a million reasons to ban RHD cars. But of course, that won't be "fair" and all the die hard "fans" will have their panties in a bunch. Just like how gun owners need to have their guns.

First, I say be grateful we even have such a law. Second, raise the age limit for ownership to say, 25 and/or must have had a valid driver's license for x years (like 2-3). Or.... Special vehicle class - people have to take a road test in an RHD. Anything... ANYTHING to weed out all the punks/ricers in their JDMs.

Trini
05-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by clem24
I can think of a million reasons to ban RHD cars. But of course, that won't be "fair" and all the die hard "fans" will have their panties in a bunch. Just like how gun owners need to have their guns.

First, I say be grateful we even have such a law. Second, raise the age limit for ownership to say, 25 and/or must have had a valid driver's license for x years (like 2-3). Or.... Special vehicle class - people have to take a road test in an RHD. Anything... ANYTHING to weed out all the punks/ricers in their JDMs.

:werd:

S13_Ryan
05-04-2009, 01:38 PM
^ +1 to that. Too many 16 and 17 year old punks ripping around irresponsibly in a car bought for them by mommy and daddy

JAYMEZ
05-04-2009, 01:48 PM

:werd: , never even thought of that.. The reason I hate JDM cars is because of the punk 16 year olds... If it was just older people , I would probably be fine with it!

SRT10Killer
05-04-2009, 02:22 PM
I totally agree with raising the age limit and or having a "RHD TEST", because they give a bad image to the rest of the RHD owners.

But please if you have a little spare time read the 1 or both reports and PAY ATTENTION TO THE WORDING, you will see how twisted and fucked it is

I think this complete horseshit of a report contributed greatly to Quebec pulling the switch.

chkolny541
05-04-2009, 04:15 PM

r3ccOs
05-04-2009, 05:27 PM
RHD JDMers shud race LHD cars for pink to take them off the Road!

lol... kidden

Honestly though, my friend with a Pajero and LJ80 TLC agrees that RHD just isn't proper for our streets... It doesn't keep him from not driving them, but usually they are only on the road until we get to an offroad park

ClearBluewater
05-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Raising age limit to drive a RHD car is gotta be the stupidest shit ive ever heard.

The test i can live with though.

JAYMEZ
05-05-2009, 08:45 AM
^^ Yes clearly its the dumbest thing you have ever heard :facepalm: ...

But anyways , doesn't look good for RHD anyways.

Tomaz
05-05-2009, 09:14 AM
A lot of the RHD cars are more suited for the road than some other crap I have seen driven around.

$3000 Silvia/Skyline or a $3000 Mustang. The only real difference I see is where the steering wheel sits. Nothing will change the kids these days. Hell, give a 16 year old a Chevy Lumina and you will find him racing it. The car has nothing to do with the mentality of drivers.

clem24
05-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz
$3000 Silvia/Skyline or a $3000 Mustang. The only real difference I see is where the steering wheel sits. Nothing will change the kids these days. Hell, give a 16 year old a Chevy Lumina and you will find him racing it. The car has nothing to do with the mentality of drivers.

Are you serious? How about left hand turns?

Originally posted by JAYMEZ

NAH man you got it all wrong.. He said it's the STUPIDEST SHIT he's ever heard. Yup. Doesn't get worse than that. :rolleyes:

Again, I just don't think it's the cars, it's the drivers. Kids getting into high powered cars for cheap. I don't mind the JDMs. Some are quite nice looking. And who the fuck wants to own dad's crap Mustang when they can have Godzilla.

phrozen
05-05-2009, 09:27 AM
A lot of the RHD cars are more suited for the road than some other crap I have seen driven around.

Yup. Either way someone's $900 Tercel is racing a $1500 Sunfire.

:banghead:

heavyD
05-05-2009, 10:02 AM

But anyways , doesn't look good for RHD anyways.

Yeah it looks like this could be the beginning of the end of RHD in Canada.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ZorroAMG
05-05-2009, 10:05 AM
My biggest pet peeve is how can I get my burger at wendy's drive thru before I go to the street races in in my SkyRine!?!

Tomaz
05-05-2009, 10:29 AM

I am just talking about the drivers never changing their habits just because of the car. RHD cars are more difficult to make left hand turns in, but taking your time and keeping a good distance from the vehicle in front of you fixes that.

ZorroAMG

My biggest pet peeve is how can I get my burger at wendy's drive thru before I go to the street races in in my SkyRine!?!

You drive a Skyrine to pick up bitches meng! Use them to pay and get the food. Your too cool to be hanging from your own window! Make the 16 year old bitch do all the work dawg!:D

sneek
05-05-2009, 10:38 AM
I wouldn't cry if they banned them. I think that if they did implement a RHD test it would be better for everyone.

On a side note, how to people with RHD cars pass on the highway safely? That might be a dumb question but in my LHD car I have enough visibility issues.

clem24
05-05-2009, 10:47 AM
but taking your time and keeping a good distance from the vehicle in front of you fixes that.

Yup... This just about describes how every RHD driver drives. :rolleyes:

SRT10Killer
05-05-2009, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by clem24

Please read, this forum is much more informative than this

it will answer questions like "how to make left hand turns" and passing highways"

http://forums.780tuners.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100017&perpage=15&pagenumber=8

heavyD
05-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by sneek
On a side note, how to people with RHD cars pass on the highway safely? That might be a dumb question but in my LHD car I have enough visibility issues.

You can't do it safely which is probably the biggest problem. You can have a passenger in the other seat telling you when it's safe but that's not what I consider 'safe'.

SRT10Killer
05-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

You can't do it safely which is probably the biggest problem. You can have a passenger in the other seat telling you when it's safe but that's not what I consider 'safe'.

Heavyd, have you ever owned a RHD car ? and have you been in those situations?

I do it safely at least 3 times a week, when I go to work, I don't have any passengers with me, also I use to alternate between 3 RHD cars.

again viewers....... see think links for credible information coming from ACTUAL rhd owners that use their cars for daily driving.

http://forums.780tuners.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1047039#post1047039

or ask on www.ivoac.ca

heavyD
05-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by SRT10Killer
Heavyd, have you ever owned a RHD car ? and have you been in those situations?

