PDA

View Full Version : Hit And Run, Plate # PHE-797

CourtX
05-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Hello, i dont post much on here but am wondering if you guys can maybe help me out a bit. Last night i got rear ended westbound on mcknight just after Barlow and pushed into the van in front of me and the guy drove off hitting somebody else to [B]his plate number is PHE-797 it was a White Chevy Blazer year 98+ the front plastic valence is defiantly broken.[B] I picked up the piece and got it off the road. My truck is totaled now so i want to find this guy and get all that i can out of him. heres some pics of my truck.. wrecked.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/SilverGecko_2007/SD530235.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/SilverGecko_2007/SD530241.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/SilverGecko_2007/SD530244.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/SilverGecko_2007/SD530237.jpg

:cry:

88CRX
05-04-2009, 12:53 PM
I would hope that you called CPS?

van
05-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Shouldn't you be able to go to the Police Station with that info and find out who this person is?

Super_Geo
05-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Wait, wouldn't the cops or someone from your insurance company have to show up to the scene if there's >$1,000 in damages?

CourtX
05-04-2009, 12:59 PM
yea the cops were there nobody from insurance came. my mom is calling them today but i don't want to just leave it to the cops they already went searching for the guy just after it happened and couldn't find him.

Super_Geo
05-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by CourtX
yea the cops were there nobody from insurance came. my mom is calling them today but i don't want to just leave it to the cops they already went searching for the guy just after it happened and couldn't find him.

Cops can pull a plate up and get the registered owner right away... the only situation where you might be screwed is if it was a stolen plate or a stolen car.

Still, insurance should cover it, even if the driver couldn't be found.

Kloubek
05-04-2009, 01:16 PM
^^ Agreed. This really doesn't look like something for Beyond CSI - seems to me the culprit will eventually be found...

clem24
05-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Umm... What exactly do you plan on doing? Exacting vigilante justice? It's not like it's going to get you anywhere. If it's been reported to CPS, let them and insurance handle it, rather than jeopardize their investigation.

Abeo
05-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Saw the aftermath just as the firetruck arrived.... your truck sure took a hard hit. Good luck with your search, I'll keep an eye out

jwslam
05-04-2009, 02:08 PM
wow that's brutal
you're ok right bud?

Jlude
05-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

Cops can pull a plate up and get the registered owner right away... the only situation where you might be screwed is if it was a stolen plate or a stolen car.

Still, insurance should cover it, even if the driver couldn't be found.

Or if the driver doesn't have insurance... which could be why he ran.

I had the same thing happen to me. Was hit by a punk kid in a old chev blazer... he took off and I chased after him. While I was chasing after him I called 911. They said that since I had his plate number, to just stop chasing and relax. The cops would handle it.

They were unable to locate the kid for 7 months. Finally I get a subponea to go to court and find out that the kid had no insurance at all. I go and the prosecuter tells me that because it's been longer than 6 months since the accident, they're unable to charge him with driving without insurance.

Sorry for making this long... the end result was the ass end of my prelude smashed up and he got a 200 dollar fine.

Instead of calling CPS... I should have been calling some buddies to help me track down this bastard.

5000Audi
05-04-2009, 02:56 PM
ill be out on the city today, ill keep an eye open and if i see him ill call cps for ya

CourtX
05-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

Or if the driver doesn't have insurance... which could be why he ran.

I had the same thing happen to me. Was hit by a punk kid in a old chev blazer... he took off and I chased after him. While I was chasing after him I called 911. They said that since I had his plate number, to just stop chasing and relax. The cops would handle it.

They were unable to locate the kid for 7 months. Finally I get a subponea to go to court and find out that the kid had no insurance at all. I go and the prosecuter tells me that because it's been longer than 6 months since the accident, they're unable to charge him with driving without insurance.

Sorry for making this long... the end result was the ass end of my prelude smashed up and he got a 200 dollar fine.

Instead of calling CPS... I should have been calling some buddies to help me track down this bastard.

That is exactly what i do not want to happen that's why i was on here trying to see if anybody could help out.

thanks guys.

Yea im alright just dealing with the whiplash now :thumbsdow

adidas
05-04-2009, 04:12 PM
I live up in the NE...will keep an eye out for you! I got hit and run a year or so ago and was stuck paying for the damages! So getting this guy would be as good for me as it is for you.

PM your number and if i do come across him i will call you!