PDA

View Full Version : help fast

redline_13000
10-23-2003, 04:21 PM
hey guys i lost the key for my lugnut lock, or what ever there called. is there somewhere i can go get one or what?

CelicaST-162
10-23-2003, 04:28 PM
Only thing I can think of is go to like crappy tire or something, they have a special tool that grips the outside of the lock to loosen it.

Weapon_R
10-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Talk to Roger :D

He'll rip em off in 20 mins.

cocoabrova
10-23-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm pretty sure you CAN'T buy that tool from normal parts stores. Go to a tire shop and they'll get it off. Or if you have a good chisel/ball peen hammer, turn the sucka out yourself:thumbsup:

ryder_23
10-23-2003, 04:32 PM
get your hands on some liquid nitrogen, freeze it then chisel...dont think that easy to get ahold of it tho, might be wrong

dealerships can do it, or tire places, but at a cost

Ben
10-23-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
get your hands on some liquid nitrogen, freeze it then chisel...dont think that easy to get ahold of it tho, might be wrong

dealerships can do it, or tire places, but at a cost

Meanwhile you've just weakened the integrity of your rim if you get it on the rim.

Wildcat
10-23-2003, 05:20 PM
nothing the gator grip cant solve! :D

pick one up at canadian tire... locking nuts dont stand a chance... secret of thieves everywhere! :D

CelicaST-162
10-23-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
I'm pretty sure you CAN'T buy that tool from normal parts stores. Go to a tire shop and they'll get it off. Or if you have a good chisel/ball peen hammer, turn the sucka out yourself:thumbsup:

Im not saying buy it, I meant go to the service shop and getting them to get it off for you, thats what happened to me when the tire decided to dislodge itself from the rim.

redline_13000
10-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Talk to Roger :D

He'll rip em off in 20 mins.

lol, good idea. I bet he'll use his fingers

Originally posted by Wildcat
nothing the gator grip cant solve! :D

pick one up at canadian tire... locking nuts dont stand a chance... secret of thieves everywhere! :D

i was thinking about that but wasnt sure. I think ill buy one anyways hopefully it works. I dont wanna pay some shop just to take off some lugs.