PDA

View Full Version : Is my dog racist?

Super_Geo
05-09-2009, 01:31 PM
So I'm walking my dog at Princess Island Park this morning and he's having a great time... chasing geese, pissing up a storm, normal dog shit.

Anyway, the park's pretty busy, lots of kids are around and my dog doesn't pay much attention to them. All of the sudden, he bolts, almost pulling the leash out of my hand (and he's a small dog). He runs full bore towards this little black kid (3-4 years old) and is barking like crazy. I pull back on the leash and catch him about 2-3 feet fro the kid, who looks like he just shat his pants and is crying up a storm. I apologize profusely to the parents who are obviously not very impressed... and understandably so.

What the fuck? He was fine around the white kids, but tries to attack a black kid? :dunno:

beyond_ban
05-09-2009, 01:34 PM
:drama: :rofl:

2jzgte
05-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Haha this reminds me of that one king of the hill episode. Where LadyBird would only bark at the black guy.

zieg
05-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Maybe the kid just smelled like KFC? :dunno:

ZorroAMG
05-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Ok ok....this thread is gonna open up TOO many racist jokes...

Karim316
05-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Maybe your dog was just looking for some shade

01RedDX
05-09-2009, 02:17 PM

GQBalla
05-09-2009, 02:18 PM
LOL. Omg

Maybe the kid had drugs?
Maybe the kid was thinking bad thoughts. You know animals can smell your thoughts.

theken
05-09-2009, 02:19 PM
That's cool my dog does the same thing. An Ei was at my door and my boxer freaked the fuck out. And a black guy selling paintings my dog lost it. White people can walk into my house and he won't even move. For the record my dogs brown with a black face so he should be chill with his dark skinned brothers but he must have drank his haterade

signature7
05-09-2009, 04:50 PM
It could've been a variety of reasons, did the kid show signs of fear? I know if you hesitate around my dogs they'll start barking, but if you're nonchalant and act normal he'll do the same.

Maybe he is a racist, reminds me of the king of the hill which was mentioned already or the curb your enthusiasm episode, turned out Sheriff the dog was a gay hater, just turned out he encountered a lot of black homosexuals.

Tik-Tok
05-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

What the fuck? He was fine around the white kids, but tries to attack a black kid? :dunno:

My dog has only barked menacingly at 3 people. Two of them turned out to be institutionally crazy, and the 3rd was was a black guy.

My dogs only met 2 black guys in his life, one is my wife's uncle, who he had no problems with, and the other was a one-time boyfriend of my sister-in-law.

I think he freaked at the boyfriend because he was VERY dark, and had bright blue clothes on, so he was kind of the colour negative of what he's used to (myself, pale white skin, and dark clothes).

Did the kid have bright clothes on? Or maybe he's nuts?

Supa Dexta
05-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Family guy also had an episode, where brian barked at p diddy or something...

I don't think it's that uncommon, as for why... Who knows, possible the dog thinks a black person looks like an animal or something....:dunno:

Spoons
05-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
looks like an animal or something....:dunno:

Way too easy... :rofl:

blackteg2
05-09-2009, 06:18 PM
How is he around Asian kids?

gatorade
05-09-2009, 06:21 PM
lol

Supa Dexta
05-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

Way too easy... :rofl:

exactly why I used those words.

Masked Bandit
05-09-2009, 07:14 PM
I honestly don't know what the hell it is but I've seen this behavior in dogs before. Back home we had a lot of natives living in town (small town Saskatchewan) and my Dad's dog would freak out whenever they walked by in the alley. A white kid goes by, no problem at all. I would be interested in finding out if there really is a reason for this.

Dumbass17
05-09-2009, 07:38 PM
couldn't find the one with brian barking at the black guy, but this still a pretty racist comment
http://www.220.ro/uJzec7W3wv/Family_Guy_Brian_Racist_Comment

Thomas Gabriel
05-09-2009, 07:51 PM
If they bark at people wearing hats, I can easily see them barking at a black person too.

GoChris
05-09-2009, 07:57 PM
I've heard of this before. Guess it grew up not seeing any black people. I would have expected the dog to be scared and run away though.

syeve
05-09-2009, 08:42 PM
^^this AND I know a few black people and they tend to be very afraid of dogs...no clue why, just something I have noticed. If someone is afraid of dogs, a dog is much more prone to act agressively. :dunno:

harv91
05-09-2009, 09:18 PM
maybe the kid got the last of the chicken at popeyes before it had to close down, and the dog wanted some ?
my cousins dog is super friendly with everyone except little kids (usually toddlers and other little kids)

bignerd
05-09-2009, 11:50 PM
My dog does the same thing with black people. I would assume it is because he is never really around them and was never socialized with them. I do not have any black friends and have yet to encounter any black people that participate in the same dog sports that I do so my dog never has any exposure to them.

One guy a black guy was driving around our neighborhood and stopped to ask where a street was and my dog freaked at him. I believe he would be okay if invited into our home or if I was interacting with a black person but just on their own he doesn't like them.

bignerd
05-09-2009, 11:51 PM
haha on a side note I was driving through Ponoka one time too and my dog was barking at all the natives, even the ones driving in the car behind me.

Majestic12
05-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Maybe the kid is a Terminator

InLoveWitRSX
05-10-2009, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by ZiG-87
Maybe the kid just smelled like KFC? :dunno:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kennyredline
05-11-2009, 12:22 PM
When I was young, living in Halifax, our dog would ALWAYS freak out when black people were around. There were black women that came by to try and sell us pussywillows, or weeds from the curb that they had "picked", and the dog would just loooooose it!

7thgenvic
05-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Did the kid run for the nearest fence?

kertejud2
05-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Dogs are only as racist as their owners :D

cancer man
05-14-2009, 04:33 AM
i know my good Cambodian friend can't enter my shop unless i leash my dog.

i think it has to do with diet and what smell emits from your pours.

Maybe that kid did shit his pants and the dog knew it?

And Maybe Fear does have a smell??