PDA

View Full Version : Crosby: "Can you please ask them to stop throwing hats now?"

Pages : [1] 2

googe
05-05-2009, 02:02 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup/Er2-2/story/2009/05/04/sp-penguins-capitals-gm2.html

Watching Sidney Crosby pull ahead in a superstar showdown, Alex Ovechkin decided to take matters into his own hands.

Ovechkin scored a hat trick, including the winner late in the third period, to lift the Capitals to a thrilling 4-3 win over the Penguins Monday night at the Verizon Center.

Washington's victory spoiled a marvelous performance by Crosby, who also registered a hat trick.

"It's a great atmosphere and when you win the game it's an unbelievable feeling," Ovechkin told Hockey Night in Canada. "People want to see great players play well. Both teams played well and Sidney played great tonight. He scored three goals and brings energy to the team.… He's good."

While the showdown is tied in goals — Ovechkin and Crosby have four apiece — the Capitals are off to a flying start.

The NHL club now has a 2-0 series lead in its Eastern Conference semifinal with the Penguins.

Ovechkin and Crosby are more than living up to their immense hype and so, too, is this series, with the Capitals skating away to a pair of one-goal triumphs.

Washington took advantage of a careless tripping penalty by Pittsburgh centre Evgeni Malkin to forge ahead 3-2 with less than eight minutes remaining in the game.

After a faceoff win, Ovechkin rifled a one-timer to the short side of Fleury.

"Lots of goalies stop me, but I have too many chances to score goals, so sometimes the puck goes into the net," Ovechkin said of the plethora of shots his continues to register on a nightly basis.

He fired 12 at Fleury on Monday.

Malkin, on the other hand, remains a disappointment through the first two games.

Smelling blood, Ovechkin sealed the victory with 4:22 remaining, using Pittsburgh defenceman Sergei Gonchar as a screen before sending a wrist shot over the glove of Fleury — resulting in a flood of red caps onto the ice by the sold-out crowd in honour of his first career playoff hat trick.

"Sick game. Sick three goals by me and Crosby," said Ovechkin, who celebrated by bouncing his body high off the glass following both of his third-period goals.

"It's unbelievable to see how fans react, how fans go crazy. The atmosphere right now, it's unbelievable in town. You see all the red, and — probably I'm afraid to go home right now."

Following a second round of hats that descended to the ice, Crosby chatted with the referee regarding the long delay.

"People kept throwing hats," Crosby said. "And I was just asking if he could make an announcement to ask them to stop."

For his part, Crosby gave the Penguins a chance, netting his third goal of the game by batting a fourth opportunity behind Varlamov on the power play with only 31 seconds left.

In the end, Ovechkin got the help that Crosby didn't receive.

"It's nice to score," said Crosby. "But it's better to win. I'm sure it's entertaining for people to watch, if I were to look at it from a fan's point of view. As a player, you don't like when the guy on the other team gets a hat trick. That's usually not a good sign."

Standing in front of Varlamov, Crosby spotted the loose puck and slipped the shot between the pads of the Washington goaltender.

Ovechkin viewed Crosby's goal from the penalty box as he was serving teammate Alexander Semin's high-sticking penalty.

Like he did in Game 1, Varlamov completely robbed Crosby with Pittsburgh on a five-on-three advantage, taking away the one-timer by sticking out his left pad.

He quickly followed that up with a great glove save off Gonchar.

Ovechkin blasted a Viktor Kozlov pass that beat the out-of-position Fleury just inside the post.

Crosby, however, responded with his seventh goal of the playoffs at 10:57, giving the Penguins a 2-1 edge.

Feeding off Varlamov's terrific play, the Capitals tied the game nearly five minutes later. As the Penguins defence lost sight of Steckel, the Washington centre was able to convert a rebound under the left pad of Fleury.

oh man, are you kidding me :rofl:

Rocky
05-05-2009, 02:04 AM
He's the captain, he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

I would almost consider it a beneficial break to settle down and get the energy level back up for PIT after falling down 4-2. But I guess Crosby saw it as an unfair chance for WSH players to rest.

Fair enough.

5000Audi
05-05-2009, 02:07 AM
thus called Crybaby Crosby he's a winney bitch thats why i hate him. a great player but he bitchs and whins to much

Jim Rome99
05-05-2009, 05:58 AM
Captain Canada sucks. I've watched both games in this series so far and it is plainly obvious that the Russian kid is a way better player.

88CRX
05-05-2009, 06:37 AM
I'm pretty sure Ovie was the one diving all over the ice and crying about missed calls last night and in several game these playoffs.

And they were throwing hats on the ice forever.... must have been a solid 5 minute break.

Canucks3322
05-05-2009, 07:19 AM
^ I can understand that, I would be crying like a baby too because no one in the crowd cares about my own hat trick. waaaah waaaaah waaaaahhhh...I'm not as good as Crosby and everyone hates me waaah waaaah waaaahhh.

Aleks
05-05-2009, 07:38 AM
I hope the Caps sweep the Pens so I don't have to watch/listen CBC guys cheer on Cindy any more.

Oh and that 3rd goal should have never been allowed. That was an obvious cross check to Varlamov's head :dunno:

But to ask for people to stop throwing hats when their player scores a hat trick? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HyperZell
05-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Holy overreaction by most of you guys. So he asked the ref to ask the fans to stop delaying the game, so what? You call that whining? Chill out.

