PDA

View Full Version : F***ing break in rant! !*$!*!$**!

05-08-2009, 05:06 PM
This city is fucked in the head.

My car has been at Calgary honda for the past week getting some warranty work done, all fine and dandy, was told 1 day.. ok, 2 days later I get a call from the service advisor, its going to be the end of the week, apparently the job is slightly more complicated.. (wouldnt they know this when it was dropped off?) anyway ok whatever.

Then yesterday I get a phone call from the service advisor, and she says they are waiting on some more parts and its probably going to be the end of next week now.. ok fine at this point im kinda annoyed but no big deal they are fixing the problem under warranty, while T and T refused to do so.. so im going to roll with it, accept it and move on. (i have another vehicle to drive anyway)

So now thats the backstory, on to the rant:

I get a call from the Assistant Service Manager today, He introduces himself on the phone, I immediately think: fuck what the hell now... and he totaly blindsided me, I didnt see it coming at all.

Apparently last night Calgary Honda experianced a "break in", some fucking dirty ass cunt thieves broke into about 10 cars (all civics), 6 were dealer cars and 4 were customer cars....

They tried to jimmy pry the windows open with a screwdriver, resulting in fucked up window mouldings and trims and on a few cars broken windows, mine being one of the broken windows.. and heres the real fucked up part: they only stole the drivers airbag, they didnt take anything else, and there was lots to take...

So the assistant service manager informed me to call my insurance company and that it had to go through them, not Calgary Honda... ok fine, this is starting to get fucked up... so now my car is still outta commishion waiting on parts for the engine, there is a smashed fucking window and a steering wheel in shambles, the car regardless was going to be out for another week, but now I have to go through the hassle of getting a new window, mouldings and airbag all through my insurance and my fucking deductable....

so fucked up.

Cliffs notes: car at dealer for work, no valve train in motor (so the battery is unhooked which = no alarm possible to be set)

theives break drivers window, and fuck up trim

thieves steal airbag only, nothing else.

Now the deductible is paid out of my pocket and my insurance claim, while the car was on the dealers lot out of my possesion.

Cos
05-08-2009, 05:09 PM
I would think the dealer would offer to pay your deductible.

GQBalla
05-08-2009, 05:12 PM
the airbags are pretty expensive.

but werd you would think the dealer would pay for your deductible.

05-08-2009, 05:15 PM
As soon as the adjuster comes out and we get the details, etc, I will be pushing to have the deductible covered.

I just wanted to wait and cool off before laying into anyone, I was pretty mad.

chkolny541
05-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Cos
I would think the dealer would offer to pay your deductible.

yea i would refuse to pay, it was directly their fault, you would think a dealership would have somesort of security system in place or something, guess not..

BigDannyCool
05-08-2009, 05:17 PM
as it was on their property, they should be responsible.

SRT10Killer
05-08-2009, 05:17 PM
it's always hondas wtf ?

BerserkerCatSplat
05-08-2009, 05:27 PM
If is was in Honda's care, shouldn't their insurance cover it? :dunno:

05-08-2009, 07:33 PM
I will be talking with my advisor monday.

oilerfan4lyfe
05-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
If is was in Honda's care, shouldn't their insurance cover it? :dunno:

That's what I was thinking too - Shouldn't Honda have insurance to cover this sort of stuff?

oilerfan4lyfe
05-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Accidental double post.

oilerfan4lyfe
05-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Accidental double post.

Destinova403
05-08-2009, 08:23 PM
wow shitty deal man...

i would demand that they pay your deductible.

Boat
05-08-2009, 08:29 PM
your car insurance covers break-ins?

adidas
05-08-2009, 08:40 PM
they def need to pay for everything!

And i saw a masterminds episode not 2 long ago and they showed how a guy made a decent living off of airbags, so they might of got the idea from there who knows!

5hift
05-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Shitty deal. It should be the dealer's responsibility, as it happened on their supposidly secure lot. But a friend of mine was in a situation exactly like this at a different large Calgary dealership and he got fucked over, somehow the dealership weaseled out of it on the fine print somewhere, and he had to pay the deductable and go through insurance.

