1slw4dr
05-07-2009, 10:41 AM
crazy!:eek:

znx
05-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Not sure what she's saying but she's really had it.. lol

w_man
05-07-2009, 10:46 AM
HHHHAAAAHAHAA ... is shark fin soup really that good?

I understand its considered a delicacy?

GQBalla
05-07-2009, 10:47 AM
LOL that was hilarious - theres so much fish there how come theres no fish fin

Wildcat
05-07-2009, 10:48 AM
wtf is she saying? Is this really because they ran out of shark fin soup? lol For some reason i find that hard to believe, this bitch went bonkers lol.

benyl
05-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Anyone want to translate what she is raving about?

Why are asians so dramatic about things sometimes?

hahahahaha

Jayson
05-07-2009, 10:53 AM
anyone understand what she's saying?

bwling
05-07-2009, 10:56 AM
haha

She just keeps screaming over and over that she wants to eat shark fin soup. She doesn't understand why they ran out since the sea is full of fish.

benyl
05-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Where is this place? I mean if they run out, they must be good!

Redlyne_mr2
05-07-2009, 11:15 AM
hahah I love how she points out to the ocean to make it more dramatic!

Kloubek
05-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Uh.... yeeeeeahhhh.

Wacko. :nut:

Tarrantula
05-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
hahah I love how she points out to the ocean to make it more dramatic!

Not just points.. waves her hand at the entire thing!

And that was probably my favourite part.

SilverGS
05-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Wow someone needs to grow up.

I don't think I have ever seen someone that old lay on the ground and stamp her hands and feet on the ground like a 3 year old.

Yeah where is this place. There is a white women at the same table as the camera person so North American coast?

lint
05-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by SilverGS
Yeah where is this place. There is a white women at the same table as the camera person so North American coast?

White people visit HK you know...

Redlyne_mr2
05-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Here is the translated version
cHeb9jBqPAU

SilverGS
05-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by lint

err Yes.. just hoping that its closer lol

However, looks like mostly asians in the background riding bikes and what not so HK most likely.

ZorroAMG
05-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by lint

No Wai!

benyl
05-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

No Wai!

You know my brother in-law's cousin from HK named Wai? How is the new baby doing. The pics he posted on facebook are cute!

ZorroAMG
05-07-2009, 12:54 PM
HAHA

He says hi....baby grow big, like weed.

:D

/semi racist joke

Xtrema
05-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
RbMVsXYHpW0

Not as funny for me as I know someone's wife that will throw tantrums like that in front of company.

She's from HK and she's almost 40.

Must be the water.

Still wonder if it's staged to shame people out of eating Shark fin. Really, I don't see what's big deal other than it's $$$ and rare. It has no health or taste values.

frozenrice
05-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Hilarious find. Reminds me of my ex girlfriend. :rofl:

Crazy Asian woman tantrums......

(not my ex-girlfriend) :
xbVw7entkxg

mmmm.....shark fin soup.......Superstore had some canned stuff at Chinese New Year's. Pretty sure that was brought in for the special occassion because I can't find it anymore. Lambda, New Asia, T&T should carry it shouldn't they?

syeve
05-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

mmmm.....shark fin soup.......Superstore had some canned stuff at Chinese New Year's. Pretty sure that was brought in for the special occassion because I can't find it anymore. Lambda, New Asia, T&T should carry it shouldn't they?

Umm...you know the sharkfin adds NO flavour...and not to be to preachy, shark finning is prob one of the sickest human acts out there :thumbsdow

TYMSMNY
05-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
LOL that was hilarious - theres so much fish there how come theres no fish fin

So much fish in the ocean, how come there's no SHARK fin.

Shark fin is for medicinal purposes, not for taste though.

RickDaTuner
05-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by TYMSMNY

So much fish in the ocean, how come there's no SHARK fin.

No.

Shark Fins are for added texture to soup. That is it. There are actually reports that Shark Fin soup will cause infertility in men due to high Mercury content.
Mercury only there from mans previous fishing exploitations

I remember watching a documentary on shark fishing showcasing a 75% drop in shark population, and a real need to classify sharks as an endangered species.

adidas
05-10-2009, 01:03 PM
I didnt find that funny at all! :thumbsdow

TYMSMNY
05-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

No.

Shark Fins are for added texture to soup. That is it. There are actually reports that Shark Fin soup will cause infertility in men due to high Mercury content.
Mercury only there from mans previous fishing exploitations

Yes.

"The benefits of shark fin as documented by old Chinese medical books include the following: rejuvenation, appetite enhancement, nourishing to blood, beneficial to vital energy, kidneys, lungs, bones and many other parts of the body."