I do it safely at least 3 times a week, when I go to work, I don't have any passengers with me, also I use to alternate between 3 RHD cars.

again viewers....... see think links for credible information coming from ACTUAL rhd owners that use their cars for daily driving.

http://forums.780tuners.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1047039#post1047039

or ask on www.ivoac.ca
We didn't have RHD cars when I was a teenager so no I haven't owned one.

You do it safely or you just haven't been in an accident yet? There is no credible information that declares that it's safe to pass with a RHD car in a LHD world. Banter on a forum is not what I call credible information.

bspot
05-05-2009, 12:47 PM
About frigging time.

Anyone who thinks RHD cars are as safe as LHD cars is bad at science.

BlackArcher101
05-05-2009, 03:07 PM
It basically comes down to North American roads being designed with LHD sightlines in mind. Anyone trying to argue against that fact is a lost cause.

JTC180
05-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Honestly is RHD is banned I will just grab parts off a 240SX and do a conversion, better than scapping my car. I agree it isnt as safe, theres a lot of idiots driving them, and they dont "work". I would prefer my car to be LHD but I got the chance to buy it and I loved it. If someone offered to trade for a LHD 240SX in similar condition with a SR20 I wouldnt even think before I took that deal.

zipdoa
05-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

go to peters noob, they don't discriminate!

heavyD
05-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by JTC180
Honestly is RHD is banned I will just grab parts off a 240SX and do a conversion, better than scapping my car. I agree it isnt as safe, theres a lot of idiots driving them, and they dont "work". I would prefer my car to be LHD but I got the chance to buy it and I loved it. If someone offered to trade for a LHD 240SX in similar condition with a SR20 I wouldnt even think before I took that deal.

It's refreshing to see a RHD owner admit that it's not the ideal way to commute.

bspot
05-05-2009, 05:13 PM

It's refreshing to see a RHD owner admit that it's not the ideal way to commute.

+23

bimmaboy
05-05-2009, 06:24 PM
You may not want to hear what all these people on the internet have to say, but the fact that they've taken the time to try and help you by making their opinion known, shows that it is a really great concern to them. They don't want to be involved in a crash because some punk couldn't make a left hand turn, they want to be safe.

We don't really care how good you think your car is, you should care more about what other people think. When you drive a rhd, you give off the image that you're a 16yr old irresponsible driver, period. This is the internet and there are no stereotype exceptions, you are automatically labeled a poor driver and there's nothing you can do about it other than argue like a bunch of sissies on the web. Deep down you know that you don't buy a certain car for your own enjoyment, you buy it to impress others. So do the right thing and reconsider your vehicle choice, it'll make the forums a much friendlier place.

PS. I'm trying to find that link to an article saying that texting while driving is safer than cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

SRT10Killer
05-05-2009, 06:52 PM

We didn't have RHD cars when I was a teenager so no I haven't owned one.

You do it safely or you just haven't been in an accident yet? There is no credible information that declares that it's safe to pass with a RHD car in a LHD world. Banter on a forum is not what I call credible information.

I do it safely and never had a close call in 3 years ,it's HARDER, but not UNSAFE. It improved my judgment skills which I think the elderly could use :)

By credible I meant people that actually own rhd cars and have driven them on a daily basis.

You are not an owner and never owned one, so all you're doing is spreading propaganda like the ICBC and a few reporters. How can you or any of the other people here say what you are saying if there no LEGIT study about rhd cars being dangerous? You've never owned one for daily driving, so all you are doing is expressing your opinion which no one cares about.

heavyD you sound exactly like I would sound if I would be talking about flying a spaceship and what to watch out for, even though I've never been in one.

zipdoa
05-05-2009, 07:16 PM
news flash:

They are banned b/c the market is dominated by irresponsible drivers, ones whose only guideline for buying a car is HP.

Obviously, the cheapest and most powerful cars are RHD.

Obviously, the douchier the driver, the faster they will want to go, and the smaller amount of money they will make, so JDM is the obvious choice.

Even when I was driving my friend skyline... I couldn't help it... it just begs to be driven like shit... I think it's the side effect of testosterone and cheap HP.

SRT10Killer
05-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by bimmaboy
You may not want to hear what all these people on the internet have to say, but the fact that they've taken the time to try and help you by making their opinion known, shows that it is a really great concern to them.

How can they say what they saying if there is no actual evidence, none of them actually used a RHD car for daily driving. I don't want to hear it because they are basing their opinions on that ICBC study where it says you are 40% more likely to get in an accident when you drive rhd, so I guess all us rhd owners should at least get in to an accident 1 in 3 days that we drive every week every month, every year.

They are taking the time to spread propaganda since they are not credible, why don't you ask any rhd owner and they will tell you they have adapted within the first hour.

They don't want to be involved in a crash because some punk couldn't make a left hand turn, they want to be safe.

Again, show me the stats where it says the likelihood of getting in to a crash when rhd cars are doing left turns.
Again, referring to my previous posts cause I know you did not read them, I drove 3 different rhd cars (low/high) every day to work where I have to make left turns in rush hour, never had a close call, because I developed better judgment skills, now if you're saying I could not make a left turn and crashed cause of my judgment, not my car that's fine, but then it's not the car it's the driver aint it ???

We don't really care how good you think your car is, you should care more about what other people think. When you drive a rhd, you give off the image that you're a 16yr old irresponsible driver, period.

Again, you along with the others think that way because you ate up what the media has told you, therefore I don't care what you think because there is no LEGIT science behind it. Is that how you view every rhd driver ? 16 year old irresponsible ? okay then I view every domestic driver a redneck that's pretty fair I'd say, but hey you should care about what other people think.

This is the internet and there are no stereotype exceptions, you are automatically labeled a poor driver and there's nothing you can do about it other than argue like a bunch of sissies on the web.

LOL !, I will argue and I will be the first to post on this forum the result of all this horseshit. Too bad only a few know who the admins of IVOAC are.

Deep down you know that you don't buy a certain car for your own enjoyment, you buy it to impress others. So do the right thing and reconsider your vehicle choice, it'll make the forums a much friendlier place.

