PDA

View Full Version : Deerfoot fly/rollover this evening just after 6ish??

whatthe
05-08-2009, 10:05 PM
I was driving southbound on deerfoot to meet my wife for a movie. As I was coming close to peigan trail I saw parts flying, and tire smoke on the northbound side of deerfoot. Then I saw a shadow of a vehicle heading towards the meridian, then this vehicle flying 15-20 feet up in the air turning to give me a full view of the underbelly including exhaust system, tires, bumpers before it landed on its roof in a big smoky mess (those car explosions don't really seem to happen like in James Bond)

I was more concerned with not being smashed with any northbound flying object weighing between 5-6000 pounds that would combine with my southbound self to ruin me... so I was just trying to shouldercheck to get my ass further away before calling 911 like most people in the vicinity.

With the curb in between the traffic, I didn't get a great view of the vehicle other than the underside of it and I didn't stick around to interfere with all the people starting to help.

I would surmise that based on the air time the car was going a decent speed... ir just seemed very NASCAR-esque... except more real considering no rollover protection. I wasn't in a position to give better details, but I'm sure others will pop up.

Worst accident I've ever witnessed... Drive safe!

S13_Ryan
05-08-2009, 10:37 PM
hmm, interesting. anything on city beat yet?

i was one of the lucky ones stuck in northbound traffic:cry:

ShermanEF9
05-09-2009, 02:26 PM
i came up to it probably JUST after it happened... saw i big heap of metal in the middle of the road. i didn't see anyone inside, but traffic JUST came up to it... there was parts thrown in the Southbound** lane too.

I was heading south. traffic was backed up well past 8:30ish too.

chongkee_
05-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by ShermanEF9
i came up to it probably JUST after it happened... saw i big heap of metal in the middle of the road. i didn't see anyone inside, but traffic JUST came up to it... there was parts thrown in the Southbound** lane too.

I was heading south. traffic was backed up well past 8:30ish too.

when i passed by this accident heading southbound there were a lot of shattered glass pieces on the left and middle lane on.

whatthe
05-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Those were definitely the flying pieces I was trying to avoid.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any more coverage on it.

It was kind of like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDUDd-sTwws

except I think there were more bits flying and the vehicle went more vertical and landed on its roof.

Redlyne_mr2
05-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Wow thats crazy.. i wonder how that happened.

SJW
05-09-2009, 05:54 PM
I hope it was a toyota soarer.

Jason Lange
05-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by SJW

why?

Hope nobody was too injured.

revelations
05-10-2009, 01:16 PM
He meant to say "I wonder if it was a Toyota SOARER"....

CMW403
05-10-2009, 01:29 PM
:rofl: ^^

slinkie
05-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by SJW

lmao

SRT10Killer
05-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by SJW
I hope it was a dark chev avalanche

SJW
05-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by SRT10Killer

I hope it was a dark chev avalanche

Lets tie the two threads together. Stay with us now m'kay?

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/262789/to-the-driver-of-a-toyota-soarer-license-plate-5oarer-in-calgary/

ChrisV
05-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Anyone hear anything more about this?

Redlyne_mr2
05-10-2009, 10:27 PM
I heard streetracing was involved but it's just a rumor.

FreakinPrince
05-11-2009, 08:45 AM
i believe i was the person that was gonig to get stuck going southbound but took peigan trail and then bow trail

i believe i saw it was a toyota MR2? ... it was complete totalled car and they were cleaning up... didn't see anyone standing around only just the firemen and cleaning crew?

i wonder what happened.

^^^ i wouldn't be surprise if streetracing was part of the reason..

this mr2 (assuming) knocked down one of those light poles.... so enmax or city of calgary was there holding it upright...

whatthe
05-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I had to ask CTV as they have cameras close to that area. Minus one of the cats nine lives by the sounds of it.

------
Hi Kyle,

We did head out to this. The driver was taken to hospital as a precaution. It was quite dramatic looking, but no one was seriously injured. No charges have been laid.

Regards,

Janna

----------