10-24-2003, 03:06 PM
ehemToyotaw00tehem

lammer
10-24-2003, 03:38 PM
i need to get me a kia!

C4S
10-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Wow ! :clap:
very nice ! Porsche Rocks ! and then all Japanese ..

of course . BMW rocks ..
:clap:

hang on .. why " Buick" is on the top of the list ??? :thumbsdow

I guess those 75 yr old driver can't even tell their car is leaking... or they never know how to take their car back to the dealership when having problem ! :eek:

Same case with Cad and Linclon .. when all driver are 75 yr old.. they won't even know what is "realiability" they will drive till the car untill it totally broke down ! :bigpimp:

C4S
10-24-2003, 03:55 PM
Oh .. shoot .. Land Rover still at the Bottom ??

Thx God that I jsut sold mine just 1 yr before the warranty end .. : o

Shaolin
10-24-2003, 04:13 PM
why is VW so far down there? I always thought they were reliable. :dunno: :dunno:

Loose
10-24-2003, 04:14 PM
go VW!

Khyron
10-24-2003, 04:55 PM
JD Surveys are useless.

For instance, VW owner goes to get a heater fixed, Sunfire owner goes to get a new tranny. Both are counted as 1 visit.

Hummer has a poor rating because - get this - owners were complaining about the gas mileage!!!! Who'd have thunk it.

VW rating is quite bad because the new coil revision was defective, and eventually they all have to be replaced. I keep a couple spares in the trunk and can fix the problem in about 5 minutes - yet each person that came into dealer to get them replaced was counted as a visit. (Don't get me wrong, it was a bloody annoying problem for most people, but not the same as blowing motors etc).

Khyron

T5_X
10-24-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
JD Surveys are useless.

For instance, VW owner goes to get a heater fixed, Sunfire owner goes to get a new tranny. Both are counted as 1 visit.

Hummer has a poor rating because - get this - owners were complaining about the gas mileage!!!! Who'd have thunk it.

VW rating is quite bad because the new coil revision was defective, and eventually they all have to be replaced. I keep a couple spares in the trunk and can fix the problem in about 5 minutes - yet each person that came into dealer to get them replaced was counted as a visit. (Don't get me wrong, it was a bloody annoying problem for most people, but not the same as blowing motors etc).

Khyron

:werd:

The JD surveys are pure shit. The best statistics for vehicle reliability are without a doubt from consumer reports, who break down reliability into about 10 different sections (tranny, heating, engine etc) and have consistent, random surveys with a large sample size. Oh, and they also break up the reliability reports into individual vehicles, lol.

Aleks
10-24-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by C4S
Wow ! :clap:
very nice ! Porsche Rocks ! and then all Japanese ..

of course . BMW rocks ..
:clap:

hang on .. why " Buick" is on the top of the list ??? :thumbsdow

I guess those 75 yr old driver can't even tell their car is leaking... or they never know how to take their car back to the dealership when having problem ! :eek:

Same case with Cad and Linclon .. when all driver are 75 yr old.. they won't even know what is "realiability" they will drive till the car untill it totally broke down ! :bigpimp:

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say! New Buick sedans are some of the most reliable cars on the road. And Cadillac has a long history of making reliable vehicles. So just because it isn't a Honda or a Beemer it doesn't mean it's gotta suck.

Idratherbsidewayz
10-24-2003, 07:59 PM
Yay Nissan, beaten by buick and mercury... :( . Oh well still above average.

04blackMAX
10-24-2003, 08:55 PM
man, good thing i didnt buy a VW

Shaolin
10-24-2003, 09:02 PM

Yep, when I read that in the past I couldn't justify people who buy the vehicles and their reasoning for complaining, it makes absolutely no fucking sense.. it's like buying a knife and stabbing yourself in the hand with it even though they know it hurts..

nismodrifter
10-24-2003, 09:30 PM
vee double joo ownz joo

JD Surveys = garbage

Khyron
10-24-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin

Yep, when I read that in the past I couldn't justify people who buy the vehicles and their reasoning for complaining, it makes absolutely no fucking sense.. it's like buying a knife and stabbing yourself in the hand with it even though they know it hurts..

Well goddamit my insight can't run 13s, my hummer is too hard to parallel park and my civic can't tow my boat worth a damn - its the carmaker's fault I say!

Khyron

nismodrifter
10-24-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Khyron

Well goddamit my insight can't run 13s, my hummer is too hard to parallel park and my civic can't tow my boat worth a damn - its the carmaker's fault I say!

Khyron

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5.9 R/T
10-24-2003, 10:42 PM
Funny, two years ago JD surveys were held in such high esteem cause they showed imports at the top and domestics at the bottom. Now that the domestics are doing slightly better and more popular brands are down on the list the tune changes...

Can I jump on the bandwagon too guys???

lol @ C4S and Khryon's 'excuses', maybe you guys should put out a survey since you seem to know more about whats going on then JD.

Khyron
10-25-2003, 12:48 AM
Ok, explain how their survey techniques eliminate my "excuses". I happen to like Caddy and GM, and I'm quite a vocal Hyundai supporter. And if you didn't actually read, we were blasting JD for punishing Hummer (a domestic last time I checked). AND Honda, Toyota, Porsche are still the top 3.

Please explain how a customer getting a replacement spark plug is equal to one with a blown engine in the shop for 2 weeks.

And Nismo already pointed out the CR reports are better...

EDIT: And holy crap, look at the actual numbers. The BEST car had 193 problems per 100 cars. Thats almost 2 problems per car on a car thats less than a year old. How bloody legit can those problems possibly be?

Khyron

403Gemini
10-25-2003, 01:03 AM
Wow gm almost as reliable as BMW lol

YAY my saturn is industry standard! :D