PDA

View Full Version : Best Insurance Company?

super_a_m_a_n
05-05-2009, 12:28 AM
hey guys, in my household we have 4 drivers, and 4 cars, looking to get the best rates for insurance, as currently our insurance rates are through the roof.
any suggestions as to whos the cheapest?
thanks

Tik-Tok
05-05-2009, 12:31 AM
I've got 4 cars, and my house insured through Meloche Monnex. Cheapest I could get, and I've had great service through them. I'm sure there's one or two people on here who will argue that though.

anhsicun
05-05-2009, 12:34 AM
lanes insurance is perrty good, they gave me the cheapest rate. ask for cindy williams.

schocker
05-05-2009, 12:53 AM
i also had the best luck with meloche monnex but i am also on a group rate.

Bumjubeo
05-05-2009, 01:39 AM
I got the best rate I could find from Johnson when I signed up with them.

THE GOVERNATOR
05-05-2009, 07:16 AM
honestly, try The Cooperators full coverage for me is $1300 a year. but i have also been with them for 3 years now, plus i just got a letter in the mail from them stating that my policy has dropped from $1300 to $833 a year.

Dave P
05-05-2009, 07:57 AM
Is there such a thing? :dunno:

whiskas
05-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Meloche Monnex++

They give great rates if you fall under their professional coverage and they don't jerk you around.

prae
05-05-2009, 08:43 AM
another meloche monnex++ here. I have had cars stolen, vandalized, been in accidents, they have ALWAYS provided excellent service, and their rates are great.

Once, I figured out they had been over-charging me due to a mis-classification. They went a pro-rated previous years and sent me a fat cheque. They are a cut above.

Mixalot27
05-05-2009, 08:56 AM
RBC and PC were by far the cheapest quotes I got for my insurance. Which company will be cheapest all depends on the driving record's of those insured. So really the best bet is to get as many quotes as possible. Also if you combine your home insurance you can usually get a good discount.

I would highly suggest avoiding Lundgren & Young. In my experience, they like to quote you one rate, and then charge you another. In my case, the policy ended up being close to $400/yr more than I was ever quoted or agreed upon. And by that time I was already locked in and would have to pay a penalty to get out. After complaining to the owner, he said the penalty would be waived. However I still ended up paying around $50 or $60 more than I should have for the one month or so I was insured. So yeah, I would never deal with them again.

austic
05-05-2009, 09:27 PM
meloche monnex are the best

G-ZUS
05-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I've got 4 cars, and my house insured through Meloche Monnex. Cheapest I could get, and I've had great service through them. I'm sure there's one or two people on here who will argue that though.

Originally posted by whiskas
Meloche Monnex++

They give great rates if you fall under their professional coverage and they don't jerk you around.

Originally posted by austic
meloche monnex are the best

:werd: :werd::werd::werd::werd:

canuckcarguy
05-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Another Meloche Monnex fan here.

yipb
05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
does TD offer good insurance rate if ur a brand new driver? im 17 and just got my drivers

KRZY403
05-06-2009, 10:55 PM
just started my policy today with meloche monnex. i find it weird that i called them twice (2 days apart) to get a quote and the quote i got the 2nd time i called was like $1400 cheaper. i even gave them the same information for the 2 separate days. also the first time i called they said i couldn't get a group rate discount until i was at least 25. the second time i called they said it was possible regardless of age as long as the group members live in the same household. this doesn't make any sense. :banghead:

soloracer
05-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Best insurance? Isn't that like asking which STD you would like to get? Or do you prefer a prostate exam with the left or right hand? ;)

For the record I am with State Farm and haven't had any issues.

prae
05-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by soloracer
Best insurance? Isn't that like asking which STD you would like to get? Or do you prefer a prostate exam with the left or right hand? ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dj_DLX
05-07-2009, 09:21 AM
My insurance is from Wawanesa through a broker and it was way cheaper than the two meloche monnex quotes i got (one as a U of C Alumni and the other as a member of APEGGA).

ExtraSlow
05-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Another fan of Meloche Monnex (now called TD Insurance) here.
I've been with them for a couple of years. i used to be with a couple scabby outfits reccomended by a broker. Not only was Meloche cheaper than the other places, but they so far appear to run a first class operation. I was rear-eneded a couple of years ago, and meloche was a pleasure to deal with through that painful process.
I have my home, two active vehciles, and one stored vehcile insured with them.

w_man
05-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Another Meloche fan!!!

but for ^^ isn't Meloche another division of TD? I mean there's TD insurance for people who are not professionals and don't qualify for Meloche and then there's Meloche for professionals.

The rates for two are very different ... about 1500 a year for me when I did my research back in the day.

Abeo
05-08-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm with Meloche, for home, auto and motorcycle. All my rates went up 15% since last year with no explanation, it had been steadily decreasing since I started with them in 2004. I'm not really happy with them at this point, they have been useless to try to talk to over the past year.

ralliart_girl
05-08-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm pretty sure it isn't just Monnex rates that went up.

rc2002
05-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Meloche was the most expensive company I got quotes from. Even with the professional discounts.

I ended up with PC insurance which was half the quote I got from MM.

eg_eric
05-08-2009, 01:10 PM
look around, if you're a student grad from SAIT, you might be eligible for a discount at TD. I was given a discount (not huge, mind you) but it was at least something, they quoted me at $1500/yr, which is pretty good compared to what i WAS paying for CJ-Campbell Insurance and Wawanesa (my last 2 insurance companies which i paid 2100/yr).