Aleks
05-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Ya maybe next time he could ask the ref to see what he could do about the fans being so damn loud.
:D

TKRIS
05-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Because not enough people make fun of what a whiny pussy Crosby is already?

Had one of those hats glanced the side of his helmet, he'd likely end up on bed rest for the remainder of the series...

sh0ko
05-05-2009, 08:23 AM
if this was in pittsburgh do u think crosby woulda asked for the hat throwing to stop?!

....prob not

mac_82
05-05-2009, 08:27 AM
I don't think it's an overreaction when he has been doing it his whole NHL career. He has been coddled since he was playing in junior.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_jyCzydtWiIQ/RlY92alro_I/AAAAAAAAAfs/Q37TTV6OF2U/s200/Crosby+Whining.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/whiplash27/crosbybaby.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o252/Thrashers_Fan/crosbythecrybaby.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e168/leafsfan87/3772.jpg

Voted the League's Biggest Whiner by Players
h3atOIUzMb0

88CRX
05-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell
Holy overreaction by most of you guys. So he asked the ref to ask the fans to stop delaying the game, so what? You call that whining? Chill out.
:werd:

I don't understand all the Crosby hating..... when he scores or sets up the game winning goal next year in the olympics I wonder if everyone will still hate on him?

Ovie's just as much of a cry baby on the ice.... snaping his head back trying to draw penalties.

Super_Geo
05-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Did Crosby ask the refs after Ov's hat trick, or after his hat trick?

I would understand what Crosby did if it was after his own goal... he brought the Pens within a goal and there's 30 seconds of hockey left to play. You don't want your team to lose momentum, there's still a chance that they could take the game.

If it was after Ov's goal... then yeah, he's a cry-baby bitch :rofl:

I think you guys are a bit over the top with your hate for Crosby though... he's a sick player, I can't wait to see him on Team Canada, it was a huge oversight that he wasn't on the '06 team.

Moonracer
05-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

I don't understand all the Crosby hating..... when he scores or sets up the game winning goal next year in the olympics I wonder if everyone will still hate on him?

Ovie's just as much of a cry baby on the ice.... snaping his head back trying to draw penalties.

I'm with ya man :thumbsup: I like both of them and this series has been good to watch. Hope the pens can take the next two to keep it going.

malcolmk14
05-05-2009, 09:20 AM
The thing about Sidney Crosby is when people can't really find anything else to rip you for because you're amazing, they start to rip you for things that really don't matter.

He's the best player in the NHL, the face of the league, the classiest 21 year old the league's maybe ever seen, and he'll lead Team Canada to Olympic Gold in 9 months.

The guy has faced intense scrutiny and had cameras on him since he was 8 years old, hailed as the "Next Great One". I think he's handled it with more class than any of you (or I) could.

Okay, he complains to the refs a lot. But if you actually WATCHED hockey, instead of just believing what you hear and read about him, you'd see that he puts up with more abuse and plays much more physical than it sounds like he does in the newspaper.

He's the CAPTAIN. It's his JOB to talk to the refs.

Unless you watch Penguins hockey, you really can't appreciate how much Sidney brings to this team and this league.

88CRX
05-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by malcolmk14
The thing about Sidney Crosby is when people can't really find anything else to rip you for because you're amazing, they start to rip you for things that really don't matter.

He's the best player in the NHL, the face of the league, the classiest 21 year old the league's maybe ever seen, and he'll lead Team Canada to Olympic Gold in 9 months.

:werd: :werd: :werd:

No kidding.... Jarome bitches to the ref's just as much as Sidney and everyone loves him. Funny how that works.

All captains (and most players) bitch to ref's non-stop.

googe
05-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Haha fanboy alert.

He's a spoiled baby probably because he got it in his head that he was Wayne Gretzky since he was a junior.

It's funny, when Ovechkin gets owned, his responses are always something positive like "Damn, that guy did good, I need to work harder" and Crosby says shit like "Stop throwing hats!!"

As for classiest the league has ever seen, well the overwhelming majority adamantly disagree with that...52% of the vote for biggest whiner by his peers, beating Chris Pronger at 8%, damn!

So yeah, I'll still hate on him even if he does set up the game winner in the Olympics, because it's all about attitude.

Scoring a hat trick is no small feat in the playoffs, he played pretty amazingly. I just love that the time he does it, Ovechkin one-ups him yet again and has a hat trick of his own as well as winning the game.

Haha, I can only imagine what the Washington fans' reaction would have been if the ref said "Sidney wants you guys to stop throwing hats." Way to fuel the fire!

Unless you watched Penguins hockey 12-15 years ago, you can't really appreciate that Ovechkin is the best talent the league has seen since Mario Lemieux :bigpimp:

masoncgy
05-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Ovechkin > Crosby

Forget statistics... Ovie brings that extra something into the game, and I love it.

stevieo
05-05-2009, 10:46 AM
^^^ diving is what he brings HAHA. should join ruutu.

