PDA

View Full Version : page load error

CMW403
05-09-2009, 01:43 PM
hey guys got a massive problem here. the laptop im on won't upload any pictures in any threads , and it won't load sites like youtube or demonoid or anything else really except beyond.ca. it gives me the page load error like this:

Address Not Found

www.youtube.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of

"www.mozilla.org")

* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

I would really like to see rihanna naked and i can't. im freakin out.

radioactivesago
05-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by CMW403
I would really like to see rihanna naked and i can't. im freakin out.

:D

Go to START, RUN and type "ping youtube.com -t" ( without quotation marks). If it starts to show a continous line of "Reply from ...... bytes: time: TTL: " then it means that you can connect to the internets. :)

If not, go to network connections and check your connections.

Check your cables if they are properly connected.
Check the router if it's on/off. Try turning it off for 2-3 minutes and turn it back on. If it's still not working, locate the manual reset of your router. Hold the button for 1 minute (just a guess). Maybe you need to update the firmware.

CMW403
05-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by radioactivesago

:D

Go to START, RUN and type "ping youtube.com -t" ( without quotation marks). If it starts to show a continous line of "Reply from ...... bytes: time: TTL: " then it means that you can connect to the internets. :)

If not, go to network connections and check your connections.

Check your cables if they are properly connected.
Check the router if it's on/off. Try turning it off for 2-3 minutes and turn it back on. If it's still not working, locate the manual reset of your router. Hold the button for 1 minute (just a guess). Maybe you need to update the firmware.

i have no "RUN" off of the start menu, im on vista if that makes a difference.

dude im connected because im on the laptop right now posting. for some reason im only allowed on beyond

radioactivesago
05-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

i have no "RUN" off of the start menu, im on vista if that makes a difference.

dude im connected because im on the laptop right now posting. for some reason im only allowed on beyond

Is it only on specific websites that you cant browse? Is your instant messenger working?

I think on the Vista Start Menu you can just type on the bottom and it will execute commands from there. Just try pinging from that Vista PC.

If you've checked the cables and cable connections running from your PC to the router,
go to network settings and check your current Local Area Connections if they are enabled.

If you right click on the icon, you can try and select repair just to be sure.

Tux0r
05-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Sounds like you have something malicious.

windows key + r brings you to the run menu, try going into msconfig and inspect the startup items and disable anything suspicious. Reboot and see if that helps.