PDA

View Full Version : Track Time Available

fireball
05-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Well - I don't post here much but I do go to the track a lot! Many of you may know me from there.

This is the last season for Race City - period. This October it'll be ripped up and turned into a water retention pond for a city dump.

Anyway, since I'm at the track, literally about once a week, I thought I'd let people know when the track is available for them to play on.

There's an opportunity this Wednesday to join up with a Davenport Motorsports Track Night. $325 with instructor and $300 if you have a bunch of track experience. 5:00pm to 9:00pm.

There's are very, very few opportunities left to run your car on the roadcourse and this is one of them. The track is the ONLY place to experience the true performance of your car. Period.

If you call Namala at Davenport (274-7271) just let him know that Greg Phillips sent you. Hopefully we'll see some of you out there. The forecast is excellent!

Thanks,
Greg

BTW, I've been shipping my car to Infineon and to Thunderhill (in northern California) for some lapping. Race City isn't as nice but it's WAAAAAAAAY cheaper!

fireball
05-11-2009, 02:23 PM
OK - Great news. The price has been reduced to $250 + GST.

If you want to get some track time this is a great opportunity!

Greg

ottamania
05-11-2009, 03:17 PM
how many cars will be there? usually we pay 150-175 depending on the number of cars :confused:

fireball
05-11-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't know but I'm pretty sure that right now there's less than 10. I hope that they get to 15 to 20 though.

Greg

BigMass
05-11-2009, 03:30 PM
post pics of your 2008 Viper ACR :P

Murray Peterson
05-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by fireball
Well - I don't post here much but I do go to the track a lot! Many of you may know me from there.

This is the last season for Race City - period. This October it'll be ripped up and turned into a water retention pond for a city dump.

Anyway, since I'm at the track, literally about once a week, I thought I'd let people know when the track is available for them to play on.

There's an opportunity this Wednesday to join up with a Davenport Motorsports Track Night. $325 with instructor and $300 if you have a bunch of track experience. 5:00pm to 9:00pm.

There's are very, very few opportunities left to run your car on the roadcourse and this is one of them. The track is the ONLY place to experience the true performance of your car. Period.

If you call Namala at Davenport (274-7271) just let him know that Greg Phillips sent you. Hopefully we'll see some of you out there. The forecast is excellent!

Thanks,
Greg

BTW, I've been shipping my car to Infineon and to Thunderhill (in northern California) for some lapping. Race City isn't as nice but it's WAAAAAAAAY cheaper!

Tell me more. Timed? Cones to modify the track, or just wide open? Chicago boc open or is the rear straight straight through?

fireball
05-12-2009, 09:18 AM
It'll be the full roadcourse. There'll be no timing equipment set up but time yourself if you want. No cones - anywhere. I think there'll be 2 run groups. If you're fairly new to the track there'll be one run group and then another for drivers with lots of track experience.

This let's the less experienced drivers get the hang of things safely while the more experienced drivers can have clear tracks. They'll run about 20 - 25 minute sessions.

My ACR will be there!

Greg

ApexDrift
05-12-2009, 10:12 AM
$250 with or with out instructor...

fireball
05-12-2009, 04:53 PM
It's $250 without instructor. No change to the price with instructor.

Greg

bremorr
05-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Greg,

Thanks very much for posting this....I had a great time!! I feel that my overall driving improves everytime I do a lapping event. This was my first night on my new tires and suspension, the car worked great which was nice to feel!!!....... Maybe I'll see you around the bike world sometime or at another lapping day. Thanks again.

-Brent

fireball
05-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Brent,
Your car looks awesome!

I had a great time too. The weather was almost perfect and the track was mostly empty -- a great track night.

See you on June 22.

Greg