CROSBY >>>>>> OVECHKIN

its his job as the captain to get the game rolling they were down by 2, what do you expect?

ovechkin scores hat trick, hats rain down, clean up. hats rain down AGAIN, clean up. it kills momentum if you are trying to get back in the game.

edit: you know when people take liberties with you since you were a kid because you have so much skills what do you expect? if i were him getting hacked and slashed since i was a kid - i'd fucking for sure make sure the refs know. it might not work all the time but at least the refs will keep their eye out. i dont hear you guys bitching about gretzky whining and shit when he used to play haha.

petoria
05-05-2009, 10:47 AM
sidney crosby ftl :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Skyline_Addict
05-05-2009, 11:00 AM
love them or hate them (ovechkin/crosby), this is atleast an entertaining series unlike what our flames were able to bring. hope it goes the length and the caps come out on top...

ovechkin > crosby!

riander5
05-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Ovechkin = puck hog.
When you take 30-40% of your teams shots every game, sure some of them will go in. He takes so many shots from ridiculous positions or angles that he could maybe turn into a good play were he not so selfish.

Thats the difference between him and crosby, ovechkin is a one man team, crosby is a team player and leader

masoncgy
05-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by stevieo
i dont hear you guys bitching about gretzky whining and shit when he used to play haha.

Start a new thread and I'm sure the gang will oblige. ;)

SOAB
05-05-2009, 11:24 AM
i don't think you can even compare those 2. they are so alike yet so different in their styles.

OV = one man show, big strong hitter, not much back check, super long shifts and needs the freedom to do what he wants, when he wants (read: won't play a structured style)

Sid = team player, can play decent defense for a smaller guy, will lead Canada to a gold medal.

they are both awesome highlight reel players. and they both whine and dive with the best of them.

Hakkola
05-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by googe
Haha fanboy alert.

As for classiest the league has ever seen, well the overwhelming majority adamantly disagree with that...52% of the vote for biggest whiner by his peers, beating Chris Pronger at 8%, damn!

Scoring a hat trick is no small feat in the playoffs, he played pretty amazingly. I just love that the time he does it, Ovechkin one-ups him yet again and has a hat trick of his own as well as winning the game.

Unless you watched Penguins hockey 12-15 years ago, you can't really appreciate that Ovechkin is the best talent the league has seen since Mario Lemieux :bigpimp:

Haha, fanboy alert! When asked when starting a new team in a league and chosing any player to lead that team, general managers chose Crosby over Ovechkin by a long shot.

Originally posted by masoncgy
Ovechkin > Crosby

Forget statistics... Ovie brings that extra something into the game, and I love it.

They're both exciting to watch, but the stats are a big part of it, Ovie's shooting percentage is one of the worst in the league, he doesn't play good D and never plays on the penalty kill, Crosby does. He also takes stupid long shifts, Ovie isn't much of a team player, Crosby is.

^^^ diving is what he brings HAHA. should join ruutu.

CROSBY > OVECHKIN

:werd: I saw him dive twice in 1 min, once with the ghost cross check to his face, and then a minute later on the power play when someone touch his leg he wobbled and fell on his ass.

That said, I like Ovie, he's fun to watch, but the hate for Crosby is unwarrented and Ovie isn't even close to the perfect player.

leftwing
05-05-2009, 11:31 AM

The guy has faced intense scrutiny and had cameras on him since he was 8 years old, hailed as the "Next Great One". I think he's handled it with more class than any of you (or I) could.

Okay, he complains to the refs a lot. But if you actually WATCHED hockey, instead of just believing what you hear and read about him, you'd see that he puts up with more abuse and plays much more physical than it sounds like he does in the newspaper.

i totally agreee haha. i can tell that all of the guys posting in here dont know much about hockey and just beleive what they hear on the tube or radio.

if you were actually watching the game you would have realised that he asked them to stop throwing hats because it went on for more then 5 mins. they threw the first wave of hats then they got most of them cleaned up then they threw some more....kinda gets annoying when your trying to play the game, and it got old really fast watching it.

and its totally true that you gotta find something to beak him about because he is soo good that you cant beak anything about his game, so you gotta beak other shit.

if ovie could speak proper english im sure he would talk to the refs. just like any other captain who talks to the refs.

i hate people who try and beak hockey players for shit they hear, and you can tell who they are cause they repeat basically word for word what you hear on the tv.
Unless you watch Penguins hockey, you really can't appreciate how much Sidney brings to this team and this league.

malcolmk14
05-05-2009, 11:54 AM
I just don't understand why people who love one of them need to hate the other. You get a bunch of people who are like "Ovechkin's way better, Crosby's a whiny little girl".

Yeah, okay, Crosby complains. We get it. But how does that make Ovechkin a better player?

You might LIKE Ovechkins personality more, but that doesn't make him better.

Crosby has been to Game 6 of a Stanley Cup Final. Ovechkin hasn't done anything in terms of success.

Crosby is the better leader, the more talented playmaker, and the smarter hockey player both offensively and defensively. Ovechkin is flashy, a more talented scorer, and more physical, he's like a machine. Crosby plays a more intellectual game.

I appreciate what both of them bring to the table, but to argue that Ovechkin is better because Crosby talks to the refs more is absolute garbage. Watch the game. Crosby is the more dominant force on the ice.

SOAB
05-05-2009, 11:59 AM

OV is awesome but his style is flash and power.

Crosby can play many different ways. grind, forecheck, cycle, etc.

Spoons
05-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
thus called Crybaby Crosby he's a winney bitch thats why i hate him. a great player but he bitchs and whins to much

Why because he wanted to get the game going? Have you ever played hockey? Sound like a lot of people here never played hockey as a kid, otherwise you would 100% agree.

When your team sits, all you are doing is losing momentum. Yes nice break, but not a 5 fucking minute one. You need to keep your team going. He was doing his job as a team captain and a professional. I am sure ovie thought the exact same way. He wanted his players back on the ice quickly to keep the momentum going.

