PDA

View Full Version : Celica Gt vs. Gt-s

ramminghard
10-24-2003, 11:55 AM
What are the differences between the two? I have looked around but couldn't find a good answer. Looking for info on the 4th gen and 5th gen celica's.

Thanks
Matt

C4S
10-24-2003, 12:15 PM
Suppose the GT-S is a higher model ... go

www.toyota.ca

However from the HP # they are like 40 HP different . but in real life ... you can't hardly feel the power different, unless you push the rev very high ( that is the way the enginee should anyway)

Of course, they look "slightly" different, and suspension and interior is slightly different too . ( and big price jump ! )

On last gen Celica .. the GT and GTS are the same enginee ( around 135 hp ? ) and I still think the 94 to 99 (?) Celica is the best looking one ... ( but the 245 HP version was never import to here ! damn .. )

ramminghard
10-24-2003, 01:07 PM
specifically the 1991 model

C4S
10-24-2003, 01:12 PM
in 91 model .. I believe GT-S has wider body (slightly) and same power 130 HP ( less power on the ST )

Different seats, and GT-S can get many nice options such as better sound systems etc .... ( make make no mean by now)

Sunroofs etc.. better brake .. not sure if the suspension are the same ...

However if you look for a used one, their price wont' be much different, they are all in $4,000 to $6,000 range .. GT or GTS ..

They are not fast,(beside the turbo AWD , which is nice nice car ! ) however their look are good, super realiable, and better car then a same yr Honda Prelude ! ^_ ^

EK 2.0
10-24-2003, 01:22 PM
Disc and Drum Brakes on the news ones as well...the Gt comes with drums, and the GT-S with discs on the rear...Power is substanially greater on the new GT-S with the 2ZZ-FE motor vs. the GT which some tock with a version of the corollas engine under that sleek hood...

littledan
10-24-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by C4S
and better car then a same yr Honda Prelude ! ^_ ^

take it back!!

davidI
10-24-2003, 02:06 PM
C4S got most of it right. The 5th gen GTS came with optional 10 speaker sound which is actually really good (even to todays standards). I know tons of people that upgraded the stock speakers and actually felt that it was a downgrade unless they spent $400+ on components. The GTS also has the all-trac wide body style wtih widerfenders. The speed is about the same and I believe suspension is also the same.
The one thing I wouldn't agree on is the 4-6 k range. Depending on the condition of the car I've seen them in the auto trader for up to 12k. Most of them between 6 and 10 grand.

It's a great car though. Not too fast but awesome looks and nice interior features.

Ashkente
10-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
Disc and Drum Brakes on the news ones as well...the Gt comes with drums, and the GT-S with discs on the rear...Power is substanially greater on the new GT-S with the 2ZZ-FE motor vs. the GT which some tock with a version of the corollas engine under that sleek hood...

Afair, the GTS has the 2ZZ-GE; FE heads are for fuel efficiency, GE heads are for performance.

CelicaST-162
10-24-2003, 02:59 PM
4th gen is 1986-1989 the GT-S trim is the high model with the spoiler, alloy wheels, disc brakes in all four corners The GT-S comes with the 3S-GE engine. GT has either the 2S-E or 3S-FE (camry engines) and front disc rear drums. 5th gen is 1990-1993 GTS is 3 piece spoiler, alloy wheels, 2.2L 5S-FE engine same with the GT. The GT has the 1 piece spoiler etc. BTW I have a 4th gen (wrecked for sale if your intrested :D

celidude 162
09-08-2004, 08:17 AM
how much hp to the wheels does anyone know does anyone have a descent front end for 87 celica gts non turbo

celidude 162
09-08-2004, 09:26 AM
does anyone know any cheap hopups for the 4gen celica gt-s and gt of the same gen. I'd really like to know the info ;) :dunno:

calgarygts
09-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Eveything will need to be custom as there is no aftermarket for this car period. Get exhaust, make a cold air intake. S-AFC2 will yield biggest results if you can tune it.

SilverRex
09-14-2004, 01:10 PM
I had a 2000 celica GT before, and I have to tell you for that kind of price, its a POS,

of course that was my first car and I didnt know better.

the GT model doesnt even come with cruise control, all disc brake or ABS.

you rather go for a mazda 3 which is much faster and well equiped but of course if you like the style of the celica, than only go for the GTS model