That sounds like a scene out of Jerry Springer with that racist guy talking to black people "All you need is some soap, it will make the world a much friendlier place"

you buy it to impress others

Are you serious? I bought a 5k vehicle from Japan to impress others?

Deep down you know that you don't buy a certain car for your own enjoyment, you buy it to impress others

Deep down I know that I bough the carS that I bought because they are unique, cheap, reliable, 90% of the maintenance parts I can get from auto value.

I also know deep down that I paid 1/3 of 1/2 less than you did for a similar or better performance/reliability/style car, but you will never admit that.

So do the right thing and reconsider your vehicle choice,

I will as soon as locals stop producing overpriced/bland /unreliable/ pieces of shit/ or a combination of.

I also know what's right for me thanks.

So do the right thing and stop accepting everything the media gives you and jumping onto the bandwagon with others who have an opinion and never drove/has a RHD car.

PS. I'm trying to find that link to an article saying that texting while driving is safer than cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

Are you serious ? It was a joke..

heavyD
05-05-2009, 07:58 PM
heavyD you sound exactly like I would sound if I would be talking about flying a spaceship and what to watch out for, even though I've never been in one.

I don't need to poke myself with a knife to know it's sharp just like I don't need to drive a RHD car to know it's not proper for our roads.

SRT10Killer
05-05-2009, 08:02 PM

I don't need to poke myself with a knife to know it's sharp just like I don't need to drive a RHD car to know it's not proper for our roads.

That's a good line, I should use it as an excuse to avoid brown women.

Tik-Tok
05-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I see the RHD scenario this way.

Proper driving, keeping proper distance away from a vehicle in front of you. In a LHD car, you can see almost twice as far ahead as a RHD (do the math).

Lets say you're on Highway #1, in the mountains in BC. You and a line of cars behind you come up to a giant old RV that's only going 80km/h. In order for you to get a proper line of sight, at the next legal opening for passing (dotted lines, not passing lane), you'll have to drop back twice as far. The person behind you now sees you going less than 80km/h in a 100 zone, and is thinking WTF!?!?!

Now they are going to try to pass YOU while you're deciding whether or not to pass the RV, creating a more dangerous situation.

Doesn't take another useless taxpayer funded government study to figure this out man. Just because you're a fanboy, doesn't make you right, and everyone with an ounce of sense, wrong.

Trini
05-05-2009, 08:40 PM

yet there are countries where both RHD and LHD vehicles have been driven for many years and there`s been no issues:rolleyes:

being narrow minded is a hell of a thing

yue
05-05-2009, 08:46 PM
We don't really care how good you think your car is, you should care more about what other people think.

Deep down you know that you don't buy a certain car for your own enjoyment, you buy it to impress others.

your user name in combination with your comment...i think you've re-enforced the bmw owner stereotype.

This is the internet and there are no stereotype exceptions

you said it, not me:rofl:

D. Dub
05-05-2009, 09:29 PM

it's HARDER, but not UNSAFE.

That is simply a contradiction in terms.

canuckcarguy
05-05-2009, 10:25 PM
RHD imports are going to ruin it for people who want to still import cars from outside North America. You can find some pretty cool exotics / German cars in Europe and Asia that are LHD and virtually identical to the cars exported new to North America, I just hope the government doesn't ban all imports, or move the age to 25 years.

When driving a RHD car on roads designed for LHD cars, your visibility is seriously hampered and that makes the vehicle inherently more dangerous. Is it a guarantee that you'll have an accident? No. Is it more likely? Of course. And that's even before you take into account the demographics of the driver.

I think a great solution for this would be for insurance companies to severely jack the rates on RHD daily drivers. This would allow people to still import specialty cars, especially for off-road, even if they're RHD, with the knowledge that they won't be driven often on the roads. It would also prohibit 95% of the current RHD crowd, which tends to be comprised of children driving ridiculous cars with a very limited budget.

ercchry
05-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy

When driving a RHD car on roads designed for LHD cars, your visibility is seriously hampered and that makes the vehicle inherently more dangerous. Is it a guarantee that you'll have an accident? No. Is it more likely? Of course. And that's even before you take into account the demographics of the driver.

and your source is?.... your ass?

i love when people just shoot off random shit that they just come up with, personal experience driving a rhd car lets me say that i find it more dangerous driving a large van with no side windows then a car where your view is about 6 inches to the right of where it would be in a lhd counter part

seriously.... use your head....

if i am driving in the middle of a lane in a lhd counterpart of my car i would have about 6 inches before my left wheels were on the line.... i would also have about 6 inches between my head and my passenger's head.... so if i would like to make up the difference in a rhd car... i can move over in the lane! wow! i must be a genus or something :nut:

canuckcarguy
05-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

and your source is?.... your ass?

i love when people just shoot off random shit that they just come up with, personal experience driving a rhd car lets me say that i find it more dangerous driving a large van with no side windows then a car where your view is about 6 inches to the right of where it would be in a lhd counter part

seriously.... use your head....

if i am driving in the middle of a lane in a lhd counterpart of my car i would have about 6 inches before my left wheels were on the line.... i would also have about 6 inches between my head and my passenger's head.... so if i would like to make up the difference in a rhd car... i can move over in the lane! wow! i must be a genus or something :nut:

Wow. You're really smart. Maybe a "genus", even. And you clearly have great dexterity. You can see every bit as well despite it being a physical impossibility. There is no way for you to get over to the left for visibility as far as the guy in the LHD vehicle. Period. Does it always pose a problem? No. Often enough to matter? Yes. In inherently more dangerous situations, like turning left against traffic, or passing on an undivided highway? Yes.

Plus, guess what, when you strain to the left of the lane to pass, or just to see better, you essentially ride the middle line, encroaching on the lane to your left. That's just not a helpful thing for the vast majority of us who drive cars designed for our roads.

