PDA

View Full Version : U of C Clubs

CanadianFC
10-22-2003, 10:28 AM
Hey thich which club are you in?

thich
10-22-2003, 10:06 PM
I am president of the Vietnamese Students' Association, member of KSA, member of TSA and member of AIM (alliance in marketing).

the only one i really participate in is really the VSA tho.

CanadianFC
10-22-2003, 11:12 PM
I thought Mary was the president of VSA.

Either way, I'm VP of MISA. Drop by and say hi if you got the chance.

thich
10-23-2003, 08:59 AM
mary? nah, she's almost graduated
is this Khoi?

CanadianFC
10-23-2003, 12:35 PM
Yea, who's this?

thich
10-23-2003, 05:01 PM
lol. it's thich.
we met in Spring semester during FNCE317; i was the short viet guy with Tony/Tuan
i was also in ur class i think

CanadianFC
10-23-2003, 11:11 PM
hah, I think I kinda remember, small world man..
Hey, cool new thread, thanks to the mod... So what clubs is everyone in at the U? What kind of events do you guy run? let's not waste the thread.

thich
10-23-2003, 11:12 PM
calgary is a small city lol.
and vietnamese community is smaller yet.

so what club is everyone in?

That.Guy.S30
10-24-2003, 12:02 AM
none.. i was goin to join the vsa.. haah then i figured out got no time to do hwk so why bother with a club

gkAeris
10-24-2003, 01:36 AM
CSS!!!!

by force my sister is on the committee

wanna-be
10-24-2003, 09:27 AM
haha, MISA

I was apart of MISA back in the day. what a complete waste of time.

girlRACER
10-24-2003, 09:52 AM
hehe...GNOSIS. Religious Studies Students Club. We have field trips every 2 weeks that go to different religious services. Last week it was the Calgary Jewish Centre.
:)

CanadianFC
10-24-2003, 12:51 PM
Hey MISA's cool! haha, we're trying to change our image, it's hard to throw good events when the school only gives you about 1% of there alotted clubs funding, as compared with other clubs.
Luncheon + Access Seminars is all we do.
But hey, Ron and Frank loves us so good for references later.
=)

That CSS/HKSA/TSA/WhateverSA party last year was so.. um.. interesting, yeah.. . I don't think I've ever been in a club before where the DJ played Korean, Japanese, slow songs, and can't forget Kriss Kross. I'm suprised no one got in a fight with all the hardcore staredowns everyone was giving everyone else.
Either way, hope you guys throw another one this year, haha!

wanna-be
10-24-2003, 01:15 PM
haha, ron and frank - yeah those guys are cool, they give you reference no matter what.

i remember we ran the Information Gateway, took up about 2 years to set it up. Suppose to be an annual thing, but i never heard about it again after that 1 time. Maybe 'cause i was in misa that year.

access seminars, i can't believe they're so many dumbasses that actually need that. i've ran a couple of those.

as for funding, misa charges the highest than any other club (10bux). the one year we had, we also had the highest enrollment ~500 members. funding wasn't a problem :)

CanadianFC
10-25-2003, 12:24 AM
how the heck did you guys get ~500 ppl.. We only wish we can get that many members. They only let about 110 in third year now, direct entry bullcrap, so some second years can take 317, split that into ppl that take the course in fall and winter and then into groups of 5-6 that only about 1-2 ppl do the database... so about ~100 ppl every year that we had so far, I've been in for 2 years. The luncheon that we're running now costs around 1500 so that's most of the membership money, I don't know about the gateway, I've only heard about it and have some of the papers you guys left behind. Actually do you think you can give me some info about how you guys ran it, we're trying to get sponsors and try out the gateway again.
Actually, I wouldn't be rude and call these people dumbasses for not knowing how to use Access, some of them are just not as computer literate as the rest of us. They just need some help getting started, and that's what we're here for.
I'm assuming you are an MIS grad, how were your job prospects?