What he said was correct, don't know why you guys are making a big deal about it... I'm sorry to say but Crosby isn't the whiner, Flames fans are (I am assuming a majority of you posting on this are Flames fans). Flames fans are the only ones I've met who bitch and complain about Crosby a ridiculous amount.

sputnik
05-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
They're both exciting to watch, but the stats are a big part of it, Ovie's shooting percentage is one of the worst in the league, he doesn't play good D and never plays on the penalty kill, Crosby does. He also takes stupid long shifts, Ovie isn't much of a team player, Crosby is.

Who cares if he has a lousy shooting percentage. You don't score any goals if you don't shoot the puck.

He doesn't play on the Penalty Kill? Who CARES?! Ovechkin plays 30 minutes a game. He can sit out and let the rest of his team kill a penalty. The Caps are doing just fine on the PK with a 30/32 record so far in the playoffs. Sounds like a good chance for Ovechkin to get a rest.

For me to comes to attitude. Ovechkin honestly looks and seems like he LOVES playing hockey and talking about hockey. Compared to Crosby who only loves being Sidney Crosby and talking about Sidney Crosby.

malcolmk14
05-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Crosby doesn't play much on the penalty kill. Malkin does.

Ovechkin doesn't play near 30 minutes a game.

And you've got to be joking that Crosby only likes talking about Crosby. What the hell do you base that on?

est1989
05-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Ovechkin is wayyyyyyyyyy better than Crosby.

If it wasnt for all his dumb commercials on tv, and his fanboys on TSN and CBC, then Crosby would just be a typical 30-40 goal scorer. There's at least 50 players in the league with talent equal to or greater than his, but he is marketed to be the best out there. All the other players are living in Crosby's shadow.

88CRX
05-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by est1989

If it wasnt for all his dumb commercials on tv, and his fanboys on TSN and CBC, then Crosby would just be a typical 30-40 goal scorer. There's at least 50 players in the league with talent equal to or greater than his, but he is marketed to be the best out there. All the other players are living in Crosby's shadow.

LOL

Are you related to Alex Semin by any chance?

mr2mike
05-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Cindy Crosby... cryin again.

What's next? When Ovechkin wins the Hart, will Cindy ask the crowd to stop clapping?

Fuck you Crosby and your bitch ass 6 swings, jam at the puck goal for the hat-trick!

5000Audi
05-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

Why because he wanted to get the game going? Have you ever played hockey? Sound like a lot of people here never played hockey as a kid, otherwise you would 100% agree.

sorry mate, ive been playing hockey since i was 5 years old...still do..

1) you guys are complaining how ovie dives, simply search crosby on youtube and im sure you will see ALOT of his dives.

2) wish Scott Stevens would make a comeback, crosby would get nailed, and then go bitch about it, ovie on the other hand would go after him and try and nail him..

3)anyone seen crosbys last fight err should i say attack.. off the draw jerseys the guy before he could look up... thats the pussy way to fight..

4) i hope ovie will nail crosby and take him out of the playoffs

5) GO CAPITALS GO

6) oh yeah, wont give 2 shits if crosby sets up winning goals on team canada, ill still hate the guy

also one other thing.. i hate gretsky also...

Aleks
05-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

What he said was correct, don't know why you guys are making a big deal about it... I'm sorry to say but Crosby isn't the whiner, Flames fans are (I am assuming a majority of you posting on this are Flames fans). Flames fans are the only ones I've met who bitch and complain about Crosby a ridiculous amount.

52% of his peers said he was the biggest whiner, the next guy on the list had 8% of the votes.

I am sure the guys on the ice are making that up because they are all jelaous. :dunno:

max_boost
05-05-2009, 01:57 PM
They are both GREAT players but go about things differently.

Ovechkin is awesome. Hard hitting, hard charging, great skill, wicked shot and just displays passion you don't see in your typical player. Power forward.

Crosby, again, great skill, great vision, leader, works extremely hard to be the best. Finesse player.

FWIW, googe has been the #1 Ovechkin fan 2005. He has always defended him haha even when Crosby was snatching up the Hart/Pearson/Art Ross he still said OV>87.

stevieo
05-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Cindy Crosby... cryin again.

What's next? When Ovechkin wins the Hart, will Cindy ask the crowd to stop clapping?

Fuck you Crosby and your bitch ass 6 swings, jam at the puck goal for the hat-trick!

HAhahahaha, fuck it right? if the whistle didn't blow the play aint dead. if your favorite team/player keeps jamming at the puck and scores "oh ya thats heart right there boys, never giving up on the play till its over and he gets rewarded with a goal!"

1) you guys are complaining how ovie dives, simply search crosby on youtube and im sure you will see ALOT of his dives.

2) wish Scott Stevens would make a comeback, crosby would get nailed, and then go bitch about it, ovie on the other hand would go after him and try and nail him..

3)anyone seen crosbys last fight err should i say attack.. off the draw jerseys the guy before he could look up... thats the pussy way to fight..

5) GO CAPITALS GO

6) oh yeah, wont give 2 shits if crosby sets up winning goals on team canada, ill still hate the guy

i've yet to see crosby dive, i got NHL center ice i watch alot of games haha. ya I agree some of his fights aren't great but fuck the guy aint no fighter. ovechkin? ya go search his dirty ass hits from behind and stuff too then. stevens wouldn't even be able to catch crosby with an open ice hit.