And as for your assertion that you effectively sit only 6 inches further to the right than the driver of a LHD car? Yeah, okay. That would make your car about 12-18 inches wide, in which case, it's not a car. It's a bicycle.

sneek
05-05-2009, 10:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by clem24

Please read, this forum is much more informative than this

it will answer questions like "how to make left hand turns" and passing highways"

http://forums.780tuners.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100017&perpage=15&pagenumber=8

I have heard that before. Drop back so you can see further...I am not saying that is impossible but that means you have to make up so much more distance if you want to pass. I am not sure that is the safest thing I have ever heard. I think that you should need 3-4 years of good driving under your belt before you are allowed to get a RHD car considering these cars are at a disadvantage on the road.

ercchry
05-05-2009, 11:01 PM
EDIT:^^^ i always take the stand (lhd or rhd) if there is a risk, wait. what is the worst that is going to happen if you do not make that turn on this light or make that pass... 3 minutes later to your destination? is it worth it? nope it is not

and i too would love to seen a better licensing system in this country, something at is 2000cc and less then and advanced test above that (turbo or other forced induction would be a multiplier of 1.5x) and then a top level test for specially built performance cars or over 4000cc (in a non-truck application)

/edit

sorry boss, but i still not see any sources for your information, again until you have done it stop making shit up

turning left or passing on a highway is no more dangerous, again would feel much safer driving a little rhd sports car then a cargo van with no side rear windows. i have done both

is there different precautions that one has to make when driving on the right? sure but the same would go for a big ass truck/semi compared to a little car so to me there is no reason one should be allowed and the other not.

if it was truly as dangerous to turn left or pass as you claim then every intersection and highway would have an accident involving a rhd car every day... do you even see one accident involving a rhd car daily? no? well hell then i stand by my point that you are full of shit

and my center console in my car is about 3 inches wide.... i normally lean with my elbow resting on that when i am driving (lhd or rhd) so the difference between the placement of both? 6 inches

i dunno about you but i seem to driving around just fine without sticking my head out the left window of a car... hell i can even park in lots that have those stupid machines that you have to put cards on without getting out of the car

sneek
05-05-2009, 11:03 PM

And as for your assertion that you effectively sit only 6 inches further to the right than the driver of a LHD car? Yeah, okay. That would make your car about 12-18 inches wide, in which case, it's not a car. It's a bicycle.

+1 you are probs thinking of ear to ear. However, you are human, and you effectively see out of two eyes. The distance you must measure is from left eye of your pass. side to your left eye in your drivers seat. It is far more than 6", or probably a foot for that matter.

canuckcarguy
05-05-2009, 11:16 PM
sorry boss, but i still not see any sources for your information, again until you have done it stop making shit up

turning left or passing on a highway is no more dangerous, again would feel much safer driving a little rhd sports car then a cargo van with no side rear windows. i have done both

is there different precautions that one has to make when driving on the right? sure but the same would go for a big ass truck/semi compared to a little car so to me there is no reason one should be allowed and the other not.

if it was truly as dangerous to turn left or pass as you claim then every intersection and highway would have an accident involving a rhd car every day... do you even see one accident involving a rhd car daily? no? well hell then i stand by my point that you are full of shit

and my center consul in my car is about 3 inches wide.... i normally lean with my elbow resting on that when i am driving (lhd or rhd) so the difference between the placement of both? 6 inches

i dunno about you but i seem to driving around just fine without sticking my head out the left window of a car... hell i can even park in lots that have those stupid machines that you have to put cards on without getting out of the car

Ridiculous. You're confident driving RHD, but doubt your ability to drive a full-size van, because you'll have to rely on your mirrors? Yeesh. That sure makes me really confident in your skill level.

And I know, the textbook response from RHD drivers is that us LHD drivers just don't understand. Well, I'm not so moronic as to believe I have to experience everything just to believe it. I could go out and try to prove that riding a crotch-rocket around corners on bald tires through gravel at high speed in the rain is perfectly safe. But I already know it isn't. And just because plenty of morons survive just that kind of behaviour is not actually evidence that they're engaging in a safe activity.

And as for every intersection being riddled with smashed RHD cars? They only make up a fraction of the cars on the road, so of course I'm not going to see them in collisions every day. I don't see pedestrian killings on a daily basis either, but that's not a license for people to run around in traffic.

ercchry
05-05-2009, 11:27 PM

Ridiculous. You're confident driving RHD, but doubt your ability to drive a full-size van, because you'll have to rely on your mirrors? Yeesh. That sure makes me really confident in your skill level.

yeah because mirrors just magically cover every nook and cranny, who needs to shoulder check right?

if you are as dense as you seem to be making yourself and can not see my comparison then it is time for you to return to the rock you came from... again where are all these reports and studies? any sources to verify your stance? no?

edit: and just for argument sake... would this be any safer in a lhd application?

http://carview-img01.bmcdn.jp/ecrm/stock/1825734_4.jpg

canuckcarguy
05-05-2009, 11:42 PM
yeah because mirrors just magically cover every nook and cranny, who needs to shoulder check right?

if you are as dense as you seem to be making yourself and can not see my comparison then it is time for you to return to the rock you came from... again where are all these reports and studies? any sources to verify your stance? no?

Ha. Yes, because you've provided such extensive studies and research to back up your claims. So far, I've heard the following detailed analysis from you: "i would also have about 6 inches between my head and my passenger's head.... so if i would like to make up the difference in a rhd car... i can move over in the lane! wow! i must be a genus".

And of course, "i seem to driving around just fine without sticking my head out the left window of a car...". Such fascinating research.

For the record, I've driven both RHD and LHD in Europe on roads designed for RHD. I'm not foolish enough to think those experiences were the equivalent of one another. And as far as studies, there have been studies done which talk of the danger of RHD on LHD roads, but the RHD lobby (as cited at the beginning of this thread) whines that they're inaccurate, and represent too small a sample size.

These are precisely the same arguments that impaired drivers used for years. They constantly reminded all who would listen that they themselves had extensive practice driving drunk, and it was just as easy, and just as safe, and guess what, they'd never crashed...whatever. Thank goodness common sense eventually prevailed, as it likely will eventually in this issue as well.

And as for shoulder-checking... I thought you said you'd driven a cargo van. Only limited shoulder-checking available there. And virtually none if you're pulling a trailer. That's the reality. Sorry I don't have a study handy to prove it to you.:facepalm:

edit: and what's the point of the picture showing the gearshift in a different spot?:whocares:

SRT10Killer
05-05-2009, 11:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Proper driving, keeping proper distance away from a vehicle in front of you. In a LHD car, you can see almost twice as far ahead as a RHD (do the math).

