PDA

View Full Version : Stretch a hoodie!?

Dumbass17
05-08-2009, 06:27 PM
anyone know how to stretch a hoodie?
i swear my hoodies tend to shrink in length and end up being shorter than the shirt underneath lol so i want to stretch the damn things

any suggestions?

if not, anyone want to buy a creme guess hoody with a skull on it?

Ukyo8
05-08-2009, 06:31 PM
get a fat kid to wear it

EK 2.0
05-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Dunno if you do this...

But after I wash my hoodies in COLD water....I then hang them on a suit hanger. As to not deform the shoulders...

and then after about 2 hours of that...I then lay them flat to dry until they are dry...and I, knock wood, have not had issues with my hoodies....

As for the stretch question...yeah I have no idea...haha...

Dumbass17
05-08-2009, 06:59 PM
yeah i never wash my clothes in hot water, just socks and shit. the few hoodies may have snuck into a warm wash though i guess
hmmm

Despair*
05-08-2009, 08:55 PM
That's a tough call. Usually all my best hoodies are taken off and hung up right away when I get home. Washing wise, it's best not to dry them especially if they are a perfect, or just about perfect fit.

Stretching them, try wearing them around, and maybe the next time they are wet from the washing machine pull them to stretch the material, and than let it dry on a hanger. I'm not sure how well that will work so use caution. I feel your pain though, nothing is worse than losing an awesome article of clothing to it shrinking.

HHURICANE1
05-08-2009, 09:26 PM
For shit that shrinks I usually wash in cold water and then when I take it out I stretch it back to its proper size (even cold water will shrink stuff a bit), don't reef on it, just a tug to get the size back and then I hang it to dry. Also helps to get rid of any wrinkles from the wash.

ercchry
05-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1
For shit that shrinks I usually wash in cold water and then when I take it out I stretch it back to its proper size (even cold water will shrink stuff a bit), don't reef on it, just a tug to get the size back and then I hang it to dry. Also helps to get rid of any wrinkles from the wash.

im wearing a shirt right now that i did this to... works very well... the sleeves were shrunk to sorter then my wrist, and now they are halfway down my hands

pinoyhero
05-08-2009, 09:54 PM
dont dry em next time, hang to dry or lay out on a counter top ... you can try to rewash and then stretch it out when wet to dry