Originally posted by Aleks

52% of his peers said he was the biggest whiner, the next guy on the list had 8% of the votes.

I am sure the guys on the ice are making that up because they are all jelaous. :dunno:

they could be. crosby probably puts up more points by himself than 52% of the league together hahaha. honestly when you are good people will do whatever or say whatever to get you off your game. if they know he gets bothered by people saying he whines alot im sure they will keep stuffing it in his face.

SOAB
05-05-2009, 02:08 PM

way better? i wouldn't go that far. his style of play is definitely more exciting, but way better? common!

if 50 players have as much or more skill than Crosby, than he should not be 3rd in points for the regular season right behind OV by 7 points.

i think the main reason why everyone hates on Crosby is because we've been pummelled with Crosby news from the media for years and years. any way you look at it, Crosby is an ELITE NHL player and not many players in the world has his skills.

also, i think having the weight of Canadian hockey dreams on your shoulders since you were a kid is a pretty heavy burden for him. the pressure is huge for him to perform well under the spotlight.

i'm sure OV has the same pressures from Russia but nowhere near the same extent.

mac_82
05-05-2009, 02:15 PM
stevens wouldn't even be able to catch crosby with an open ice hit.

I will have to agree to disagree on that comment.

uffmr1h86uU

On hits #5 or #4 if it was Stevens who hit Crosby he would be more concussed than Paul Kariya.

Unfortunately we will have to play the what if game on that one.

88CRX
05-05-2009, 02:20 PM
LOL

Rh6t7McxDQc

SOAB
05-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by mac_82

uffmr1h86uU

On hits #5 or #4 if it was Stevens who hit Crosby he would be more concussed than Paul Kariya.

too bad that hit on Paul Kariya was WAY, WAY late yet the league didn't do anything about it because it was Scott Stevens and not Donald Brashear.

if you watch Sid skate, he never skates with his head down. ever. that is how Stevens was able to destroy so many people.

alloroc
05-05-2009, 02:44 PM
[B i dont hear you guys bitching about gretzky whining and shit when he used to play haha. [/B]

I really want to respond to this with "... It's probably because you weren't alive in the late 80's and I didn't screw your Mother yet" but I won't.

Seriously how old are you I think back in the late 80's the whole CITY was chanting WHIIINNNEER WHIIINNER every time Peplinski would brush by Gretzky's arm and he would go running to the ref to complain.

Not only is Crosby a whiner he is a diving whiner.
9QN4J6U_CuA

alloroc
05-05-2009, 02:50 PM

uffmr1h86uU

Wow after watching that vid I revamp my title he's a Turtling-Diving-Whiner

stevieo
05-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

I really want to respond to this with "... It's probably because you weren't alive in the late 80's and I didn't screw your Mother yet" but I won't.

Seriously how old are you I think back in the late 80's the whole CITY was chanting WHIIINNNEER WHIIINNER every time Peplinski would brush by Gretzky's arm and he would go running to the ref to complain.

Not only is Crosby a whiner he is a diving whiner.
9QN4J6U_CuA

i really want to say "actually I was alive, and you are lucky enough to lose your virginity from a broomstick, let alone be able to have sex with my mom." but I won't either.

of course you do what you got to do to get him off his game. if you don't there is a good chance hes gonna be dropping at least 2 pts on your team. when you are that good people will do whatever it takes to make you fuck up. they will take liberties with you, they will push your buttons.

stevieo
05-05-2009, 03:04 PM

uffmr1h86uU

oh ya totally true about the what if part haha.
but really i dunno those hits didn't look that devastating. it seems like he got back up and skated back into play almost everytime. but like we said what if stevens hit crosby blah blah we'll never see.

mr2mike
05-05-2009, 03:06 PM
People push Ovechkin's buttons too but it would appear that he doesn't care a whole lot and still goes out and runs his show.

Cindy needs to grow up and just ignore it and play hockey.

stevieo
05-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
People push Ovechkin's buttons too but it would appear that he doesn't care a whole lot and still goes out and runs his show.

Cindy needs to grow up and just ignore it and play hockey.

he is playing hockey, he is carrying the penguins with fleury. malkin is no where to be found right now.
crosby is 2 years younger puts out a better ppg average regular season and playoffs than ovechkin over his career so far.

dezmarez
05-05-2009, 03:20 PM
now as the one wearing the C...he HAS to go talk to the officials,
now i bet it was the coach or most of the players on Pittsburgh asking for the hats to stop...but wearing the C he has to go talk...
i agree he complains alot and all that

malcolmk14
05-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

way better? i wouldn't go that far. his style of play is definitely more exciting, but way better? common!

if 50 players have as much or more skill than Crosby, than he should not be 3rd in points for the regular season right behind OV by 7 points.

i think the main reason why everyone hates on Crosby is because we've been pummelled with Crosby news from the media for years and years. any way you look at it, Crosby is an ELITE NHL player and not many players in the world has his skills.

also, i think having the weight of Canadian hockey dreams on your shoulders since you were a kid is a pretty heavy burden for him. the pressure is huge for him to perform well under the spotlight.

i'm sure OV has the same pressures from Russia but nowhere near the same extent.

Thank you! This is pretty right on.

People might hate the Crosby news they are subjected to by the media, and sometimes it may seem that he is being shoved down our throats, but that's a different issue altogether.