Lets say you're on Highway #1, in the mountains in BC. You and a line of cars behind you come up to a giant old RV that's only going 80km/h. In order for you to get a proper line of sight, at the next legal opening for passing (dotted lines, not passing lane), you'll have to drop back twice as far. The person behind you now sees you going less than 80km/h in a 100 zone, and is thinking WTF!?!?!

Now they are going to try to pass YOU while you're deciding whether or not to pass the RV, creating a more dangerous situation.

So you must pass that RV as if it's life or death?
Use your head, wait a few minutes for a better opportunity, are you going to die if you're 5 minutes late @ your destination ?

Doesn't take another useless taxpayer funded government study to figure this out man.
Just because you're a fanboy, doesn't make you right, and everyone with an ounce of sense, wrong.

I never said I was right, I'm just saying I along with thousands and thousands of other RHD owners drove 1-5 cars every day to work, cruise, etcc and I performed all of those maneuvers that you call "dangerous" atleast twice per day and never had a close call.

But at the same time, how can you all with a grain of sense be saying this if there is no actual facts/stats, and you never touched a JDM car ?

So I guess all the 30,000+ Canadian RHD owners don't have a grain of sense of what they are doing hey ?

ercchry
05-05-2009, 11:47 PM

And as for shoulder-checking... I thought you said you'd driven a cargo van. Only limited shoulder-checking available there. And virtually none if you're pulling a trailer. That's the reality. Sorry I don't have a study handy to prove it to you.:facepalm:

this was my fucking point.....

and why would driving lhd on rhd designed roads not be the same?

japan has tons of lhd cars and they do not seem to have an issue

also the picture is of a "rhd" car that is very small... would if make a difference if that shifter was on the other side? no?

Kardon
05-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Well aside from that stuff above, my opinion on the matter is that yes, is alittle more dangerous, but it should NOT be banned, and a simple advanced road test could seperate the idiots (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/261690/fs-1991-nissan-180sx-sr20det-electron-blue-sold/) from the people who actually buy these cars because THEY APPRECIATE THE CAR. Not because its just some weird foreign car that goes fast. My daily driver is an aristo, it blends into the crowd to most drivers, I'd hate to see my chance to own a mk2 aristo go down the shitter because a bunch of idiots got them banned. I will admit they're harder to drive, but not to the point of being banned. Should they ban RHD mail vans? Street Sweepers? Why simple cars? No difference, except its normal people, who aren't idiots drive the mail vans, but so many RHD's are owned by idiots who make them look bad.

canuckcarguy
05-05-2009, 11:57 PM

this was my fucking point.....

and why would driving lhd on rhd designed roads not be the same?

japan has tons of lhd cars and they do not seem to have an issue

also the picture is of a "rhd" car that is very small... would if make a difference if that shifter was on the other side? no?

Your arguments make no sense whatsoever. First, you sarcastically mock the necessity of shoulder checking, then change your mind. They you make a lot of hay about me not showing studies, but throw out random, not specific, "everything's great in Japan" BS. And then you start talking, for no apparent reason, about a LHD car with a gear shift on the left hand side of the seat. Weird.

SRT10Killer
05-05-2009, 11:58 PM
We don't really care how good you think your car is, you should care more about what other people think.

Please re-think this and hit yourself on the head with a sledgehammer for me

I really don't care for your godlike 4 door seden that you bought to impress someone and that will cost you your life savings to fix. To me a BMW is just another Corolla or a Accord except it's extremely overrated, Unless it's an M series.

Now what would the world be if everyone cared about what other people thought of them

canuckcarguy
05-06-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Kardon
so many RHD's are owned by idiots who make them look bad.

Yes.

ercchry
05-06-2009, 12:04 AM

Your arguments make no sense whatsoever. First, you sarcastically mock the necessity of shoulder checking, then change your mind. They you make a lot of hay about me not showing studies, but throw out random, not specific, "everything's great in Japan" BS. And then you start talking, for no apparent reason, about a LHD car with a gear shift on the left hand side of the seat. Weird.

see this is what happens when you can not read.. right here

that car with the shifter on the left only has ONE seat... open your eyes it is technically a rhd car and it was designed for the Japanese market.

and i was making a sarcastic remark about shoulder checking asking hey who needs to do that since you seemed to have missed the point i was making over and over again

and if lhd on rhd roads in japan and Europe/uk work then why the hell not the other way around?

SRT10Killer
05-06-2009, 12:06 AM
[B]RHD imports are going to ruin it for people who want to still import cars from outside North America. You can find
some pretty cool exotics / German cars in Europe and Asia that are LHD and virtually identical to the cars exported new to North America,

Not the RHD imports, go to my links please on page 1.

When driving a RHD car on roads designed for LHD cars, your visibility is seriously hampered and that makes the vehicle inherently more dangerous.

Man I love the amount of people that say this without any actual proof.

Is it a guarantee that you'll have an accident? No. Is it more likely? Of course. And that's even before you take into account the demographics of the driver.

Let me fix that for you, "If you give an GTR to a 16 year old kid that just got his license, it is more likely that he/she will get into an accident"

canuckcarguy
05-06-2009, 12:08 AM

see this is what happens when you can not read.. right here

that car with the shifter on the left only has ONE seat... open your eyes it is technically a rhd car and it was designed for the Japanese market.

and i was making a sarcastic remark about shoulder checking asking hey who needs to do that since you seemed to have missed the point i was making over and over again

and if lhd on rhd roads in japan and Europe/uk work then why the hell not the other way around?

Okay, if you're going to use a one-seater as your example of a safe RHD car, you win. For the record, I'll also support you if you want to import a RHD bicycle. Did it even occur to you, when you posted that picture, to point out that the car had only one seat? Or was I to somehow divine that from the picture.:banghead:

And I don't think mixed roads work in Japan or Europe. It never makes sense to drive the wrong car for the roads.

Tik-Tok
05-06-2009, 12:11 AM

So you must pass that RV as if it's life or death?
Use your head, wait a few minutes for a better opportunity, are you going to die if you're 5 minutes late @ your destination ?

