PDA

View Full Version : Question about Car Decks

acmilano
05-05-2009, 02:00 AM
Are there car decks out there that read DVDs and not just CDs?

I dont need a deck with a screen I just want to have the deck be able to read music off the DVD.

5000Audi
05-05-2009, 02:02 AM
yepp

google is a good friend

jingwen
05-05-2009, 02:45 AM
If you only need music,why not to buy a car mp3?

megavolt
05-06-2009, 09:12 AM
He most likely means read MP3's off of a DVD... a lot of us like more than 700MB of selection. 8.5GB is a lot better. Even better is a deck with USB so you can hook an ipod, usb drive or hard drive up to it. :D

acmilano
05-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by megavolt
He most likely means read MP3's off of a DVD... a lot of us like more than 700MB of selection. 8.5GB is a lot better. Even better is a deck with USB so you can hook an ipod, usb drive or hard drive up to it. :D

exactly what i meant.

right now i just burn a data CD and put 700mb worth of music on one cd. i would love to have a deck that reads dvds so i can use between 4 - 8 gb.

as for the ipod, i had mine stolen awhile back and havent bought a new one since.

i already googled before posting this but all i keep finding is decks that are:

CD/CD deck/CD readable/etc. i couldn't find anything with DVD. (but it wasn't a very detailed search).

Anyone have any idea where (of if i even can) get one in calgary? and approximately the cost? if its too expensive i'd rather just buy a new ipod.

xLostx
05-08-2009, 01:14 AM
I used to own a JVC that had a 3.5" screen that played DVD movies on screen and of course read DVD mp3 discs, I forget the model # but I got it for a good price. it was actually this guy

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2005/257/h257KDAVX2-f.jpeg

Future shop sold them, but this was prob 2 years ago or so, take a look around or call some places :dunno:

megavolt
05-08-2009, 07:30 AM
I've got the latest EXAD model, with the 'chameleon' face. Bought it because funny enough it was the cheapest bluetooth enabled deck I could find at the time (was on sale).

bundi
05-08-2009, 08:51 AM
I would recommend buying a deck that reads USB like the new Clarions or something... that way you can use a little flash drive or a portable hard drive... DVD decks are quite expensive last I checked... even the no-screen ones.

em2ab
05-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Ya, I don't think you're going in the right direction. Throw all of your music on a 8 gig flash drive organized by folder and plug it into a deck with USB port. All the folder names come up on the screen and the screen will be larger because you don't have a huge CD slot on the front of it.

megavolt
05-10-2009, 10:27 PM
I can't recall the last deck I saw with the cd slot in the front. Most faces flip down now for disc insertion.