PDA

View Full Version : getting car to the auto recyclers

Cooked Rice
05-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Does anyone know if AMA membership cover towing a junker to a auto recycling yard for me?

canuckcarguy
05-06-2009, 11:19 AM
They'll only tow for repair, and the car has to display current registration, and is supposed to be insured as well. So likely, the answer is no.

But a lot of recyclers will come pick up the car for free anyway.

zieg
05-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Yeah, one of those 'free junk car removal' places..

CMW403
05-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy
They'll only tow for repair, and the car has to display current registration, and is supposed to be insured as well. So likely, the answer is no.

But a lot of recyclers will come pick up the car for free anyway.

yeah i think kidney foundation picks it up for free

chkolny541
05-06-2009, 01:33 PM
is it a shell, or just a POS whole car

sr20s14zenki
05-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Kidney foundation will only pick up full cars, and most "will haul your car away for free" guys will only take full cars as well.

metrosfinest
05-15-2009, 03:53 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).
# Private Sales and Paid Sponsors Only! If you are a business, buy a banner. We offer VERY affordable advertising rates
# "private sales" would mean selling personal items and not selling wholesale goods "privately" to 30 customers

chkolny541
05-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Kidney foundation will only pick up full cars, and most "will haul your car away for free" guys will only take full cars as well.

this, and i dont think anyone will take scrap car shells away for free anymore as they arent profitable for recycling anymore (IICR), but i think its like 60-80$ to pay to get it picked up and recycled for a car shell

Cooked Rice
05-15-2009, 03:39 PM
I called the auto yard by my house and they arranged for a tow to come take it away. I think as long as you're nearby and the car has wheels they will take it away for free, since they get money for the scrap metal and what not.

chkolny541
05-17-2009, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
since they get money for the scrap metal and what not.

last i read, this was incorrect, the value of scrap steel greatly decreased and is worth next to nothing, IIRC

Numi
05-19-2009, 01:11 AM
i just had a car towed away for free with no engine in it, All it had was 4 wheels and the exhaust. I banged the shit outta it with a sledge, every body panel was dented and a spray painted shit all over it. The interior was half missing and the front windshield was busted in it plus the roof was dented in from me jumping on it.

Some guy in the paper came and picked it up for free but said with out the engine and so on hed only get like 30$, dont remember the name of the place but just call around.