PDA

View Full Version : LP640 vs. ZR1 - Top Gear comparison

911fever
05-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Here (http://www.topgear.com/us/features/more/lp640-vs-zr1/)

interesting read!

Graham_A_M
05-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Very interesting read. Big Props to GM for creating such a car... although some more track time numbers between the two would really put everything that was said into perspective.

If money was no object at all, I'd still go with the ZR1 over the sheer reliability between the two. I've heard more horror stories about Lambo's general reliability (and the cost of maintenence) then i have the time to mention.

Eleanor
05-07-2009, 09:51 PM
I'll take both please :D

dino_martini
05-07-2009, 09:55 PM
I love the ZR1...Love the LP640. Top Gear makes some pretty good arguments.

If I had the money, I would probably buy...fuck its tough.

I think the ZR1 is easier at the track, you can probably get a lot more out of it with a lot less effort then in the Lambo (Thats an arm chair observation, I have been in neither a 640 or ZR1).

If I was just going to cruise around town, push the loud peddle from a stop light it would have to be the LP640.

But if I were to take it to the track, it would be the ZR1. Plus I think the Corvette Owners club are probably the nicer group of people.

:dunno: I'd be happy to have either one.

94boosted
05-07-2009, 10:08 PM
I was hoping for a new Video but none the less that was a good read :thumbsup:

boxer23
05-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I love the ZR1...Love the LP640. Top Gear makes some pretty good arguments.

If I had the money, I would probably buy...fuck its tough.

I think the ZR1 is easier at the track, you can probably get a lot more out of it with a lot less effort then in the Lambo (Thats an arm chair observation, I have been in neither a 640 or ZR1).

If I was just going to cruise around town, push the loud peddle from a stop light it would have to be the LP640.

But if I were to take it to the track, it would be the ZR1. Plus I think the Corvette Owners club are probably the nicer group of people.

:dunno: I'd be happy to have either one.

What I love about Corvettes are that their owners are so down to earth and friendly:D

dino_martini
05-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by boxer23

What I love about Corvettes are that their owners are so down to earth and friendly:D

Yeah the Corvette and NSX guys seem to be the nicest. :dunno:

Destinova403
05-08-2009, 01:43 AM
good read... wow some of the comments are pretty retarded

By murcielagoon Mar 09 `09Report a Problem
the corvette is ugly also lambo is better looking

:facepalm:

95EagleAWD
05-08-2009, 06:52 AM
If I had the money to buy the Lamborghini, then money isn't an issue and I'd have a Corvette as well.

you&me
05-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
If I had the money to buy the Lamborghini, then money isn't an issue and I'd have a Corvette as well.

Exactly. And anyone I know with a Lambo doesn't also have a Corvette, so that might say something... I don't think the two are cross-shopped too often.