Still no one has presented a valid argument as to why they think Ovechkin is the BETTER PLAYER. Forget their attitudes.

max_boost
05-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Has Ovechkin fought anyone yet?

max_boost
05-05-2009, 03:55 PM
BTW, the logic is simple why Ovechkin is better than Crosby.

Goals > Assists

Therefore

OV > 87

LOL

Crosby just needs to score more and it'll be the end of this debate. Anyhow, Pens are in tough, down 2-0 is rough.

vengie
05-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by dezmarez
now as the one wearing the C...he HAS to go talk to the officials,
now i bet it was the coach or most of the players on Pittsburgh asking for the hats to stop...but wearing the C he has to go talk...
i agree he complains alot and all that

Have you played hockey? the assistant captain "A" has just as much authority to talk to the officials as much as the "C" does...

Originally posted by max_boost

he has fought mike richards, paul gaustad and a couple other people i cannot remember, much tougher crowd then cindy would even attempt to enter...

dr_jared88
05-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Bz-1VGQbEWc

Jim Rome99
05-05-2009, 04:44 PM
I love how everyone here is all like "wait until the Olympics and Crosby leads Canada to the gold".

Ovechkin has already beaten Canada in the Olympics. Don't you guys all remember the 1-0 defeat back in Turin 2006 when Russia completely shut Canada down in the quarter finals?

SOAB
05-05-2009, 04:46 PM
i blame that on Gretzky and his stupid choices for the team. not very many of our top players got picked because of what the original team did in 2002.

plus, Crosby wasn't on that team.

sh0ko
05-05-2009, 04:51 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=421557

=)

SOAB
05-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by sh0ko
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=421557

=)

oh shit. someone was saying something about whining? :rofl:

stevieo
05-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by vengie

Have you played hockey? the assistant captain "A" has just as much authority to talk to the officials as much as the "C" does...

he has fought mike richards, paul gaustad and a couple other people i cannot remember, much tougher crowd then cindy would even attempt to enter...

HAHAHAHA he didn't fight paul gaustad
he hit briere from behind and gaustad went after him and got in one hit and that was it.

NxMJrQhGoSg

95teetee
05-05-2009, 05:20 PM

for me, it'll be like Bertuzzi scoring for the Flames- I'll be glad for the event, not the individual doing it.

and people are comparing a guy complaining about his goalie getting a stick to the throat with a guy whining about hats?

Aleks
05-05-2009, 05:26 PM

oh shit. someone was saying something about whining? :rofl:

I guess it's settled. Crosby is a cry baby. Lets see if we can find what other NHL players complain Crosbylike ;)

By the way that goal should have never counted. And Kunitz SHOULD be suspended for such a dirty play.

alloroc
05-05-2009, 06:01 PM

i really want to say "actually I was alive, and you are lucky enough to lose your virginity from a broomstick, let alone be able to have sex with my mom." but I won't either.

That made me laugh, you redeemed yourself :thumbsup:

eblend
05-05-2009, 06:07 PM

HAhahahaha, fuck it right? if the whistle didn't blow the play aint dead. if your favorite team/player keeps jamming at the puck and scores "oh ya thats heart right there boys, never giving up on the play till its over and he gets rewarded with a goal!"

i've yet to see crosby dive, i got NHL center ice i watch alot of games haha. ya I agree some of his fights aren't great but fuck the guy aint no fighter. ovechkin? ya go search his dirty ass hits from behind and stuff too then. stevens wouldn't even be able to catch crosby with an open ice hit.

they could be. crosby probably puts up more points by himself than 52% of the league together hahaha. honestly when you are good people will do whatever or say whatever to get you off your game. if they know he gets bothered by people saying he whines alot im sure they will keep stuffing it in his face.

didn't read all the pages so someone may have posted this already....you got to learn how to use youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Zxie8_mp0

mowglee
05-05-2009, 06:49 PM

5) GO CAPITALS GO

Could not have said it any better :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

88CRX
05-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Anyone watching coachs corner.

Ovie fail. LOL

sl888
05-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Anyone watching coachs corner.

Ovie fail. LOL
:rofl:

est1989
05-05-2009, 07:25 PM
^ Funny how Cherry only shines a light on ovechkins flaws. He only ever compliments Crosby, and I know ive seen him take a dive or two as well!

CMW403
05-05-2009, 07:49 PM

And you've got to be joking that Crosby only likes talking about Crosby. What the hell do you base that on?

ovechkins average playing time in game 7 against the rangers was 24 minutes. so he was off by 6.

OVECHKIN>>>>>>>>>>>>>CINDY

all you guys keep talking about crosby's stats and how ovechkin has no shooting percentage. that doesn't mean anything. ovechkin brings something to the game that no one does and thats his attitude. his sheer presence electrifies the ice and his whole team plays like superstars. you never hear him talk down about anyone, he is always saying how good crosby is and how he himself can improve. crosby could talk about himself all day long and not even notice. he gets his diaper all in a bunch when ovechkin scores a hat trick just because the fans want to celebrate? grow up you whiny little bitch.

SOAB
05-05-2009, 11:16 PM
so how long should he fans be allowed to celebrate a goal? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? untill every hat has been thrown on the ice? there has to be a limit. Crosby did his job to try and get the refs to move the game along.

Hakkola
05-05-2009, 11:45 PM

:rofl: Crosby plays on the pk quite often, he fights too, not the toughest players, but at least he fights.

This isn't directed at you, but so many people would say Crosby isn't even the best player on his team. Where's Malkin now?