Only place I can think they are responsible is that knowing the alarm on a brand new highly targeted civic was not usable, and they left it out on a open lot when it could have been parked in a bay. That arguement might at least get them to cover your deductable.

Lastly if was in your shoes and nothing worked out for me and I got completely fucked by Calgary Honda, I would show up on a really busy saturday at the service desk and have a vocal rant at the manager in front of as many customers as possible about them not accepting responsibilty for damages to your car when left at their dealership. You'd be surprised how much their attitude on whos at fault changes when held accountable in front of future customers.

HHURICANE1
05-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Read your work order. Almost every one will say that they are NOT responsible for damage or theft while the car is in their possession.

Mibz
05-08-2009, 09:29 PM
If it's parked on a lot outside then there's no way they're responsible. Your insurance, your deductible.

05-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Its to bad they decided not to have my alarm armed, it would have probably detered this.

It they had ordered the right parts in the first place this wouldn't have even happened, fucking stealerships.

05-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Hey mibz, would you have the same attitude towards this if it was your car?
I bet you'd be pissed

Mibz
05-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by 410440
Hey mibz, would you have the same attitude towards this if it was your car?
I bet you'd be pissed Vicky's car was trashed on a Canadian Tire parking lot. My car was broken in to in my condo's underground. So yeah, I've been there bud. I know it's infuriating but it's not their fault your car got broken in to.

The alarm may change how insurance views it but it's still not their fault that assholes do these things.

1slw4dr
05-08-2009, 10:19 PM
they should be responsible for any damages caused to your car while its in their possesion its almost like lending a someone your car and they wreck it legally they are laible for all damages and you could sue them for it

05-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Vicky's car was trashed on a Canadian Tire parking lot. My car was broken in to in my condo's underground. So yeah, I've been there bud. I know it's infuriating but it's not their fault your car got broken in to.

The alarm may change how insurance views it but it's still not their fault that assholes do these things.

Your right, its not their fault.

But my car wasnt just "parked" there, it had no engine in it, why wasnt it in the shop or at least in the service drop off area?, especially when there was no battery hooked up (which means no alarm)

They should have some liability towards something.. anything?

whats even more of a piss of is the fact that instead of taking the broken glass off the seat when i assume someone sat in the car to steer it while they pushed it inside, they threw my damn jacket from the backseat down, so they could sit on it and not cut there assholes up, I havent even looked to see how deep glass is embedden in my drivers seat... like wtf lazy.

05-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Just to clarify this thread...

Im not ranting about having to pay the deductible (not yet anyway)

This was more of a rant on the general situation, I have had nothing but a good experiance with Calgary Honda up to this point, and depending on how this current situation is handled and how it turns out, I will probably still continue to do business with them, as even this is still 150% better than T and T's service dept.

Isaiah
05-08-2009, 10:52 PM

whats even more of a piss of is the fact that instead of taking the broken glass off the seat when i assume someone sat in the car to steer it while they pushed it inside, they threw my damn jacket from the backseat down, so they could sit on it and not cut there assholes up, I havent even looked to see how deep glass is embedden in my drivers seat... like wtf lazy.
Ignorance, plain and simple.

SOAB
05-08-2009, 11:34 PM
i understand how pissed you are that your car got broken into. but it's not the dealerships fault. if you were parked in a secure parkade and it got broken into, who can you blame? the thieves.

you want them to keep it inside? where? in a mechanics bay so that he can't work on another customers car while they are waiting for parts for your car or in the service drive through where other customers need to get in? how should they move your car in and out? push?

don't even worry about your seat. your insurance will replace the seat and cushion if they find any damage from the broken glass. that's what insurance is for.

Sugarphreak
05-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Any camera's capture the thieves in action?

Khyron
05-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by 1slw4dr
they should be responsible for any damages caused to your car while its in their possesion its almost like lending a someone your car and they wreck it legally they are laible for all damages and you could sue them for it

By that argument if you park at a friends house and your car gets broken into, your friend is liable. Not likely.