So I guess all the 30,000+ Canadian RHD owners don't have a grain of sense of what they are doing hey ?

Good lord you're a moron :facepalm:

A) Obviously you've never travelled on #1 in BC, otherwise you'd know that passing opportunities are few and far between.

B) I never once said RHD owners don't have a grain of sense, as most of them with any semblance of maturity, and intelligence would KNOW that RHD is NOT AS SAFE AS LHD. I never said they were outright dangerous, I never said RHD owners are all incompetent , just they they ARE NOT AS SAFE.

SRT10Killer
05-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by sneek

I have heard that before. Drop back so you can see further...I am not saying that is impossible but that means you have to make up so much more distance if you want to pass. I am not sure that is the safest thing I have ever heard. I think that you should need 3-4 years of good driving under your belt before you are allowed to get a RHD car considering these cars are at a disadvantage on the road.

That's probably the best argument I've heard from reading 3+ years of RHD bullshit

I usually do it when there are no hills up ahead, can see far ahead, I don't really need to drop back, plus 300HP helps a lot :)

ercchry
05-06-2009, 12:14 AM

And I don't think mixed roads work in Japan or Europe. It never makes sense to drive the wrong car for the roads.

well... im sure a lot of other people would disagree with you or something would have been done about it by now

point is... until an actual study on the safety of rhd cars has been done that proves without a doubt that they are more dangerous then every other vehicle on the road then this subject has been beat to death enough

until then the energy of this ongoing battle should come together and focus on getting the keys of all vehicles out of the hands of retards

Bumjubeo
05-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Lets talk about France and other parts of Europe for a moment.

They drive on the left hand side of the car. They drive on the proper sides(as per North America) of the road.

People from the UK travel to France and drive on their roads all the time, and as far as I am aware the LHD/RHD issue has never been a problem.

Yes I will admit there are more roundabouts than North America, but irregardless people from the UK have been driving all around Europe in LHD designed roads in their RHD cars.....

They dont need a special licence....

ercchry
05-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I never said they were outright dangerous, I never said RHD owners are all incompetent , just they they ARE NOT AS SAFE.

sure lets go with this as being true, a rhd counterpart is not as safe in a few situations... but is it more dangerous then some of the other things on the road?

semi- terrible braking distances
motorcycle- hit something at highway speeds and you die
large cargo van- no shoulder checking

so if all of those are dangerous should they be out right banned? no?

Tik-Tok
05-06-2009, 12:24 AM

sure lets go with this as being true, a rhd counterpart is not as safe in a few situations... but is it more dangerous then some of the other things on the road?

semi- terrible braking distances
motorcycle- hit something at highway speeds and you die
large cargo van- no shoulder checking

so if all of those are dangerous should they be out right banned? no?

semi - special training AND license required
motorcycle -special training AND license required
large cargo van - you can still should check left, and buy special mirrors for right.

ercchry
05-06-2009, 12:26 AM

semi - special training AND license required
motorcycle -special training AND license required
large cargo van - you can still should check left, and buy special mirrors for right.

and that brings us around to.... special training and licensing... perfect

government gets more money, jobs are created... everyone gets what they want... lets do it

SRT10Killer
05-06-2009, 12:33 AM

A) Obviously you've never travelled on #1 in BC, otherwise you'd know that passing opportunities are few and far between.

Nope never been on #1 in BC, but I drove 2 cars from Vancouver to Calgary
I'm pretty sure you have shitty confidence in your driving ability if you can't find an opportunity to pass someone even in a RHD car, I also think you are one of those people that changes lanes 1000 times to get past people going 76 in an 80 zone

B) I never once said RHD owners don't have a grain of sense, as most of them with any semblance of maturity, and intelligence would KNOW that RHD is NOT AS SAFE AS LHD. I never said they were outright dangerous, I never said RHD owners are all incompetent , just they they ARE NOT AS SAFE. [/B]

Just because you're a fanboy, doesn't make you right, and everyone with an ounce of sense, wrong.

Almost everyone who posted against RHD here said they were dangerous........................

I'm the one that is saying they are not dangerous, I said it was Harder to drive them, but no UNSAFE, the way you worded it is saying that everyone who opposes(everyone with a grain of sense) is NOT wrong..............

cjay^
05-06-2009, 12:36 AM
All this LHD vs RHD bickering is getting really old lol.

On the one hand, for daily driving RHD is perfectly fine (imo) the only shitty thing is left hand turns, but if you aren't sure its clear it doesn't take a race driver to realize you should just wait for an advance.

But on the other hand, ban RHD imports all you want, I'd actually be stoked because the price of my car would go up. There is no way they would make it retroactive, so I don't really care, my car is here to stay.

SRT10Killer
05-06-2009, 12:41 AM
Tik-Tok,

I'll say this a thousand times

I do agree that it's harder to drive RHD, but not UNSAFE.
All you are explaining is a stupid theory created by propaganda, it's only your opinion, who the hell cares about it, you never owned a RHD car, nor do you have study to lean on, I use rhd cars for daily driving and there are no problems at all.

The funniest part is how people always go with the non-credible source because they try to play out the scenarios in their head.

SRT10Killer
05-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by cjay^
All this LHD vs RHD bickering is getting really old lol.

On the one hand, for daily driving RHD is perfectly fine (imo) the only shitty thing is left hand turns, but if you aren't sure its clear it doesn't take a race driver to realize you should just wait for an advance.

But on the other hand, ban RHD imports all you want, I'd actually be stoked because the price of my car would go up. There is no way they would make it retroactive, so I don't really care, my car is here to stay.

Yes, but I never meant to re-start this argument, I wanted people to read the 2 reports that I posted to see that it's past the RHD/LHD cat fight

Yea lol too bad there is a chance that we might not see the day of R34's, poor locals are going to have to make a supercar for 1/5 of the price just to keep up with it in 4 years when they flood the market :)

cjay^
05-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Tik-Tok,

I'll say this a thousand times

I do agree that it's harder to drive RHD, but not UNSAFE.
All you are explaining is a stupid theory created by propaganda, it's only your opinion, who the hell cares about it, you never owned a RHD car, nor do you have study to lean on, I use rhd cars for daily driving and there are no problems at all.

