PDA

View Full Version : Dyson vs Vacuflo

shadowz
05-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Hi just wondering what everyones preferences were when it comes to vacums. Ive had a couple already that have little to no suction. Ive heard lots of good things about the dyson units, also Ive heard many pluses on vacuflo.

alloroc
05-04-2009, 03:04 PM
A good Vacuflo > Dyson but they cost even more and a Dyson isn't cheap.

The best thing is wood flooring and a swiffer ;P

core_upt
05-04-2009, 03:12 PM
get married, then its her problem....

redsrt4
05-04-2009, 09:20 PM
dyson... this is what i am using cleaning a house..

JordanLotoski
05-04-2009, 09:23 PM
DYSON..I have the Animal for my carpets and that new mini for my hardwood floors...I had central vac in my last house, prefer the dyson.

kevie88
05-04-2009, 09:29 PM
I have a Dyson Type-R as well.. It's a sucking champion.

I'm no slouch when it comes to vacuuming, I used to use an old bag vaccuum once a week in my house. Got the Dyson and filled it up after only doing half the house! So easy to clean out too.

TYMSMNY
05-04-2009, 09:30 PM
+ for the Dyson. DC17 Absolute Animal. ROAR!

riced
05-04-2009, 09:32 PM
I have the Dyson DC25... and I love that thing.
I've gone through 3 vacuums over the past 2 years and they were good on the first two or three runs but after that, they just make sound.

On my third vacuum (dirt devil), I vacuumed the house like I normally would and then went through again with my Dyson. Needless to say, I think the dirt devil picked up absolutely nothing while the Dyson was full.

About 2 months after owning it, it still performs like day 1. The ball is crazy too haha

Choice
05-04-2009, 09:48 PM
My DC21 rocks!

Even got one for my folks.
redflagsdeals had some sort of posting about 2 months ago on refurbs from dyson canada. it was a pretty good sale, else wait for the Customer appreciation sales at Futureshop.

psi_klops
05-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Dyson my son...
I picked up a Dyson DC14 Animal and vacuumed the carpet that was just vacuumed the day before...It still picked up a sh*t load of dirt!

spikerS
05-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by TYMSMNY
+ for the Dyson. DC17 Absolute Animal. ROAR!

+1

we bought ours last year, and the wife loves it. Only thing my wife would change is the telescoping handle to make it a bit more .... sturdy ? not sure if that is the right word or not, but on ours, when you pull it out, seems like you have to put more oomf than you should to keep it locked out.

Xtrema
05-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Anyone tried a DC24 or DC18?

TYMSMNY
05-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by spikers

+1

we bought ours last year, and the wife loves it. Only thing my wife would change is the telescoping handle to make it a bit more .... sturdy ? not sure if that is the right word or not, but on ours, when you pull it out, seems like you have to put more oomf than you should to keep it locked out.

Haven't had an issue with it. Pop the cover, pull the red thing out and the rest of the handle comes off the vacuum. All click locks.

shadowz
05-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Awesome, thanks everyone, I will be picking up a DC25 today!!!

kenny
05-05-2009, 09:45 AM
One thing that sucks about the dyson (ha ha!) is that you have to empty it after each use because it works so well, at least if you have dogs that shed.

BMS
05-05-2009, 09:47 AM
imo the vacuflo system is the way to go. its pretty much maintenance free other than changing the bag once every so often. The bonus is that the system can be put down in the basement or garage so noise is basically not heard. Not only that all you need to do is carry around a lightweight hose instead of lugging a heavy vaccum up and down the stairs.

ZorroAMG
05-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Type-R Dyson??

Fuck that, get the Scuderia Dyson!

LOL....

Where's the peeps chiming in with "no wai, pay double for a name and get a MIELE!!!!111!"

As far as vacuflo, I find dragging the hose around a pain in the ass and it's really fun when it drags around corners and scrapes the shit out of walls and baseboards...

ZorroAMG
05-05-2009, 09:49 AM
double Pizzzost.

ExtraSlow
05-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Anyone tried a DC24 or DC18?
Also interested in the DC24. New house has hardwood and lots of stairs, so that one looks to be nice and lightweight.

darkkent
05-05-2009, 11:21 AM
stumbled upon this today if anyone is serioulsy going to buy a DYSON soon. go to Home Outfitters and get 1 million HBC points or $125 gift card.

http://www.hbc.com/newsletters/3D09_shop_ho_en.html

kevie88
05-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Type-R Dyson??

Fuck that, get the Scuderia Dyson!

LOL....

Where's the peeps chiming in with "no wai, pay double for a name and get a MIELE!!!!111!"

As far as vacuflo, I find dragging the hose around a pain in the ass and it's really fun when it drags around corners and scrapes the shit out of walls and baseboards...