Xtrema
05-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by 1slw4dr

The topic come up once a year and every year it's the same answer, NO.

If the tech took a joy ride and did damage, yes, shop is responsible.

If the car is parked, the shop is not responsible.

The damage did not com front direct action of the shop and done by a 3rd party. Same rule applies to parking lots, car washs etc.

cancer man
05-09-2009, 02:24 AM
But the big Factor is
did you buy your car from them or another Dealership?
and was it serviced at that Dealership?

First time visit might not get you anything..
Customer loyalty goes a long way.

05-09-2009, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by cancer man
But the big Factor is
did you buy your car from them or another Dealership?
and was it serviced at that Dealership?

First time visit might not get you anything..
Customer loyalty goes a long way.

you think in this economy they would do anything to gain/retain customer loyalty.

2002civic
05-09-2009, 09:18 AM
^^^service departments are doing fine in this economy, people would rather fix their cars then by new ones...

mowglee
05-09-2009, 09:21 AM
that sucks man. try to go through their insurance because they assume responsibility when it is in their possession.

pf0sh0
05-09-2009, 09:28 AM
At Audi a few days ago, I discovered an S4 on our lot that had been broken into. Someone had thrown a peice from our hoist through the driver window and stole his Double DIN AM radio and rifled through his shit. I felt pretty bad for the guy since he was already having serious problems with his car and has been at the dealership atleast once or twice a month for the last couple months. But I think Audi is covering it..:nut:

sevewone
05-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Honda is not goign to cover your damage
It's Like when you park at Safeway, if your car gets broken into, Safeways not going to cover it. Unless you told Honda to park your car inside, it is going to be YOUR insurance that has to cover it.

superboss
05-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Sorry to hear that dude

05-09-2009, 06:41 PM
The rant is over, mods please close.

nonlinear
05-09-2009, 07:11 PM
my dad has shops in st. paul/minneapolis and they've had their fair share of vehicle and shop robberies over the years. If a customer's car is ever broken into or damaged in any way, he covers all expenses to repair the damage.

what shop did you go to? sounds like a large chain or dealership. didn't your parents teach you to never have your car repaired by a chain or dealership? not only do they employ the cheapest/shittiest mechanics, but they are also too big and/or corporate and so managers, etc. really have no incentive to treat the customers well... which is exactly the predicament you're in now :(

05-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear

what shop did you go to? sounds like a large chain or dealership. didn't your parents teach you to never have your car repaired by a chain or dealership? not only do they employ the cheapest/shittiest mechanics, but they are also too big and/or corporate and so managers, etc. really have no incentive to treat the customers well... which is exactly the predicament you're in now :(

My parents also taught me not to pay for repairs at a mom and pop shop when its covered under warranty at a dealership

nonlinear
05-09-2009, 10:05 PM
^^well, you get what you pay for, man.

05-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
^^well, you get what you pay for, man.

Hhahah what? Your telling me that if you bought a brand new car and it had full factory warranty, you would pay out of your pocket to some independant shop to fix a problem that would normally be covered under warranty and cost you nothing?

You sir then have WAY to much fucking money.. or are just retarded.

Zero102
05-11-2009, 12:29 AM

Hhahah what? Your telling me that if you bought a brand new car and it had full factory warranty, you would pay out of your pocket to some independant shop to fix a problem that would normally be covered under warranty and cost you nothing?

You sir then have WAY to much fucking money.. or are just retarded.

WTF. I was not really following this thread until I read that repsonse too. It makes no sense.
If you buy a new car and take it in for warranty work you should expect to have your car damaged because you are not paying for the work? I've taken lots of cars in for warranty work, and IMO, that is where dealerships really have the need to shine.

nonlinear
05-11-2009, 09:11 AM
sorry i didn't realize it was warranty work until after i had posted a time or two. the moral of the story is the same though haha

05-11-2009, 09:30 AM
lol, i agree that out of warranty work the stealership is the last place to go, but not when the repairs are no charge..