PDA

View Full Version : Evolution

403ep3
05-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Where is the best place to find an evo 8/9 in Canada or the US. Any dealers particularly good at finding them?

Looking for Under 30 CDN and preferably lower than 30,000 kms

I looked at evolutionm.net but I would rather see it here or have someone check it out first.

94boosted
05-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Getting a good condition one with less than 30,000km's for less than $30K might me tough now because of where our dollar is in comparison to theirs

95EagleAWD
05-08-2009, 12:49 AM
You'll be looking at '03s then, and even then, it may be hard to come in under 30 grand.

4WARNED
05-08-2009, 08:16 AM
I agree.....finding the combination of low miles (less than 18k miles) and under $21.5K US (which equates to about $30K canadian with exchange, duty, GST, DRL's, OOP, flights, gas, etc.) is going to be pretty tough.

Not many landed evolutions up here for some reason......
I'm still dealing on a couple of different EVO's to replace my 03 WW GSR.....

clem24
05-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by 4WARNED
Not many landed evolutions up here for some reason......
I'm still dealing on a couple of different EVO's to replace my 03 WW GSR.....

Well... The bumper laws didn't come into effect until pretty recently. If EVOs were admissible when the dollar was at par or when it was first available (not counting the few that snuck through), then I'd be willing to bet we'd see a lot more. As it stands, they're just too much money right now.

DannyO
05-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Well... The bumper laws didn't come into effect until pretty recently. If EVOs were admissible when the dollar was at par or when it was first available (not counting the few that snuck through), then I'd be willing to bet we'd see a lot more. As it stands, they're just too much money right now.

I think they been harmonized for a while now, back in June/july last year when I was looking into getting into a different car, I looked at Evo 8/9s due to them being available for import, prices were good back then, kinda wish I did get one so I could sell it now for profit.:D

95EagleAWD
05-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by DannyO

I think they been harmonized for a while now, back in June/july last year when I was looking into getting into a different car, I looked at Evo 8/9s due to them being available for import, prices were good back then, kinda wish I did get one so I could sell it now for profit.:D

You'd have to sell it for quite a bit to make a profit off it. I bought mine at an 80 cent dollar and still ended up, with GST, shipping etc, paying over $35,000 for the car.

It's a lot of money for that type of car and I can't see them becoming very popular. They're loud, stiff, not great as a DD (to normal people) and lack certain ameneties that people expect, like cruise control and heated seats, etc.

It's very much an enthusiast's car.

403ep3
05-08-2009, 06:32 PM
how many kms did you have on yours 95eagle?

I didn't think they were cheap at all but maybe I could find a deal. my brother is actually looking for it and just weighing his options right now. He's tired of his cooper s and wants something new and cheaper.

beyond_ban
05-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by 403ep3

I didn't think they were cheap at all but maybe I could find a deal. my brother is actually looking for it and just weighing his options right now. He's tired of his cooper s and wants something new and cheaper.

Evolution: New and more exciting? Yes. Cheaper? No.

95EagleAWD
05-09-2009, 06:45 AM
I have 52,xxx miles on my car right now.

pinoyhero
05-09-2009, 07:18 AM
nbaker hunts for cars, shoot him a PM maybe

dino_martini
05-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by 403ep3

You probably wont get an Evo for 30 grand...less than 30,000km.

For 30K you can pick:
Mazdaspeed 3
Volkswagen GTI (DSG is pretty slick)
Honda Civic SI
Subaru WRX (Some cases an STI...but those for around $30k have had engines replaced and stuff so you would have to get a real good look at the car before buying)
Mazda RX8 (I personally like the RX8, its a matter of personal taste though right?)

Those are all fairly more exciting then a Cooper S. You could also tell him he could put the John Cooper Works package on his Cooper S. I believe the JCW kit is around $5000 + installation. Adds 40HP + 22lb/ft

clem24
05-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Or..... You could pick up a brand new Hyundai Genesis Coupe...... :D