The funniest part is how people always go with the non-credible source because they try to play out the scenarios in their head.

Its too bad you have to say things like "its harder to drive RHD" just to try and avoid argument with RHD haters. I drive LHD and RHD regularly and have switched around a lot (first year with license was LHD, then went RHD, then back to LHD this winter) and really to me its no harder at all, I could just be speaking for myself though.

ercchry
05-06-2009, 12:50 AM

Its too bad you have to say things like "its harder to drive RHD" just to try and avoid argument with RHD haters. I drive LHD and RHD regularly and have switched around a lot (first year with license was LHD, then went RHD, then back to LHD this winter) and really to me its no harder at all, I could just be speaking for myself though.

yeah the hardest thing i find is remembering that the signal lights switch sides... always hit the damn wipers whenever i switch over :rofl:

AutodreamMarvin
05-06-2009, 12:55 AM

B) I never once said RHD owners don't have a grain of sense, as most of them with any semblance of maturity, and intelligence would KNOW that RHD is NOT AS SAFE AS LHD. I never said they were outright dangerous, I never said RHD owners are all incompetent , just they they ARE NOT AS SAFE.

Actually, I drive the #1 frequently. (I make frequent trips from Vancouver back home to Calgary)

Very easy to pass seeing as how there are many elevation changes and turns. Makes it much easier to pass.

Straights, downhills, and left turns have good visibility and are okay to pass. Uphills and right turns have reduced visibility but are solid line anyway, so it is illegal to pass.

Driving RHD just takes some common sense and good judgment.

That said, I would agree with an age limitation and driving test. However, it doesn't seem feasible and I can't reasonably forsee the gov't going so far as to implement it.

SRT10Killer
05-06-2009, 01:04 AM

I've argued through 5 pages, I'm not trying to avoid arguments, by harder as in I have to lean sometimes to see stuff(not while driving ) Maybe it's cause I took the drivers test on a LHD car then drove my brothers lhd for 1 week than RHD for 3 years... maybe I have not driven long enough in LHD :)

canuckcarguy
05-06-2009, 08:36 AM
So I just read the ICBC study on this issue. It shows a 52% INCREASED RISK OF ACCIDENT with RHD vehicles at fault. And this is AFTER they took out anybody younger than 20, to try to take away the age argument.

They also cite, in that study, studies in Europe which reference heavy trucks that are incorrectly configured for the roads (as goods get transferred from LHD countries to RHD countries and vice-versa). These trucks were a whopping 4.5 times more likely to be involved in crashes while turning, overtaking or lane-changing!

Far from just my opinion, these are pretty damning numbers. Of course, the RHD response will be composed of 3 points.

1. I drive my RHD, and I've never crashed, therefore this is a safe activity.
2. The ICBC is (pick one) biased, statistically flawed, written by the man.
3. a 52% increase in accident risk is no big deal, that doesn't mean anything.

Ca_Silvia13
05-06-2009, 09:25 AM
So before the popularity of RHD imports and drifting and all that jazz, normal people driving mail trucks are getting in accidents all over the place? Dangerously driving in residential neighborhoods near women and children knowing full well the are 50% more likely to get in to an accident then the non-english speak 60 y/o asian lady who doesn't beleive in shoulder checking?

Ya that makes a whole lot of sense. Funny how everyone forgets mail trucks have been RHD for 40+ years with no problem. But slap a fuckin Nissan emblem on the front and its a treat to society...

All this change is spear headed by the large new car manfacturers, ICBC report said since 2004 70000 imported vehicles have come through the docks. That 70000 caviliers or G5 or any other crappy north american cars that they could have sold.

canuckcarguy
05-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Ca_Silvia13
So before the popularity of RHD imports and drifting and all that jazz, normal people driving mail trucks are getting in accidents all over the place? Dangerously driving in residential neighborhoods near women and children knowing full well the are 50% more likely to get in to an accident then the non-english speak 60 y/o asian lady who doesn't beleive in shoulder checking?

Ya that makes a whole lot of sense. Funny how everyone forgets mail trucks have been RHD for 40+ years with no problem. But slap a fuckin Nissan emblem on the front and its a treat to society...

All this change is spear headed by the large new car manfacturers, ICBC report said since 2004 70000 imported vehicles have come through the docks. That 70000 caviliers or G5 or any other crappy north american cars that they could have sold.

Yep. It's a conspiracy.:facepalm:

SRT10Killer
05-06-2009, 10:44 AM
So I just read the ICBC study on this issue. It shows a 52% INCREASED RISK OF ACCIDENT with RHD vehicles at fault. And this is AFTER they took out anybody younger than 20, to try to take away the age argument.

They also cite, in that study, studies in Europe which reference heavy trucks that are incorrectly configured for the roads (as goods get transferred from LHD countries to RHD countries and vice-versa). These trucks were a whopping 4.5 times more likely to be involved in crashes while turning, overtaking or lane-changing!

Far from just my opinion, these are pretty damning numbers. Of course, the RHD response will be composed of 3 points.

1. I drive my RHD, and I've never crashed, therefore this is a safe activity.
2. The ICBC is (pick one) biased, statistically flawed, written by the man.
3. a 52% increase in accident risk is no big deal, that doesn't mean anything.

Canuck, after 5 pages of arguments and the "Quebec RHD ban" thread that was posted earlier, I can truly say you are a fuckin idiot.

You are the best example of "citizens dangling off the balls of the media"

The study that was conducted by a man from ICBC was discredited long time ago and when that man was approached for questioning he wanted nothing to do with the study. That's why I keep saying what I'm saying about the study being non-legit.

Read www.ivoac.com for more info why it was discredited and why ICBC are not interested in conducting a LEGIT study.

Ntense_SpecV
05-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Ca_Silvia13
Ya that makes a whole lot of sense. Funny how everyone forgets mail trucks have been RHD for 40+ years with no problem. But slap a fuckin Nissan emblem on the front and its a threat to society...

Can a mail truck even get above 80km/hr? You are seriously comparing a turbo Nissan car to a mail truck? Give your head a shake...