Now for the mercury, I wouldn't doubt that. It's in a lot of our fish as well such as Tuna and Salmon.

TheCheff
05-10-2009, 04:46 PM
^^Your a moron

Sharkfin soup is fucking disgusting and these retarded people believe its an immune system booster. Everyone should watch the documentary Sharkwater its fucking brutal what you see in it, all for the magical healing power of "sharkfin" soup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aCI7bZuvoE&feature=PlayList&p=5B0C226E3A63B53C&index=7

That is part of the movie hopefully some of you will watch it. It won a bunch of awards and really sheds some light on the disgusting practices of fining sharks. There is also some really breathtaking underwater filming done. They literally take the fin and throw the shark back in the water to sink to the bottom of the ocean and die.

TYMSMNY
05-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by TheCheff
^^Your a moron

Sharkfin soup is fucking disgusting and these retarded people believe its an immune system booster.

wow, do I ever feel offended. I'm a moron for posting what has been culturally accepted for thousands of years?

You have a problem with my post, that's fine... but making a generalized statement about an entire culture is plain ignorant. Just because you watched a documentary on SHARKS doesn't automatically make you that "white knight".

TheCheff
05-10-2009, 05:32 PM

Yes.

"The benefits of shark fin as documented by old Chinese medical books include the following: rejuvenation, appetite enhancement, nourishing to blood, beneficial to vital energy, kidneys, lungs, bones and many other parts of the body."

Now for the mercury, I wouldn't doubt that. It's in a lot of our fish as well such as Tuna and Salmon.

Ok your right that was a little immature I apoligize. But do you actually believe that sharkfin soup carries those benefits listed above.
LOL

"Shark fin soup is erroneously considered an aphrodisiac or regarded as beneficial to one's health, although studies have shown no healthful benefits. Ironically, the methods used to prepare shark fin soup reduce the water content of the fin, which concentrates numerous chemical impurities. Shark fins studied at the University of Hong Kong contained 5.84 parts per million (ppm) of mercury, compared to a maximum permitted level of 0.5 ppm. The high presence of mercury was confirmed in independent tests conducted by two state-related labs in Thailand, and the findings are also reflected in US, Australian, and New Zealand governmental reports.¹ "

TYMSMNY
05-10-2009, 07:20 PM
^ I've had it many times before usually at family/friends Christmas/New Years dinner parties. Do I eat it just for health reasons? nope. I eat it cuz it's good. Never really have looked into what it can or can't do.

GenerationX
05-10-2009, 07:37 PM
TBH, shark fin soup really isn't that good..

GKLAZZ
05-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by w_man
HHHHAAAAHAHAA ... is shark fin soup really that good?

I understand its considered a delicacy?

No it has no flavour almost rubbery,felt bad after i ate it cuz i like sharks
:facepalm:

syeve
05-10-2009, 08:15 PM

Do I eat it just for health reasons? nope. I eat it cuz it's good. Never really have looked into what it can or can't do.

:dunno:

Again, shark fin adds zero flavor...if you like the soup that’s fine, its basically a chicken broth from what I understand.

Culturally accepted is a farce..."old Chinese books" doesn't make it right. Shark fin soup is single handedly decimating the shark population for NO reason, your arguments otherwise are pointless and naive. Do you eat tiger penis too? Let’s go kill some tigers. It will be awesome.

ZorroAMG
05-10-2009, 08:20 PM
The fuck is wrong with those broads.

Off the meds, much?

PS killing endangered species for luxury food and unproven bullshit health benefits is gay. Homo Gay.

syeve
05-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Homo Gay.

Werd...that's the worst kind of gay.

syeve
05-10-2009, 08:26 PM
fuck, double posting - also gay.

turbotrip
05-10-2009, 08:42 PM
i would probably throw a similar tantrum if i couldnt have any shark fin soup, its delicious!

TYMSMNY
05-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by syeve

:dunno:

Again, shark fin adds zero flavor...if you like the soup that’s fine, its basically a chicken broth from what I understand.

Culturally accepted is a farce..."old Chinese books" doesn't make it right. Shark fin soup is single handedly decimating the shark population for NO reason, your arguments otherwise are pointless and naive. Do you eat tiger penis too? Let’s go kill some tigers. It will be awesome.

I never once said I endorse nor promote the killing of whales/sharks/monkeys/tigers/alligators. I've stated that I've eaten it.... not trying to prove it's right.

syeve
05-10-2009, 09:40 PM
By eating it you are promoting it...whatever, I know I'm not going to change your mind.