Yep, it's the yellow version with a Type-R sticker. Fart can suction nozzle was parted out before I got it tho :(

SOAB
05-05-2009, 02:18 PM
i have a Dyson cannister style at home. not too sure about the model but it works awesome.

Originally posted by core_upt
get married, then its her problem....

funny enough, i do all the vacuuming in my house :rofl:

wife does almost everything else indoors. cooking, cleaning, laundry, sucking, etc.

compared to that, vacuuming once every 1-2 weeks is a peice of cake!

zipdoa
05-05-2009, 02:36 PM
dyson's are like grey goose. it's really expensive and looks like it's from europe but in reality you're getting ripped off.

if you know anything about vacuum cleaners, you know that a Tristar vacuum is superior to anything on the market.

https://www.tristarvacuumscanada.com/demo/Tristar/images/vacuum/shoppingFront.jpg

4lti7ude
05-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by BMS
imo the vacuflo system is the way to go. its pretty much maintenance free other than changing the bag once every so often. The bonus is that the system can be put down in the basement or garage so noise is basically not heard. Not only that all you need to do is carry around a lightweight hose instead of lugging a heavy vaccum up and down the stairs.

You need to remember that its a really long hose also.

Its like drinking out of a super long straw, its going to take alot of energy to get the drink to come up. Equaling less suction.

With a normal vacuum system where the main part is with you the hose is shorter equaling more suction.
Home basement vacuum units are weak and are very loud where they are installed.

Amysicle
05-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
As far as vacuflo, I find dragging the hose around a pain in the ass and it's really fun when it drags around corners and scrapes the shit out of walls and baseboards... +1 And after a few years, the hose starts cracking and you lose a ton of suction.

shadowz
05-05-2009, 10:54 PM
So I went and picked up the DC25 Animal, this thing is great I used it right away and grabbed a tonne of dog hair. The reason why I got this over the normal DC25 is because the animal comes with accessories that the normal does not. Such as hardwood floor attachment, stair cleaner etc. Also at futureshop they offered a free spring cleaning kit with any Dyson which came with 6 more accessories. (Worth 40 bucks I think). Anyway here it is I love it and I hope it works well for the years to come.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/shadowz940/DSC01189.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/shadowz940/DSC01190.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/shadowz940/DSC01191.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/shadowz940/DSC01192.jpg

TYMSMNY
05-05-2009, 11:39 PM
congrats on the purchase.

sCream
05-06-2009, 12:34 AM
+1 for Dyson.. picked up a DC 21 from Costco yesterday, and it picked up so much dirt that my previous Electrolux didn't, i was shocked.

alloroc
05-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
dyson's are like grey goose. it's really expensive and looks like it's from europe but in reality you're getting ripped off.

if you know anything about vacuum cleaners, you know that a Tristar vacuum is superior to anything on the market.

https://www.tristarvacuumscanada.com/demo/Tristar/images/vacuum/shoppingFront.jpg

If it has a bag it is only good for about 5 minutes.

I was thinking about this and the best thing to do is buy a shopvac and fit the end of the hose to accept vacuflo attachments.

kevie88
05-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
So I went and picked up the DC25 Animal, this thing is great I used it right away and grabbed a tonne of dog hair. The reason why I got this over the normal DC25 is because the animal comes with accessories that the normal does not. Such as hardwood floor attachment, stair cleaner etc. Also at futureshop they offered a free spring cleaning kit with any Dyson which came with 6 more accessories. (Worth 40 bucks I think). Anyway here it is I love it and I hope it works well for the years to come.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o93/shadowz940/DSC01192.jpg[/IMG]

Dope Vacuum!

I have one here at Walt Healy we've been beating the shit out of (literally) for 3 years now and it's still going strong. Only problem is a slightly bent lh wheel from all the jumps haha

I hose out the bin thingy (part with holes in it) every 6 months or so and clean the airfilters and it's amazing how the thing still sucks hard.

TYMSMNY
05-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

Looks good. Is that from Quixtar?

zipdoa
05-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by TYMSMNY

Looks good. Is that from Quixtar?

No, this is a bagless vacuum.

My friend used to sell these. He filled it with 4litres of sand, and then, with the vacuum on and the dump bucket open (the part that holds the shit you suck up) he flipped the vacuum upsideown and not ONE spec of sand fell out. This thing has crazy suction that doesn't stop, because the debris is pulled from the airstream into a seperate orifice and doesn't impede airflow to the motor, allowing you to suck up a ton of shit and never lose suction.

That, and most vacuums just recycle the dust you suck back into the air. Watch the exhaust vent of your vacuum in direct sunlight sometime, you'll be amazed!