That said, I like Malkin too. :D

Hakkola
05-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Jim Rome99

Ovechkin has already beaten Canada in the Olympics. Don't you guys all remember the 1-0 defeat back in Turin 2006 when Russia completely shut Canada down in the quarter finals?

Finland beat Canada yesterday at the IIHF.

Jarkko Ruutu > Martin St. Louis

CMW403
05-05-2009, 11:54 PM

Finland beat Canada yesterday at the IIHF.

Jarkko Ruutu > Martin St. Louis

what does that have to do with crosby being a baby?

Hakkola
05-06-2009, 12:07 AM
They are both GREAT players but go about things differently.

Ovechkin is awesome. Hard hitting, hard charging, great skill, wicked shot

Crosby has 8 goals on 35 shots, versus Ovie's 7 on 70 shots. What makes his shot better than Crosby's? Phaneuf has a "wicked shot" how many goals did he score this year?

Regular season? Crosby at 13.9% and Ovie at... Well, I don't know, I stopped looking after the top 150.

Originally posted by CMW403

what does that have to do with crosby being a baby?

Follow the logic, what does Ovie winning against Canada have to do with him being better than Crosby? Especially when judging against Canadian int teams which every year has chosen old useless players instead of people who actually belong there.

Aleks
05-06-2009, 06:52 AM
^ Funny how Cherry only shines a light on ovechkins flaws. He only ever compliments Crosby, and I know ive seen him take a dive or two as well!

Cherry ripping on European players? I am shocked!!

malcolmk14
05-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by CMW403

ovechkins average playing time in game 7 against the rangers was 24 minutes. so he was off by 6.

OVECHKIN>>>>>>>>>>>>>CINDY

all you guys keep talking about crosby's stats and how ovechkin has no shooting percentage. that doesn't mean anything. ovechkin brings something to the game that no one does and thats his attitude. his sheer presence electrifies the ice and his whole team plays like superstars. you never hear him talk down about anyone, he is always saying how good crosby is and how he himself can improve. crosby could talk about himself all day long and not even notice. he gets his diaper all in a bunch when ovechkin scores a hat trick just because the fans want to celebrate? grow up you whiny little bitch.

Ovechkin played 21 minutes and 24 seconds in game 7 vs the Rangers. That's a FAR cry from averaging 30 minutes PER GAME. Get real.

FWIW I think the shooting % stat doesn't mean anything either.

I'm not taking anything away from Ovechkin. He's amazing. But I just think Crosby is better and I haven't heard a reasonable argument to convince me otherwise.

From what I see ON THE ICE, Crosby is the better player.

malcolmk14
05-06-2009, 09:03 AM

:rofl: Crosby plays on the pk quite often, he fights too, not the toughest players, but at least he fights.

This isn't directed at you, but so many people would say Crosby isn't even the best player on his team. Where's Malkin now?

That said, I like Malkin too. :D

You're absolutely right. After Jordan Staal, Maxime Talbot, Pascal Dupuis, Matt Cooke, and Evgeni Malkin, he is their top PKing forward. He plays less than 1 minute per game on the PK.

max_boost
05-06-2009, 10:14 AM

Crosby has 8 goals on 35 shots, versus Ovie's 7 on 70 shots. What makes his shot better than Crosby's? Phaneuf has a "wicked shot" how many goals did he score this year?

Regular season? Crosby at 13.9% and Ovie at... Well, I don't know, I stopped looking after the top 150.

haha I never said OV > 87. I said they were both great. If anything I should have said OV is a better scorer instead of having a wicked shot lol

nodoubtt
05-06-2009, 10:33 AM
ovechkin is exactly what the league needs for its image, and crosby is the exact opposite

CMW403
05-06-2009, 10:41 AM

Ovechkin played 21 minutes and 24 seconds in game 7 vs the Rangers. That's a FAR cry from averaging 30 minutes PER GAME. Get real.

FWIW I think the shooting % stat doesn't mean anything either.

I'm not taking anything away from Ovechkin. He's amazing. But I just think Crosby is better and I haven't heard a reasonable argument to convince me otherwise.

From what I see ON THE ICE, Crosby is the better player.

sorry i meant game 6

dezmarez
05-06-2009, 10:44 AM

Hockey is not like Basektball where your FG% is of huge importance. Shooting generates chances, if anything Crosby should be shooting more!! Look at all 3 of his goals last game, they were caused by someone else shooting the puck. Shooting % doesn't mean anything, all it means for a guy with a good shooting % is he doesn't shoot the puck enough. Look at the Red Wings the miss the net on purpose to generate chances, how many goals do you see go in off of rebounds, or how many times is the offensive team able to maintain control after getting a rebound, or winning the draw after the goale covers it.

I'm sorry but that argument is brutal when it comes to the game of hockey.

stevieo
05-06-2009, 11:27 AM
hahaha eblend, i've never seen that. my bad.

and yeah shooting % doesn't mean much. lots of goals come from rebounds and jamming away at the puck. anyways.

Hakkola
05-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by dezmarez

Hockey is not like Basektball where your FG% is of huge importance.
I'm sorry but that argument is brutal when it comes to the game of hockey.

Sorry, but I was obviously commenting on the fact that Ovie's shot isn't very good. If his shots were creating so many chances, then he would likely have more assists. Most of the shots are harmless. There are several defensemen who take most their shots from the blueline and have better shooting percentages.