SRT10Killer
05-06-2009, 10:59 AM

Yep. It's a conspiracy.:facepalm:

Sort of, it's more of a scam, You would know this if you read the 2 fuckin articles instead of making yourself look like a retard.

CADA is saying "

The overriding problem facing Canada's vehicle industry is a lack of
sales. A comprehensive national scrappage program would address this issue by
stimulating additional sales of new vehicles this year. Scrappage programs
remove old vehicles from the road and replace them with new ones, refreshing
the national vehicle fleet more quickly than the unregulated market's rate of
attrition would allow. In addition to the economic benefits stemming from a
healthy automotive retail sector, scrappage programs also offer numerous
environmental benefits and could play an important role in helping our nation
reduce its climatic impact, since older cars pollute as much as 37 times as
much as a new car.

This is another another great case of " You Won't buy our shitty overpriced cars? Then we'll make you"

Old cars pollute ? Yes, But keep in mind most cars from Japan come in V4 and V6 and funny enough my friends V8 Soarer tested for 00 Co2 Emission in BC.

CADA has also urged the government to close regulatory loopholes that
allow several thousand right-hand drive (RHD) vehicles on to Canada's roads
despite the fact that they do not comply with the Canadian Motor Vehicle
Safety Standards. These vehicles pose a risk to Canadian citizens and
undermine the pursuit of Canada's safety and environmental goals. The details
of the RHD safety and environmental concerns are addressed in a new CADA
report.

Oh hmmmmmm the 15 year loophole ? Where it states that you are allowed to import 15 yr old vehicles ?

Again bringing up that they are dangerous with 0 evidence, basing their words off of the false ICBC study just like you people are

You can see it's more of a $ concern for them, even a retard like you probably can canuck

Ca_Silvia13
05-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

Can a mail truck even get above 80km/hr? You are seriously comparing a turbo Nissan car to a mail truck? Give your head a shake...

Fuck you guys need to think of the WHOLE picture here. Not all RHD are fuckin drift units, most are but not all. Alot of RHDs are tow trucks, flat beds, SUVs and not performance vehicles. However each imported vehicle is a lost sale for any NA car manufacturer.

Secondly who is really losing out with this whole importing RHD vehicles in this country. Domestic auto manufacturers. Who also have a shit ton of money and influence over law makers because they are so large. Thus they can lobby the government for a change is laws to help them regain or stop missing out on another 70000+ sales over the next couple of years.

That is how laws and changes in law happen, its not a consiracy jackass its just how shit works in the real world.

JAYMEZ
05-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Wow you guys really are starting to sound like little girls fighting over nothing... We have had way to many RHD threads , and this one is about to get closed like the rest of them...

Beating a dead horse.

SRT10Killer
05-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

Yes we are, does a RHD truck still make left hand turns in rush hour traffic ? maybe like 20 times daily ?

Not sure what you are trying to prove ? Fast cars are dangerous ?

It makes it easier for me to pass someone on a highway with 300 hp buddy,

SRT10Killer
05-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Wow you guys really are starting to sound like little girls fighting over nothing... We have had way to many RHD threads , and this one is about to get closed like the rest of them...

Beating a dead horse.

Yes I know I'm not convincing anybody, but again going to the REAL reason I made this thread

I wanted people to read the 2 reports that I posted to see that it's past the RHD/LHD cat fight

canuckcarguy
05-06-2009, 11:15 AM

Canuck, after 5 pages of arguments and the "Quebec RHD ban" thread that was posted earlier, I can truly say you are a fuckin idiot.

You are the best example of "citizens dangling off the balls of the media"

The study that was conducted by a man from ICBC was discredited long time ago and when that man was approached for questioning he wanted nothing to do with the study. That's why I keep saying what I'm saying about the study being non-legit.

Read www.ivoac.com for more info why it was discredited and why ICBC are not interested in conducting a LEGIT study.

Hmmm... dangling balls of the media. I haven't heard that expression before, but then I'm just not a guy who examines dangling balls on a regular basis.

The study was discredited by a lobby group representing RHD drivers and importers. Incidentally, they have a profit motive for keeping these things legal, insofar as the creators and half the posters on that site are actually making a living importing vehicles. If the Canadian automotive sale and manufacturing industries have suspect motives for wanting RHD off the road, surely this group of importers must have suspect motives as well?

You'll have to pardon me if I don't find their dismissal of the ICBC study all that compelling.

As you yourself have already stated several times, it's more difficult to drive a RHD car. You state it's fine to wait for a really big break in traffic to turn left, or hang way back to pass on the highway, etc. But that's essentially an admission that you're disrupting traffic slow because you're "special", and you drive a "special" car. Just yesterday I was behind a moron in a RHD Supra who waited almost 5 minutes to turn left, while traffic piled up behind him. He missed at least 5-10 good opportunities, and then when he finally did turn, he barely had enough room because there was an oncoming motorcycle that he clearly didn't see. Okay, he didn't crash, thanks mainly to the hard braking by the driver of the motorcycle, but it's still blatant ass-hattery to suggest that he's not impaired by his vehicle's unsuitable seating position.

I wouldn't care even remotely if he imported that car to track it, or for the annual ride in the gay pride parade, but aside from that, his RHD car shouldn't be on the road.

sh0ko
05-06-2009, 11:20 AM

Beating a dead horse.

perfect.... noone could have put it any better

Ntense_SpecV
05-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Yes we are, does a RHD truck still make left hand turns in rush hour traffic ? maybe like 20 times daily ?

Not sure what you are trying to prove ? Fast cars are dangerous ?

It makes it easier for me to pass someone on a highway with 300 hp buddy,

You know what, lock this thread.

I'm not going to get into a debate about mail trucks and RHD sports cars. I'll concede...you win SRT10killer. RHD vehicles are awesome and safe, and most definitely should be on the road everywhere... and maybe one day we can get the canadian government to change our traffic flow pattern so that you can properly see while trying to turn left. We all know exactly why RHD drivers bought what they bought - cheap speed.

Mibz
05-06-2009, 11:39 AM
http://members.shaw.ca/mibz/deadhorse.jpg