PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Tea in Calgary

da_rite
05-06-2009, 02:14 PM
I've been drinking alot of green and white tea lately and I have found it hard to find good bulk white or green. Any recommendations for where to head? Specific buisnesses please.

sputnik
05-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Are you looking for bulk tea so that it is cheaper or just in larger quantities?

A place like Oolong Tea House in Kensington sells bulk loose tea. It's not cheaper, but it is good tea and they have a huge selection.

2.0turbo
05-06-2009, 03:48 PM
There is a tea house in Mckenzie town right beside Good Life Gym too. I can't remember the name of it right now. They sell tea in bulk, but same thing like above, not that cheaply.

sputnik
05-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo
There is a tea house in Mckenzie town right beside Good Life Gym too. I can't remember the name of it right now. They sell tea in bulk, but same thing like above, not that cheaply.

It is also an Oolong Tea House location.

lint
05-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Go to a chinese tea place. There's one in Franklin Mall across from the T&T, New Asia supermarket off center and 16ave, chinatown on the east side between 4th and 5th...

Vagabond142
05-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Does the Oolong tea house in kensington also stock bulk quantities of popular teas? Being brought up with Earl Grey (real, loose, good earl grey, not bagged stuff) has me have a hankering for the good imported stuff :D

da_rite
05-06-2009, 04:52 PM
I'll definetly check T&T. I've been to OOlong and steepes etc. They do have good tea but I find it quite expensive. I am trying to track down bulk in a form more then they offer. I know i can get some big tins at these tea houses but i would prefer to buy by the gram or something of the like. Buying say a pound of tea from a tea house just has an outrageous premium. Currently I am drinking 2-3 litres of tea a day; I would really just prefer a good white.

Cos
05-06-2009, 04:56 PM
oolong tea house for sure

community health foods has organic bulk tea but probably more normal teas