SOAB
05-06-2009, 11:55 PM

Sorry, but I was obviously commenting on the fact that Ovie's shot isn't very good. If his shots were creating so many chances, then he would likely have more assists. Most of the shots are harmless. There are several defensemen who take most their shots from the blueline and have better shooting percentages.

i disagree. i think he has a great shot, but he just takes the shot from anywhere and everywhere. most of them are low-percentage shots, like from just inside the blueline, but he still scores because his shot is so good.

sh0ko
05-07-2009, 08:28 AM

i disagree. i think he has a great shot, but he just takes the shot from anywhere and everywhere. most of them are low-percentage shots, like from just inside the blueline, but he still scores because his shot is so good.

i hate to say this.... but half the "good shots" out there nowadays aint cuz of the player.... look at that damn stick flex

SOAB
05-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by sh0ko

i hate to say this.... but half the "good shots" out there nowadays aint cuz of the player.... look at that damn stick flex

i don't see why that matters. everyone has access to the same equipment.

if you think you can shoot like OV because you buy a stick like him, you're in for a reality check.

i had the same badminton racket as the #1 singles player in the world, doesn't mean i can smash like him.

in*10*se
05-07-2009, 08:57 AM
^ thats cause you smash like a girl....

sh0ko
05-07-2009, 09:20 AM

i don't see why that matters. everyone has access to the same equipment.

if you think you can shoot like OV because you buy a stick like him, you're in for a reality check.

i had the same badminton racket as the #1 singles player in the world, doesn't mean i can smash like him.

and i 100% agree

but u hafta admit .. a badminton racket dosent exactly flex like a modern day hockey stick....im just trying to point out the fact.. that extra edge some players might seem to have in their shot is actually done by the stick ..while sure it takes skill to use the stick properly in the first place... slap a wooden stick in ovie OR crosbys hands and see if theyd be as good as old school players and their wooden sticks...

i think they did a test on this in sport science and the wooden stick matched up pretty poorly compared to modern day sticks...

but like u said... everyones got access to the same gear...everyones on the same playing field

and i cant imagine how much btter goalies are now cuz of it

SOAB
05-07-2009, 09:22 AM
you'd be surprised about how much a badminton racket can flex. but thats for a different thread.

googe
05-07-2009, 10:24 AM
FWIW, googe has been the #1 Ovechkin fan 2005. He has always defended him haha even when Crosby was snatching up the Hart/Pearson/Art Ross he still said OV>87.

Ovechkin already one-upped that a year earlier, by doing the same thing, except adding the Rocket Richard trophy to the mix ;)

"During the 2007–08 season, he led the NHL with 65 goals and 112 points to capture the Rocket Richard and Art Ross Trophies. That season he also won the Lester B. Pearson Award as the top player voted by the NHL Players' Association and the Hart Memorial Trophy as the league's MVP. He is the only player to win all four awards since the Rocket Richard trophy's inception in 1999."

Hell, Malkin > Crosby :D

Splooge
05-08-2009, 11:51 AM
:whocares: they're both stellar players

stevieo
05-08-2009, 07:28 PM
crosby owned ovechkin today HAHAHAHA
and nice knee on knee by ovechkin on gonchar too. dirty pos

SoSlowDx
05-09-2009, 03:21 AM
crosby owned ovechkin today HAHAHAHA
and nice knee on knee by ovechkin on gonchar too. dirty pos

Watched the highlights from TSN. Didn't like the knee on knee and Ovechkin shooting the puck at the penguin player.

To me Ovechkin is exciting to watch more than Crosby. Crosby is more rounded player to me. :goflames:

Street_Soldier
05-09-2009, 08:30 AM
Ughh too bad for Gonch

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5255/3513514807bd057d0ed6.jpg

911fever
05-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Ovechkin is a hell of a hockey player. Much stronger than Crosby and IMO, more of a physical presence and an invigorating, exciting player. He's a goal scorer, while Crosby is a whining playmaker.

stevieo
05-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by 911fever
Ovechkin is a hell of a hockey player. Much stronger than Crosby and IMO, more of a physical presence and an invigorating, exciting player. He's a goal scorer, while Crosby is a whining playmaker.

ovechkin can watch crosby whine his way into the eastern finals vs carolina next week :)

CMW403
05-10-2009, 02:08 PM

ovechkin can watch crosby whine his way into the eastern finals vs carolina next week :)

if that happens, he'd be happy too. im sure he'd rather retain his dignity than be known as the NHL's only girl.

dj_honda
05-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Wow can't believe I missed this thread...

I like Ovie a lot but there is no comparison. He's a ways away from the best all around player in the NHL, Crosby. That's why Pittsburgh's been there before, and will be in the finals again, and why Washington isn't going anywhere.

Whoever said most flames fans are the ones who hate Crosby the most, I've noticed that as well haha.

signature7
05-10-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm not much of an Ovie fan, but I appreciate the excitement it's brought to the game. Ovie, Crosby, and Geno even Iginla in the mix will bring nothing but positivity to the league and the game.

IMO though, Crosby > Ovie and everyone else. lol

max_boost
05-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda

Whoever said most flames fans are the ones who hate Crosby the most, I've noticed that as well haha.

That's because we didn't draft him. If we did, oh shit haha

I also notice when OV goes for a big hit, he always leaves his feet aka jumps at the guy. Well, because it's OV, you know the league won't do anything and that knee on knee on Gonchar was dirty man.