It's just one of the thousand things people do that piss me off

TYMSMNY
05-10-2009, 10:04 PM
By eating it you are promoting it...whatever, I know I'm not going to change your mind.

It's just one of the thousand things people do that piss me off

aye, true on both points. Unfortunately... can't go back and change it.

Takamine
06-20-2009, 02:21 PM
I love shark fin soup...its heavenly. Doubt theres actually any significant health benefits though.

syeve
06-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Did you read the thread? The shark fin add's ZERO flavour, its basically chicken broth. But good on yah for eating it, we need more people getting rid of those pesky sharks!

badatusrnames
06-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Mmm... all this talk of Shark Fin makes me wanna go out and find some Bear bile...

steventru
06-21-2009, 11:22 AM

Umm...you know the sharkfin adds NO flavour...and not to be to preachy, shark finning is prob one of the sickest human acts out there :thumbsdow

not the sickest haha try searching up monkey brain :barf:

rage2
06-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Funny that this post got bumped. Some of you guys are gonna hate me after this post, because I had Shark Fin Soup for lunch.
http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/misc/sfs1.jpg

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/misc/sfs2.jpg

http://www.virgeweb.com/rage2/misc/sfs3.jpg

Never had pieces that big ever in Calgary. All the restaurants (even at asian weddings) that serve it, you can barely find anything in it.

Yes it doesn't give any health benefits (although over a billion people will disagree with you), yes it doesn't add flavor, I enjoy the texture, and I'm not going to let political correctness dictate what I can and can't do.

Cos
06-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Homo Gay.

Back to work at the department of redundancy department?

kenny
06-21-2009, 12:50 PM
The original shark fin tantrum video is faked.

There is another video of the same woman at a snorkeling tour place where she throws a tantrum because she didn't get to see any sharks swimming in the water because people ate them all.

:rofl:

badatusrnames
06-21-2009, 08:33 PM

You're a moron.

Just finished watching the documentary Sharkwater. I'd recommend anyone posting in this thread take an hour to watch it.

http://www.ninjavideo.net/video/6521

Dumbass17
06-21-2009, 09:14 PM
that was THE most annoying thing i've ever heard

syeve
06-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I'm not going to let political correctness dictate what I can and can't do.

Not to get to preachy Rage, but perhaps you should watch the movie. I don't think it has anything to do with polical correctness, rather, some accountability for our actions and how we are effecting the world around us. /rant

PLUS, I have heard there is "fake" shark fin available if you enjoy the texture. :burnout:

EDIT: Here it is....Fuck I wish I thought of this...

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/10/19/shark-fin-animal.html

rage2
06-23-2009, 02:12 AM
Not to get to preachy Rage, but perhaps you should watch the movie. I don't think it has anything to do with polical correctness, rather, some accountability for our actions and how we are effecting the world around us. /rant
I know how disturbing shark finning is, and how much we're fucking with the shark population and ecosystem to support the industry. But put it this way... when you buy a Flames jersey, you're supporting Indonesians getting paid $1 a day in a sweatshop. When you drive your car and use gas, you're supporting the oil companies in destroying the environment. When you have a child, you're supporting overpopulation and using up the finite resources of the earth, especially if your child is born here, where we use up 100 times the resources of a child born in Africa.

Pretty much everything we do fucks with something.

Horatio
06-23-2009, 07:42 AM
actually it's when you have 2 or more children (sustainable rate around here is something like 2.2 'cuz of death rates and so on). If we all only had 1, population would decrease

syeve
06-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Pretty much everything we do fucks with something.

Exactly why I didn't get TOO preachy :)

(says the guy who drives a V8) :D :D

rage2
06-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Horatio
actually it's when you have 2 or more children (sustainable rate around here is something like 2.2 'cuz of death rates and so on). If we all only had 1, population would decrease
Really? I didn't know that. Thanks tips!

I was talking about using up natural resources. 1 child born here will use up the same amount as 100 children in Africa, maybe even more. But we're straying off topic...

Shark Fin Soup! :drool:

msommers
06-23-2009, 09:06 AM

I never once said I endorse nor promote the killing of whales/sharks/monkeys/tigers/alligators. I've stated that I've eaten it.... not trying to prove it's right.

Isn't this the same as saying I disapprove of skinning alligators clothing while wearing some alligator skin boots?

TYMSMNY
06-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by msommers

Isn't this the same as saying I disapprove of skinning alligators clothing while wearing some alligator skin boots?

Wow.. blast from the past.

I guess so. Either way, If I'm celebrating my grandfathers 60th 70th etc birthdays and it's on the table... I'm eating it. Call me heartless etc etc but it's still so :drool: