PDA

View Full Version : Do Some Car Colors attract Cops?

Anber
10-23-2003, 03:38 PM
I am a fast driver.

I drove nearly ten thousand miles until I got my first speeding ticket.

About 5000 miles was in my city (alot of highway driving) and about 5000 miles was done on trips to neighboring cities.

I must have passed over 50 speed traps and observed over a dozen un marked cop cars.

This was all in a BLACK CIVIC 1999.

I change to a SILVER CIVIC 2000; two weeks later I drive out of town: BAM speeding ticket by an un marked cop.

3 months later I get two speeding tickets in the same month!

What gives?

max_boost
10-23-2003, 03:39 PM
I think speeding finally caught up to you
I suggest you slow down

cocoabrova
10-23-2003, 03:41 PM
Yes.

Anber
10-23-2003, 03:50 PM
Your editorial comments weren't invited.

Please answer the question or post to another thread.

With respect,

ryder_23
10-23-2003, 03:57 PM
He did answer it. Speeding finally caught up to you. i've been driving over 60 000km alot of hwy, and quite a bit of city, gone by countless speed traps, and wow, no tickets...this has been in also different cars besides mine, i find i go by more cops when driving someone elses car, and yet no tickets(knock on wood)....hmmmm...Slow down if you dont like gettin tickets

Kamen
10-23-2003, 03:59 PM
Indeed. I'm pretty sure the color of your car doesn't matter.
Sometime's you get away with it, sometimes they nail you one after another.

Slow down with the attitude as well man...

Anber
10-23-2003, 04:00 PM
No sorry, my question was;

I drive alot, speed alot and get no tickets, as soon as i change car colors, i get a bunch.

Ive even slowed down a bit after each ticket. I got 2 in one week this week.

Im wondering if there is a known difference of noticeability between black and silver cars (for example) if you arent speaking to this question, i really couldnt care less.

max_boost
10-23-2003, 04:02 PM
I find it hard to believe how you blow pass 50 speed traps and didn't get pulled over in your black car.

max_boost
10-23-2003, 04:03 PM
Play it on your good luck that you didn't get pulled over in your black car. I don't think color matters, especially something as generic as black and white. Paint your car Ferrari Yellow and it may attract more attention.

If I was an officer, I don't care if your car is pink, I'll ticket you if you are speeding.

4G63Power
10-23-2003, 04:05 PM
Black or Silver, I think you just got unlucky. Now once you get into the unique factory colors or custom paint jobs then i'd say yes you'll probably stick out a little more.

Edit: Damn you max_boost, beat me to my point. :banghead:

kevie88
10-23-2003, 04:09 PM
I believe that brighter colors attract more attention, and are noticeable from greater distances. In my experience if your car/bike is a dark color and quiet you can get away with much more than you would if it was bright and loud... that's why I run stock exhausts on my bikes, and try to get darker colors when I'm buying.

Weapon_R
10-23-2003, 04:11 PM
I've heard that red is usually the easiest to spot from far distances. White cars don't reflect as easily, but I don't see why a black/silver car made much difference. Maybe you were just lucky?

CelicaST-162
10-23-2003, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I drove for a long time never got a single ticket. Then my first ticket was from the accident I had. Real luck there! Anyways yea color does not really matter, just about time when you got a ticket...hopefully you dont get anymore!

prosh
10-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Anber

I drive alot, speed alot and get no tickets, as soon as i change car colors, i get a bunch.

Im wondering if there is a known difference of noticeability between black and silver cars (for example) if you arent speaking to this question, i really couldnt care less.

So, when you say slowed down a bit after each ticket, do you mean weren't speeding when pulling away from the cop car that pulled you over in the first place?

It sounds like you're a tad lead footed there and to answer ur question. Color of the car doesn't mean anything to a radar gun after it clocks you doing 70 in a 50 zone.

Anber
10-23-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by prosh

Color of the car doesn't mean anything to a radar gun after it clocks you doing 70 in a 50 zone.

I'm well aware. What i'm getting at is that color might catch the cop's attention faster, or among two cars, tend to zero in on one.

In 2 of my 3 tickets recently i was stopped by a patrol car and not a planned speed trap.

Ebbsvette
10-23-2003, 04:25 PM
ok guy...i believe color matters but silver? silver IS NOT an attention getter.....try driving a yellow car....wana talk about getting cops attention? if i drive 1 mph over ill get pulled over....if i stop at a stop sign for less that 4 seconds (even if no one is around) i get pulled over......only good thing is they dont ticket me....they just pull me over and usually ask questions about my car.....o well....

but in answer to your question.....color has some impact on it...but your speed/breaking the law is the real impact

cocoabrova
10-23-2003, 04:26 PM
Everytime I see a cop car in my rear view, he/she always ends up tailing ME first and punching up my plates, then goes behind another car, or goes on their merry way. Why is that? Because all the other cars around me are normal colors? Maybe......

szw
10-23-2003, 04:29 PM
I think colour does matter, however not for silver or black.

Ben
10-23-2003, 11:09 PM
I find Yellow and Red cars more noticable. I guess if a cop was to hear a commotion and look in that direction, it would be the first to spot, also, if they were looking for a car (suspect vehicle) bright flashy colors stand out more from the air and ground when the vehicle is non earth or urban tones (blacks, whites, browns and rust colors.)

CLiVE
10-23-2003, 11:42 PM
well, I have a black car. And I have NEVER been pulled over...go figure.

403Gemini
10-24-2003, 12:07 AM
blame karma, i speed once in awhile, havent been caught yet... well ticketed yet... but one day it will catch up with me, so i gotta slow down heh

rice_eater
10-24-2003, 12:20 AM
RADAR IS COLOR BLIND!!!

RSeXy
10-24-2003, 12:32 AM
Your editorial comments weren't invited.

Please answer the question or post to another thread.

With respect,

With these comments you deserved to get pulled over. I agree, flashy colours attract attention, but any colour car going well over the speed limit would be noticeable to cops. Max_Boost is right, speed caught up with you. You have received your just desserts. :rolleyes:

403Gemini
10-24-2003, 12:38 AM
maybe not colors, but neon lights sure do lol

04blackMAX
10-24-2003, 12:47 AM
get a beige ferrari,,and youll be ok

sxtasy
10-24-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by 04blackMAX
get a beige ferrari,,and youll be ok or paint it army camouflage

403Gemini
10-24-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by sxtasy
or paint it army camouflage

or paint a picture of a 80's volvo on it, that'll learn em ;)

shadowz
10-24-2003, 02:46 AM
No problem at all

Skyline_Addict
10-24-2003, 03:44 AM
let's face it.
if you're speeding you're speeding, no cop is going to care if your ride is hot pink or night black.
however, if your car stands out, for instance a yellow Ferrari 550 Maranello, you'll get ANYONE's attention.
it's not like you never speed and suddenly after getting a silver car, you're getting pulled over. you've always been speeding and it was a matter of time before you got caught.
besides it's not like silver really stands out, considering there are silver cars everywhere. I've yet to see a hot pink car.
and if getting pulled over and ticketed ticks you off so much, don't speed. simple dimple.