PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a point and shoot

B4tMan
05-07-2009, 09:00 PM
I currently own a Canon S5IS and am looking for a *point & shoot* that would take pics even crisper than the S5

I heard Olympus is strong in the point-n-shoot market. Ideas ?

muse017
05-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Canon S5IS is already a high-end P&S camera and produces pretty decent pics but if you want to get better quality pics from P&S
here are some of my recommendation

Canon G10 - bigger sensor, better noise control, manual mode

Sigma DP1 or DP2 - bigger sensor with higher optics but very slow in every aspect

Ricoh GRD2

I found that Canon makes one of the best P&S cameras in general.

~Touge/Wangan-
05-07-2009, 10:11 PM
wow better then the S5IS?, not sure.... i know canon released a newer P&S but the reviews have been mixed....

i <3 my S5IS, wouldnt trade it for any other....

Mitsu3000gt
05-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by ~Touge/Wangan-
wow better then the S5IS?, not sure.... i know canon released a newer P&amp;S but the reviews have been mixed....

i &lt;3 my S5IS, wouldnt trade it for any other....

What's wrong with the S5IS you already have?

You can look at the Canon SX10IS, Panasonic FZ28 and the Sony H50 if you want something new. Or look at some entry level DSLR's, if you're looking for a significant increase in sharpness/image quality.

B4tMan
05-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Thank you guys, I really appreciate the suggestions

Nothing wrong with S5, got it 3 months ago and want something that creates even sharper images, so as soon as will have access to marketplace, the S5 will be for sale.

seer_claw
05-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Instead of selling it try to use some software to apply sharpening to the image. Typically cameras need some software enhancement to produce really sharp images. Or change the settings in the camera to produce sharper images. Another reason could be that handholding the camera is producing some vibrations and the use of a tripod will help in producing sharper images.

BerserkerCatSplat
05-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by B4tMan
Thank you guys, I really appreciate the suggestions

Nothing wrong with S5, got it 3 months ago and want something that creates even sharper images, so as soon as will have access to marketplace, the S5 will be for sale.

Can you show us some photos you've taken that you consider unsharp? It could have more to do with technique than technology.

clem24
05-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Please ignore the DP1/DP2 suggestion... :rolleyes: