PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Bad Fido Experience

2.2vtec
05-09-2009, 02:21 PM
I have been having problems with Fido always charging me "other minutes" charges on my bill. Every month I call they give me a different excuse as to why this happen and end up crediting me back the charges which is no big deal but extremely annoying.

Now just recently I had called and told them I keep getting charged and I want to know why cause i'm getting annoyed. The rep said I must be calling outside of the fido network and I know I don't go out of the fido network so I told him i'm not paying the charges and he forwarded me to the manager. The manager finally agreed to reverse the charges and told me monitor where I use my phone for the next week or so with this code i punch in my phone to make sure I'm in the fido network. Surely enough I was always in the fido network.

Now she was suppose to get back to me cause I demanded a reason to these charges and now she won't return my phone calls. I have left about 4 messages and NOTHING. I also called and complained that Fido erased all my saved messages on my phone (they can't explain why) and few messages where saved from my Aunt who had passed away.

So i'm extremely pissed off about the whole situation and the manager will not call me back. Any sugguestion on how to take this to the next level? ie higher up manager?

Thanks

roopi
05-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Does your plan include roaming on the Rogers network? I know some of the older plans don't include the Rogers network unless you pay the additional fee for the monthly package to use the extended network.

If you are near the limits of the Fido network you can be switching over without even noticing it (and the phone doesn't show that it switched to Rogers).

Not sure how you can take this to another level other than saying you want to cancel your service with them. They would then transfer you to the retentions department and you could explain to them what the issue is. When threating to cancel service with them they usually offer something to keep you as a customer or they may start looking into the situation somemore.

2.2vtec
05-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm on an old grandfathered planned which is the 70 dollar a month unlimited which didn't offer the rogers network and doesn't even allow the option.

The thing is that some months I get charged a lot and some months barely anything, my calling locations stay consistant and I have went through my daily routes and looked at their fido coverage maps and have stayed within the fido network.

blackteg2
05-09-2009, 04:28 PM
People use Fido?

realazy
05-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Go into your phone settings and set the network selection to manual, and then select the Fido network.

This should stop the phone form automatically switching when there's a stronger signal (Rogers).

roopi
05-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
I'm on an old grandfathered planned which is the 70 dollar a month unlimited which didn't offer the rogers network and doesn't even allow the option.

The thing is that some months I get charged a lot and some months barely anything, my calling locations stay consistant and I have went through my daily routes and looked at their fido coverage maps and have stayed within the fido network.

I'm on the same plan and I've never had any issues with extra charges at all.

zipdoa
05-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by realazy
Go into your phone settings and set the network selection to manual, and then select the Fido network.

This should stop the phone form automatically switching when there's a stronger signal (Rogers).

This.

Are you in a cross-border zone? in ontario if you're close to the border your phone can pick up verizon (or other us) towers while your in canada and you'll be charged for roaming, even though it was a local call.